Bikes, Hints'n'Tips > Fazer8 / FZ8

Fazer 8 ABS headlight mod

<< < (5/5)

sure2ride:
Must admit I haven't made my mind up yet. Always liked the twin dipped light on the foxeye and Fazer 1, but have been asked by a couple of sports car drivers to put them on dipped as they were so bright when seen in their rear mirrors. (they were on dipped anyway but the drivers thought they were on main beam they were so bright)
I was a bit dissapointed that the 8 only had one light on dipped, but tbh as I don't see it anyway when I'm riding I may leave it. Some other bikes do have a single dipped light, and I haven't  been told I have a bulb out yet, but I guess time will tell.
I guess night riding (which I haven't done yet on this on) may make me change to having both dipped, providing it is legal from MOT viewpoint.
Dunno, Jury is out for me at the mo. :\

Stormbringer:
I converted mine last night .
I used a kit from a guy on eBay .
It looks a very professional job .
It uses the empty plug slots under the airbox and back of the bulb.
Fazer FZ8.

Soonmixdin:

--- Quote from: Stormbringer on 27 January 2020, 07:52:53 pm ---I converted mine last night .
I used a kit from a guy on eBay .
It looks a very professional job .
It uses the empty plug slots under the airbox and back of the bulb.
Fazer FZ8.

--- End quote ---

Hi there, do you have a link you could share to this modification kit? Also, have you taken it through the MOT since fitting it?

Fazers2Stun:
Not sure if you've sorted this yet but I found this guy on eBay UK selling the Mod on FZ8 for £20+postage.
I've ordered one today so not fitted it yet but will post back here to say if it works or not. It's arriving in a week of now – [size=78%]05/08/2021[/size]

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/114922689742

b1k3rdude:
I personally would go the whole hog and replace the headlight bulbs with LED and then link them of the same feed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version