Bikes, Hints'n'Tips > Fazer8 / FZ8

Fazer 8 ABS headlight mod

<< < (3/5) > >>

HalfEmpty:
Went into local dealer today and asked about the head light mod. Was told that they would advise it because 1) wiring harness may overheat. 2) the dipped beam spead would be wrong due to the lens and 3) it would fail the mot!

What do you think?

FazerPete:
Difficult to argue against it to be honest.  The only point that has been made by a number of Fazer 8 guys is that if you get the modification carride at the same place you get the Mot it will be difficult for that garage to argue an Mot failure!
My missus has said  the alternative is to ride with full beam on - which does have a certain merrit to make you recognisable and help prevent the SMIDSY brigade!

HalfEmpty:
I agree - the only problem is you piss the the drivers off who do look out for bikes. (like me - queue saintly smile  :evil ) and we all need more of them. Mind you, with someone on the back, i'm lighting up the sky anyway!

ddtwelve:
Yep bloody suspension should have self leveling lights on

HalfEmpty:
My old BMW R1100S had a lever inside the fairing to manually drop the lights with a pillion on. Low tech but worked a treat. Can't be that expensive or difficult to fit as original equipment!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version