Date: 24-04-24  Time: 00:27 am

Author Topic: Its Nearly Back Together!  (Read 2446 times)

Slimted

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Its Nearly Back Together!
« on: 10 November 2011, 07:16:19 pm »
So, after snapping a spark plug in half (while still in the head), I am very close to getting it back together. After a short delay with a gasket (see elsewhere) the head and cam shafts are back in and cover on. While the Fazer has been off the road I had a test ride on Triumph 1050 Sprint ST. I love my Fazer but the Triumph was a great bike.......I might just have to have two bikes. Just dont tell the family....

limax2

• Creep.
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
Re: Its Nearly Back Together!
« Reply #1 on: 10 November 2011, 08:32:52 pm »
Glad to hear it's nearly back together. Smiles all round when it fires up  :) .

MEM62

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11 November 2011, 12:24:32 pm »
Nothing wrong with having two bikes, in fact I recommend it    :)

titter

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 17 November 2011, 09:26:48 am »
So, after snapping a spark plug in half (while still in the head), I am very close to getting it back together. After a short delay with a gasket (see elsewhere) the head and cam shafts are back in and cover on. While the Fazer has been off the road I had a test ride on Triumph 1050 Sprint ST. I love my Fazer but the Triumph was a great bike.......I might just have to have two bikes. Just dont tell the family....

Seriously tempted to buy a sprint myself. How did the handling compare to the fazer? I've got a gen 1

Slimted

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 27 November 2011, 07:49:22 pm »
ST was great. I have thrown the Fazer round a track a few times and would want a bike that could do that at least as well.
I think the ST may not be quite as easy but the power was great....(and its a Triumph!).

pitternator

• "I'll be back"
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 28 November 2011, 08:26:39 am »
I too have had 2 1050 STs...yes its a great bike, and handles much better than it may appear. I had no trouble getting my knee down on them.I never trackdayed them cos the thought of smashing all that plastic if it went wrong ( and not be insured) stopped me doing it.Ultimately a stock gen1 has  a bit more bhp ( mostly top end) but the sprint does have  a lovely grunty motor- about perfect for road riding at up to sportsbike intensity. It was never designed to keep up with gixxer setc, but can do surprisingly well. If it had an achilles heel , it was the slight top heaviness and slow steering in tight alpine hairpins.But I would have another 2 moro, as it is a very comfy capable bike, superb at the job it was designed for.
My 1st  sprint went to make way for my FZ-1 which didnt stay too long, and I bought another sprint !  lol....but I sold that sprint in 08 for a CB1000R , as I had bought a gen1, spent all the cash on all the necessary mods, and it seemed odd to have 2 sports tourers in me garage.I now have a speed triple alongside the fazer, but tbh I think a sprint  would still have been worth keeping.But if you R going to run 2 bikes, IMO they should offer diffrent riding experiences.I kept the fazer over the sprint for quite small diffrences- fazer bit more powerful, though less comfy; sprint not quite so agile as my K tech suspended fazer . Very small reasons indeed.

mickdel

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 30 November 2011, 02:54:32 pm »
I'd love an early model speed triple.  I think they look and sound gorgeous  :D
Head Focced