Date: 27-04-24  Time: 21:28 pm

Author Topic: what did you do with your fazer today ?  (Read 1605459 times)

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
Re: what did you do with your fazer today ?
« Reply #6725 on: 18 January 2017, 08:21:06 pm »
I got home early so washed me bike. Last time I washed it was weekend, took three days of commuting in the misty/foggy/ rainy/ tractory Forest of Dean to put about half a tater field of muck onnit....

Anyway Ogri stop foccing about washing that bike and get that building work finished.
I'm guessing its not an extension to the house as the internal walls looks like they have been built with concrete blocks rather than thermal ones. So guessing its an out building of some sort, would make a lovely garage, cavity wall. It needs lots of insulation much better than that container.
« Last Edit: 18 January 2017, 08:22:09 pm by tommyardin »

Graham53

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6726 on: 18 January 2017, 08:32:25 pm »
My eargerly anticipated carbon parts arrive from gb moto today. The weather was sunny so I decided to fit them ( airbox cover , seat side panels , radiator trims and fairing in fills )
Got the air box covers on ( just ) despite holes being a gnats cock off but then went on to the seat side panels and bloody things won't fit:'(
So 20 minutes worth of swearing and scratching my head wondering if it was me I gave up and sent a mr angry email. I could get the dremel out but don't see why I should.

In the second picture (Make that third) it looks like the hole has not been drilled in the centre of the recesses, if they had of been it looks like they would have lined up.  :'(
I think I've got it sorted now tommy , ( hopefully ) spoke to gb moto and they've said that it's that the holes haven't been drilled out correctly and if I drill them then they'll fit which I'd worked out but I didn't want to do in case I focced em but they've said if I break em while doing it they'll replace em ,so now I've got an excuse to use the dremel the mrs got me for chrimbo  :D

downey

• WSB Pack Hound
  • loving the new ivanised beast
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6727 on: 18 January 2017, 08:35:13 pm »
My eargerly anticipated carbon parts arrive from gb moto today. The weather was sunny so I decided to fit them ( airbox cover , seat side panels , radiator trims and fairing in fills )
Got the air box covers on ( just ) despite holes being a gnats cock off but then went on to the seat side panels and bloody things won't fit:'(
So 20 minutes worth of swearing and scratching my head wondering if it was me I gave up and sent a mr angry email. I could get the dremel out but don't see why I should.

thats a balls wouldnt have been that hard for them to get right ffs,,how did the infill panels fit ?
prob sorry you just didnt get them dipped or wrapped now ,,dremels is the way to go id say

please god let the sun keep shining

Graham53

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6728 on: 18 January 2017, 08:43:09 pm »
The in fill panels arrive tomorrow so fingers crossed , after speaking to them they've told me they've never had anyone contact them to say they didn't fit so I'm hopeful, I was going to get dipped but won a few quid on a competition from more than insurance and the New York lottery so thought I'd go for the carbon. Slightly regretting it but hopefully once they're all on I'll be pleased

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #6729 on: 18 January 2017, 11:20:40 pm »

In the second picture (Make that third) it looks like the hole has not been drilled in the centre of the recesses, if they had of been it looks like they would have lined up.  :'(
I think I've got it sorted now tommy , ( hopefully ) spoke to gb moto and they've said that it's that the holes haven't been drilled out correctly and if I drill them then they'll fit which I'd worked out but I didn't want to do in case I focced em but they've said if I break em while doing it they'll replace em ,so now I've got an excuse to use the dremel the mrs got me for chrimbo  :D

Try using it on the Mrs first :eek

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6730 on: 18 January 2017, 11:35:29 pm »

Bludy hell Tommy, I know Dremels are marketed as a multi tool but I've got to say I've never seen THAT attachment before 😲😂

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #6731 on: 18 January 2017, 11:36:38 pm »
Wheeling the bike out of the shed today, the right foot-peg got pushed against the door frame, but instead of just folding back neatly like it's supposed to do, the bloody thing sheared off!  :thumbdown

It meant I had to ride with my heel propped up on the back of the brake lever which wasn't exactly comfortable.

I've just ordered a replacement set from MCW which, fortunately are only about £7, so hopefully they'll get here before I need to ride again.

