Date: 29-03-24  Time: 14:29 pm

Author Topic: What did you do with whatever else you've got?  (Read 506135 times)

kitcrazy

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 1000sx
    • View Profile
Re: What did you do with whatever else you've got?
« Reply #2375 on: 09 June 2021, 10:32:22 am »
Nice day out yesterday doing a lot of the south coast.

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2376 on: 18 August 2021, 09:45:58 pm »
Had a nice evening at a bike meet/charity event at the Lincolnshire Aviation Heritage Centre raising money to helping restore the Lancaster bomber they have there.
Hundreds of bikes, plenty of food and drink and a good time had by all.
They fired up the working Lancaster and paraded it around the airfield... absolutely marvelous machine. There is also the museum there showcasing old WW2 Bombs and parts of downed planes along with period correct barracks and mess hall.
As an added bonus the journey from my house is around 40miles of fast sweeping B roads so about 80mile round trip.
All in all a very enjoyable night and for a great cause!

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2377 on: 18 August 2021, 09:50:40 pm »
Here's a little video of the Lancaster showing off

riedrider

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - TDM850, BT1100, NTV650, R100R
    • View Profile
« Reply #2378 on: 07 October 2021, 08:01:25 pm »
Bought a MT-03, the original 660  ;)
Guenter

Danfz6

• Cager in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #2379 on: 17 October 2021, 10:42:35 pm »
Washed the bike and put to bed on a trickle charger.

Weekends for riding are fading fast I think. Not that I'm bothered about riding in shit weather, just dont need to anymore.

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #2380 on: 22 October 2021, 09:50:17 pm »
Left hand fork seal on the Triumph developed a weep, so forks off and drained, seal replaced. Kept the air gap and oil weight standard, but dropped the forks an extra 5mm through the yokes, which will hopefully speed up the steering a tad.
Whizz kid sitting pretty on his two wheeled stallion.

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #2381 on: 16 January 2022, 09:49:14 pm »
Went on a VMCC run today. Admittedly the old Speed Triple was one of the youngest bikes there, but once they're 25 years old they qualify. Forty or so miles around some really nadgery Kentish lanes made cleaning it beforehand a total waste of time. A pint of Harveys at the pub stop, made up for that though. :)

dangerousdave

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2382 on: 17 January 2022, 03:18:53 pm »
Can you drink a pint of Sherry ride the bike???

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #2383 on: 17 January 2022, 05:50:20 pm »
Can you drink a pint of Sherry ride the bike???
:lol  Harvey’s, a well known Sussex brewery, if you’re from the south.

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #2384 on: 30 January 2022, 06:38:36 pm »
Other than the low sun, it was a lovely day to be out on the bike today. Had a nice mainly B road ride down to The Chalet for a bacon sarnie and a few teas, whilst sat in the sun. Plenty of bikes there, with their riders capitalising on the springlike weather. Then went the long way to Whiteways(Bury Hill), where the landowners have just introduced paid parking. No one seemed sure if this included bikes or not, but paid up just to be on the safe side. It was dark by the time I got home, having nudged the Triumphs mileometer over the 69k mark, with another 120 enjoyable miles added. It's the Dragon Rally in a fortnight, which will put a few more serious miles on her.

beuleux

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2385 on: 04 February 2022, 10:49:32 pm »
Then went the long way to Whiteways(Bury Hill), where the landowners have just introduced paid parking. No one seemed sure if this included bikes or not, but paid up just to be on the safe side.
According to whiteways facebook page parking charges for bikes were dropped 31st Jan, the day after you posted this 😆
I go past it on a weekly basis but never stopped by, I did stop for a smokebreak one evening about 20 odd years ago and I was approached by a traffic cop who asked me what I was doing there, when I asked him what the problem was he proceeded to explain what goes on there after dark, I guess that encounter kinda put me off, maybe i should do a daytime stop 👍
*Disclaimer*
Nothing I say should in any way be taken as a good idea 😄

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #2386 on: 05 February 2022, 09:52:59 am »
70p didn't break the bank :lol . The cafe owners didn't have a clue whether the parking fees applied to bikes or not. For me 70p against a possible fine was a no brainer. I'll let my pal who's fairly local, know of the change as it was putting bikers off from going there :thumbup  .

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #2387 on: 10 February 2022, 04:56:07 pm »
Loaded up the ST with the camping gear, for Saturdays Dragon Rally. Going to cheat a bit this year, and stay in a pub near Betwys y Coed, so as to get to the camping venue early Saturday. That will hopefully give me and my pal a better chance of a decent pitch. Normally we get there around 4ish, as it’s a fair ride from Surrey, to find the only available space is under water :eek .

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #2388 on: 12 February 2022, 08:01:58 am »
Excellent ride up to Conwy yesterday, dry and sunny, if a bit chilly to start, saw another 330 miles pass under the old girls wheels without any drama. As forecast, the weather has gone downhill this morning as I get ready to find out where the campsite will be this year. Waterproofs will be working overtime, that's for sure.

