Date: 20-05-24  Time: 02:22 am

Author Topic: Latest on the FZ1  (Read 1454 times)

Ifrench320

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
Latest on the FZ1
« on: 15 August 2015, 02:04:36 pm »
Hi all, I've been a member here for a while but never posted.
Just this very day I hae sold my year 2000 Fazer 600 and will hopefully buy a new bikes soon.
I've been looking at the MT09 but keep getting drawn back to the FZ1N. I had a test ride at the end of last year and was sorely tempted to order a new one at a cost of about £10k I think. Now though it seems to have vanished from Yamahas website. Have they ceased production on it and does anyone know if there will be some sort of replacement coming out?
Thanks all

Tmation

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: Latest on the FZ1
« Reply #1 on: 15 August 2015, 02:57:23 pm »
They are no more, MT09 and Tracer have replaced them.

If you hunt around the dealers you will find one somewhere either new, pre registered or very low miles.

Ifrench320

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 15 August 2015, 03:21:23 pm »
Ah ok. MT09 just feels cheaper made. Thanks

slimwilly

• GP Hero
  • I love to ride them hills
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 15 August 2015, 05:37:47 pm »
Yes indeed  the fz1 naked will be a new bargain if you can find a new one in a dealer,,,should get 2 or 3 grand off
An ageing test pilot for home grown widgets that may fail at anytime.

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 15 August 2015, 10:10:03 pm »
good luck with the search Ifrench and good to see you participating now

keep us updated and get pics up if you see any nice ones or actually buy one

5k could get you an immaculate low mileage example these days

also interesting what you thought about the MT09....I think that is new bikes in general...they are cheaper but profits still have to be made so something has to give....the FZ1 is a solid lump and seems pretty good quality.....id still probably prefer the ride of an MT09 though I imagine.
Easiest way to go fast........don't buy a blue bike

Tmation

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 16 August 2015, 10:02:26 am »
I wanted to like the MT09, but when I tested one I wasn't so keen. It felt like my hands were too close to me, which I didn't like, some people will be fine with it.

I also found the engine a bit coarse and not as powerful low down as I was expecting. It is very light compared to a Fazer 1000 and the handling/ride were better than you read about and I am a fat twat.

It would be great going from a 600 I would imagine, but not for me.

Good luck with what ever you choose.

Ifrench320

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 18 August 2015, 12:31:37 pm »
Thanks for the replies guys.
Heres my Fazer I got shot of, only 10k on the clock but time for a change

The day I tested the MT09 I also tested the FZ1, I just lived the feeling of endless power on the FZ1. The MT09 felt very much like a dirt bike but was amazingly fun to ride. It also has the baffle removed from the exhaust which wasn't a plus for me, I would like to try it with the standad exhaust because that thing was just too loud for my liking.
I've been hunting for an FZ1 but most are down south, although I dont mind travelling for the right bike.

Nath

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 19 August 2015, 01:08:30 pm »
The FZ1 is a good choice  :)

I had an FZ6s last year but that seemed too buzzy and sewing machine like for me and annoying having to dance on the gearbox all the time. Last year I tried an FZ1 for a month or so last year and loved it. Sold the 6 in April then bought a Sprint 1050 (the wife rides pilly) as it was a great deal all the right bits for touring and it ticked all the boxes. Loved the Sprint but the riding position wasn't for me and the pillion seat was so high I kept expecting to see snow on the wifes crash lid when we stopped.

Last week, I test rode an FZ1, then a Tracer along with a Tiger 1050 Sport and a Kwaki Z1000sx. I put a deposit down yesterday on an FZ1 and get it delivered tomorrow. Can't wait.

I found all the better priced FZ1's around the midlands and oop north. It was only by chance I found my new one fairly local to me.

slimwilly

• GP Hero
  • I love to ride them hills
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 19 August 2015, 05:55:43 pm »
Well done !!, looking forward to the pics and don't worry, we all have ways to get around any faults you find,just like the Fazer.

Loads of us on here have one, a real great bike.
An ageing test pilot for home grown widgets that may fail at anytime.