Bikes, Hints'n'Tips > FZS600 Fazer

THROTTLE OFF, REVS GOING DOWN SLOWLY. BUT THROTTLE NOT STICKING

<< < (3/5) > >>

Gnasher:
Mate I've given you all the likely possibilities, either you're missing or you've not installed or set something correctly.

The only other possibility is the carbs, I know you said you didn't touch them but it could be just coincidental.  Check for bent needles, partially or blocked emulsion tubes, damaged or leaking metering valves, damaged or sticking throttle valves, lose/bent/damaged butterfly valves, brittle/holed/cracked diaphragms, broken/damaged diaphragm spring I've seen these cut down in the past, partially blocked air bleed passages and general condition or the carbs.  Something as simple as oxidation (white powder) in/on any part or the body where a slide/valve has to move past or fuel/air has to pass through will have an effect.           

TOM VR46:
Thanks Gnasher.  Will give it another going over and take time with it. Just stumped with whats gone wrong. And ever time i start it something different happens. Didnt take out today , but started it and it did,,, and just sat and ticked over.
But ive got the patience just need the time and ill get there.

unfazed:
Had the same issue on my Serow Had the Carb apart and everything was fine. I check the diaphragm and found it was not very flexible. Luckily it takes the same diaphragm as the FZS600, swapped the diaphragm from a spare set of carbs I have and has been perfect since. . Only ever came across the issue in an old CB250K2 back in the 70s.

psyfi_1:
hi bud if your clutch plates are binding that will cause exactly that the revs will match the revs of the engine so its time to sort out your clutch plates also the carb rubbers are another so both are a idea to sort out

TOM VR46:
Thanks for replies and ideas on this. Due to waiting on brake seals im taking my time.
Carb port caps,, possible small hole in one but you have to blow dam hard ,, so idea for this is when i get round to starting her up again ill put heat shrink over and bend last 5mm or so over and then cap.
Possible carb 4 slider making different noise when just flicking them up and letting drop ,, but just slight difference. Havent taken apart yet just visual check.  Butterflies look ok open and shut ok . No difference using throttle to open and shut.
I did recently put new clutch plates in but to be honest didnt like them so old ones werent slipping or anything , just age so put them back in and keep new for spares if needed.
Carb rubbers to head all good as these arent to old, no cracks or splits.
So time for new carb cleaner and will take time and have a wee look inside. And clean the glasses first too :D :D .

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version