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #2389 on: 14 February 2022, 10:09:32 am »
The campsite turned out to be the same venue as four years ago, when, by the time I’d got there, there was no camp space not under water available. So after collecting my attendance badge, rode straight back home. That was a long day. Decided to tough it out and camp, but questioned my decision until pints of lager seemed to take the edge off of any anxiety. As always, met some really interesting rallyists, including an 83 year old, camping under a tarp lashed to his bike. Proper hardcore.
Packing up in the pouring rain with a banging head, won’t go down in my top 5 memorable moments for sure, but managed to throw all the soaking kit in my cavernous Ortleib bag, and get it lashed on the bike, which fired up straight away despite the torrents of rain that had descended on it. Next stop, the caff just in to Shropshire.
All was not well as we pulled into the empty carpark, as the carpark being empty meant it was shut. Oh the despair, as breakfast was going to be the prize for enduring the heavy rain ride out of Wales. A BP station coffee and pastie was a very poor alternative, but hey ho such is life’s disappointments. The next stop was Bourton on the Water in Oxfordshire, for a final gas up and coffee, before picking up the M4 at Swindon, down to Reading, then across to the M3, M25 and home. No point in taking an unfamiliar A road route home in this weather, as it wouldn’t have been enjoyable and would have taken a lot more time. On the drive another 321 miles had been knocked off by my faithful old warrior who’ll be 28 years old next month, and all the miles it’s done have been my miles. :lol .
I’ll post a few pics later, as tent drying out is today’s project.

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #2390 on: 14 February 2022, 10:44:19 am »
Brings back childhood memories of a two week school trip camping to Anglesey. Pissed down every single day.

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #2391 on: 14 February 2022, 06:35:33 pm »
The guy with the beercan in the fire pic is the 83 year old.

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #2392 on: 14 February 2022, 06:48:23 pm »
Brings back childhood memories of a two week school trip camping to Anglesey. Pissed down every single day.
There's one to go with the childhood memories :lol

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #2393 on: 14 February 2022, 09:00:03 pm »
Id hazard a guess he took his own dry firewood

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #2394 on: 15 February 2022, 10:24:40 am »
His bike was like the Tardis. Fire pit,firewood, tarp with a single pole, chopping board to prepare his food, and most importantly…a bottle of port to go with the cheese and grapes :lol

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #2395 on: 07 April 2022, 05:24:33 pm »
(Last Sunday).
Owing to my recent ULEZ certificate grief, I forgot to post on last Sunday's Whitstable Egg Run. Not wishing to repeat last Sunday's error, I left home duly togged up in my winter gear including heated gloves. The plan was to head south to Rye, hardly on the way to Whitstable I know, but wanted to try out Beryl's breakfast at the Farm Shop cafe, just outside Rye on the way to Brenzett. It's quite a small cafe, and maybe better visited in the week, as several tables were reserved, no doubt for Beryls reknowned Sunday dinner.
Having left home a little later than intended, and Beryl's service being a tad on the slow side, it meant I arrived at the Whitstable rendezvous carpark, just as the bikes were starting to leave.
This wasn't a major problem as I hadn't intended to follow the run to Canterbury, as found it a bit of a chore in the past, due to the traffic laden route it takes. As the tailend Charlie ended the roadblock, protecting the bikes as they left the carpark, I made my way to Herne Bay for a coffee and a sit in the sun. Like most bike gatherings, there's nearly always something unusual there, and Sunday was no exception. Got talking to a guy with a "customised" NSU Quickly. For those unfamiliar with these, it's a 50cc pedal assisted moped( like a 1950/60's FS1E), with a 2 speed gearbox operated by the left handlebar like a Lambretta/Vespa. My first go on a motorbike of  any description, was on one of these aged about 14. As is the way, it drew far more attention than a really well street fightered GSXR1000, which normally would have been the talking point.
Like all good things, they come to an end, and it was time to saddle up and head for home. However my usual B road route around Headcorn was closed due to roadworks, so had to make up my own diversion to Tenterden when I was back on familiar roads. The old Speedie did itself proud, with exactly 222.2 miles recorded on the trip, and all on one tank of petrol. Mind you, it is a big tank :)
« Last Edit: 07 April 2022, 05:26:52 pm by robbo »

kitcrazy

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 1000sx
    • View Profile
« Reply #2396 on: 16 April 2022, 06:08:51 pm »
Wish I had your get up and go pete.

kitcrazy

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 1000sx
    • View Profile
« Reply #2397 on: 20 April 2022, 07:08:55 pm »
Took the tracer for a run.

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #2398 on: 20 April 2022, 08:45:14 pm »
Very nice Mr.Crazy, had the first service yet?.

kitcrazy

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 1000sx
    • View Profile
« Reply #2399 on: 21 April 2022, 04:19:39 pm »
No got 300 miles to go but ill knock a few off tomorrow.