Bikes, Hints'n'Tips > Fazer8 / FZ8

2012 Fazer 800 SA Headlamp relay location?

(1/1)

Marcho:
Hi everyone, my headlight bulb isn't coming on, bulb is ok and if I unplug the bulb the blue dash indicator comes on but goes out as soon as I plug the bulb back in.  I suspect it's the headlamp relay but Where is it??
Anyone know where it's located?
Also anyone know the part number? 
Cheers
Ian

unfazed:
Not sure of the model designation of the FZ800, is yours with or without the fairing? With or without ABS?

Grahamm:

--- Quote from: Marcho on 12 November 2021, 01:31:42 pm ---I suspect it's the headlamp relay but Where is it??
Anyone know where it's located?
Also anyone know the part number? 

--- End quote ---

Look for the lighting section on here and it should show the location and the part number: https://www.bike-parts-yam.com/yamaha-motorcycle

celticbiker:
On the faired model there are two connectors sitting just above the radiator behind the near side fairing panel. These get a lot of water on them if riding in the wet and when washing the bike and can get corroded connections.
I have found that these are nearly always the cause for any lighting or dashboard problems.
I clean mine with electrical contact cleaner and then a good soaking with duck oil and then a quick blow out to remove the excess oil.
Very rare in my experience that a lighting relay goes these days.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version