Date: 30-04-24  Time: 20:00 pm

Author Topic: Write to your MPs to support other bikers...  (Read 630 times)

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
Write to your MPs to support other bikers...
« on: 24 June 2020, 08:50:14 pm »
The Motorcycle Action Group wrote to the Transport Secretary, Grant Shapps, last week with a set of three demands.
 The three demands
  • Specifically recognise and encourage the role of motorcycles and scooters as a socially distanced, congestion busting, and sustainable transport mode for post-COVID transport in all Government transport messaging.
  • Mandate all local authorities to immediately allow motorcycle and scooter access in all combined bus and cycle routes.
  • Mandate all local authorities to immediately provide emergency secure two-wheeler parking facilities that can be used by both motorcyclists and cyclists.[/l][/l][/l][/l]
https://www.mag-uk.org/three-demands-mag-ramp-up-pressure-on-government/

You can find your MPs contact details on https://www.theyworkforyou.com[/list]
« Last Edit: 24 June 2020, 08:50:49 pm by Grahamm »

b1k3rdude

• Foc-u Helpful Foccer
  • Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - GSF 1250
    • View Profile
Re: Write to your MPs to support other bikers...
« Reply #1 on: 29 June 2020, 12:25:54 pm »
Been there did that when I got the email from mag -

Dear (insert name of your MP)

I am writing to you as your constituent, with urgent Motorcycle / Covid-19 related concerns!

The Government is refusing to listen to motorcyclists like myself in terms of our future transport challenges as the Coronavirus lockdown eases.
The Motorcycle Action Group has written to Secretary of State, Grant Shapps with three simple cost free and yet effective policy requests.  These policies, if acted upon, could greatly ease our national transport issues and support my personal transport preferences for virus transmission-safe travel.  The proposals will generate no extra cost implications beyond the funds already pledged by the Government to help local authorities reallocate road space and provide space for active travel.

The three policies being demanded by MAG are:

1. Specifically recognize and encourage the role of motorcycles and scooters as a socially distanced, congestion busting, and sustainable transport mode for post-COVID transport in all Government transport messaging.

2. Mandate all local authorities to immediately allow motorcycle and scooter access in all combined bus and cycle routes.
  • Some of the Red-routes in London already allow this, but its fragmented and poorly implemented. Allowing blanket access nationwide would be appropriately productive.
3. Mandate all local authorities to immediately provide emergency secure two-wheeler parking facilities that can be used by both motorcyclists and cyclists.
  • My local town center currently has several cycles bays, some of which are already unofficially used by motorcyclists. Making it official would be extremely helpful.
  • The existing single motorcycle bay in the town center is a joke as it only allows for 4x motorcycles to part there. Before this location was redeveloped there was a much larger motorcycle bay there.
I would like to ask you, as my representative in Parliament, to support me by calling on the Government to take heed and implement these policies as soon as possible. I hope that you will take urgent and positive action on this and look forward to hearing from you with any progress made.

Kind regards
« Last Edit: 29 June 2020, 12:32:19 pm by b1k3rdude »