Date: 19-04-24  Time: 21:15 pm

Author Topic: Super Scott  (Read 1636 times)

coffee

• GP Hero
  • Phil Bradbury,like road racing,ireland,music
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
Super Scott
« on: 21 October 2019, 08:23:15 pm »
After taking a fair bit of stick off the media and some who should know better,Scott Redding took the BSB title in his rooky year."wait 'till he gets to Cadwell and Knockhill,Oulton Park,etc he won't know what's happening" and other such remarks,well when he did get to these places he not only didn't make a fool of himself he won and was on the rostrum at them! and when he came to curcuits he'd been,Assen,Donington etc he showed his class and won convincingly and this was on different tyres and no trick electrics,all stuff he'd have to get used to after Moto GP.A lot of people would have liked to see him come unstuck but he didn't and deserved the title,he was the best rider in the championship and I really think he'll do well in WSB. :thumbup
never look down on anyone unless you're helping them up.

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
Re: Super Scott
« Reply #1 on: 21 October 2019, 09:22:57 pm »
Got back to the UK at 01:30 yesterday morning, a quick kip and on my way to Brands by 09:00. Glad I made the effort, and very pleased for Scott, who became the very first BSB rookie champion. Admittedly not a rookie in the true sense  of the word, but the tracks and type of bike were totally alien. Hopefully he can take this momentum to WSB next season. Tommy Bridewell had a great weekend, and would love him to win this competition next year.
Whizz kid sitting pretty on his two wheeled stallion.

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
Re: Super Scott
« Reply #2 on: 22 October 2019, 12:24:39 am »
Thrilled to bits to see Scott winning BSB,  :woot always reckoned he was a very under rated rider.
Never got the credit he deserved, he did a great job in 125 and Moto 2.
Unfortunately his height and weight came against him and until they introduced a weight limit in 2013, which helped him in his 2nd place finish that year.
Eurosport used to annoy the crap out of me going on about Bradley Smith and virtually ignoring Scot who was doing a better job.Really looking forward to see how he does in WSBK.  :)

* Crash.Net racing newsfeeds

MotoGP

World Superbikes

British Superbikes

RSS to JavaScript