Bikes, Hints'n'Tips > FZS600 Fazer

98 vs 03

(1/1)

bozboz:
So during my build I keep coming up with differences between the boxeye and fixeye models. Not the obvious things like headlights fairings or tanks. More the BS little things like the switch gear plugs are different, the fuel pump plug is different, alternator plug is different, ignition plugs are different, hangers different, carb settings different. Seriously so many subtle changes that are under the surface!

*** Incidentally I don't intend on buying a new alternator to fit this 03 loom but if I put the connectors on female blades and slot them in does it matter the order? ***

Sent from my SM-A415F using Tapatalk

fazerbcn:
I have just had a look at the Haynes manual, three cables come out of the alternator, they seem AC, so they should be fine no matter the order, I have not have a look at the connector on the bike, but it seems that there may be a 5 cables connector to the regulator, so in that connector the red and black ones should be taken care as they are 12V DC (+12V and ground), and those two are to be sorted correctly for sure.

Haynes just seems to put the three coming out of the regulator as white or grey on the schema, not even considering them important.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version