Date: 18-05-24  Time: 00:15 am

Author Topic: slip on end can  (Read 1467 times)

bri h

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
slip on end can
« on: 18 May 2014, 03:34:14 am »
So ive decided to go for the sp engineering XLS big bore on the groungs that if its good enough for kosmo its probably to good for me. Then i read that a shorter exhaust gives more top end power but less bottom end and visa versa for a longer can. Im not really looking for more top end power just a better sounding and looking exhaust. My problem is i dont want to loose any lower end power so the burning question is do i go for the 300mm (prettier) end can or the not to shabby 380mm one? Oh and the longer one is a tenner dearer.
a bird in the hand poops on the wrist

Rexr

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: slip on end can
« Reply #1 on: 18 May 2014, 09:30:52 am »
I've got a power tech gp can and that is a short with a 3 inch diameter bore and to be honest I don't see the point of these cans other than to some they look good (but not me)  there seems to be hardly any back pressure like u'd get with a smaller bore size can,which why I'm changing it to a different can, the loss of back pressure maybe why u lose mid range???
Rexr.

Keep it simple......stupid..!!!

esetest

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MotoguzziV7racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 18 May 2014, 09:56:18 am »
I have not long had the SP big bore stubby on mine , with  the baffle in it's loud enough for me , and sounds fantastic when you decelerate , there probably is a bit less power when you pull away , but once your on the move I don't notice it and I weigh just over 12 stone , I did fit a K&N air filter before the exhaust and that gave it more oomph .

bri h

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 18 May 2014, 10:41:07 am »
Thanks gents  the one I'm looking at is 2.5 inches.  maybe I'll look at a smaller bore.
a bird in the hand poops on the wrist

Kosmic Kartman

• Photo comp trophy
    July & September 2010
  • GP Hero
  • Champion on two, three & four wheels
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - KTM640LC4SM, XRX125SM
    • View Profile
    • Trackart.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: 18 May 2014, 04:47:11 pm »
As a nine and a half stone jockey I don't notice any power drop but then I've got full monty as well  :)
Some say that he eats habanero chilli peppers dipped in oil of capsaicin for extra bite and that his pyjamas are made from Nomex. All we know is, he's called Ad the Bad

Rexr

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 18 May 2014, 05:15:24 pm »
My power tech is up for sale if anyone is interested it's practically brand new, comes with all the bits, just not for me bit to loud (with baffle out) for my old ears....lol
Rexr.

Keep it simple......stupid..!!!

Millietant

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Apr RSV, FJ1200, FZS1000 & 600
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 19 May 2014, 11:18:53 pm »
We have Blue Flame oval, twin spout, slip on's on both the 1000 and the 600. Good looking (to us), nice sound - adjustable with 4 baffle options - easy to fit, well made and decently priced.

As for power - no idea !  Our arse-dynamometers aren't accurate enough to detect any quantifiable differences.