Graham53

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6732 on: 18 January 2017, 11:46:12 pm »

It is after all a " multitool "  :lol  although she doesn't seem very keen on it, upon suggestion her reply ended with "off "

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #6733 on: 19 January 2017, 07:51:30 am »

Bludy hell Tommy, I know Dremels are marketed as a multi tool but I've got to say I've never seen THAT attachment before 😲😂

I got one for mine its called the Dremel MINITOOL, althought the Mrs said i don't need a Dremel MINITOOL cos I already have one of my own.
Still trying to work out what she could mean. :'(

Graham53

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6734 on: 19 January 2017, 12:43:27 pm »

I got one for mine its called the Dremel MINITOOL, althought the Mrs said i don't need a Dremel MINITOOL cos I already have one of my own.
Don't worry tommy its not the size of your mini tool it's what you do with it .
At least that's what I've had my mrs believing for years  :D

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #6735 on: 19 January 2017, 04:41:43 pm »

I did a post earlier saying that I had ordered NGK angled plug caps for my Fazer and put a link in the post to evilBay, Don't buy these ones as they are too short in the body to reach over the camshaft covers.

Had the tank off the old girl this afternoon and removed original caps and could not see any wire done the hole that the screw in cap had made, cut about 8mm off each the four HT leads and refitted the original caps and the old girl burst into life.

Hope this will cure the very slight reluctance of number 3 pot o fire up, instantly all four down pies felt warm. Looking good.

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #6736 on: 19 January 2017, 04:43:48 pm »

Don't worry tommy its not the size of your mini tool it's what you do with it .
At least that's what I've had my mrs believing for years  :D

Mines in the shed best place for it. :rolleyes

ogri48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XJR1300 , evo fatty
    • View Profile
« Reply #6737 on: 19 January 2017, 05:45:23 pm »
I got home early so washed me bike. Last time I washed it was weekend, took three days of commuting in the misty/foggy/ rainy/ tractory Forest of Dean to put about half a tater field of muck onnit....

Anyway Ogri stop foccing about washing that bike and get that building work finished.
I'm guessing its not an extension to the house as the internal walls looks like they have been built with concrete blocks rather than thermal ones. So guessing its an out building of some sort, would make a lovely garage, cavity wall. It needs lots of insulation much better than that container.
It's a big workshop mate but I can't afford the materials to do much more onnit til spring

Graham53

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6738 on: 19 January 2017, 07:44:51 pm »
What I did with my fazer today was get bloody cross and swear lots  :wall
Got the dremel out and altered the carbon seat panels to fit , job done  :woot
Feeling satisfied with myself decided to check the radiator guards fitted , so 2 out of the 3 Allen bolts undo but the last ( it's always the last ) seized solid so  plusgas , WD40, heat , nothing will shift it then my Allen key rounds off the centre of the bolt.
Cue further attempts to remove until my only option is to get the dremel out cut off the plastic rad guard at the fitting then try and get some grips on the bolt head  that doesn't work so after all options exhausted I dremel the bolt head to a square and get grips on it which does with lots of huffing and puffing eventually frees it , until I notice that all the oomph may have put a hairline crack in to the radiator at the base of where the bolt goes in as I noticed a drip run down as I finally freed the bolt. :thumbdown
As it was dark by the time I finished I'll start her up tomorrow in daylight and check it at full temp and pressure and hope that goes better than today

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #6739 on: 19 January 2017, 08:36:11 pm »
Feel for you Graham 53, when you have one of those days where everything you try to do turns to shit. At the other end of your spectrum, I had a nice simple job that turned out nice and simple. Changed the RAM mount for my satnav to one that utilises one of the handlebar clamp bolts. Now I'm wondering if  tomorrows planned project will go bandy :lol .
Whizz kid sitting pretty on his two wheeled stallion.

Graham53

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6740 on: 19 January 2017, 09:26:13 pm »
Thanks Robbo  :thumbup
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you and maybe some of it will rub off on my day ,if it's sunny I might try the fairing infills or I might just send them back for a refund and save any potential hassle :rolleyes

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #6741 on: 20 January 2017, 09:51:35 am »
Filled the Fazer 1000 yesterday on the way home from work, took 22.5 litres. Just started to misfire coming off to bypass before the petrol station 😃

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #6742 on: 20 January 2017, 04:15:10 pm »
Filled the Fazer 1000 yesterday on the way home from work, took 22.5 litres. Just started to misfire coming off to bypass before the petrol station 😃

Carbs full of shit now the Unfazed  :'(

Frosties

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tiger 900, CBF 1000,Bandit 650
    • View Profile
« Reply #6743 on: 20 January 2017, 07:40:19 pm »

It also says "Low Fuel Prices".....1.35 Euro/Litre  :look
Those are my principles...if you don't like them I have others.

Graham53

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6744 on: 20 January 2017, 07:51:27 pm »
Fitted carbon fairing infills panels today  :rolleyes
For anyone that's read the saga of the poorly finished carbon parts that I've fitted this week , I'm not so happy to report that the fairing infills were no different  :'( spot the error in the picture !!!
I feel another mr angry email coming on or a post in "what gets my goat" section
Eventually fitted them as per pic 2
Had enough of carbon parts now and not buying anymore  :woot

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #6745 on: 20 January 2017, 08:28:14 pm »
Unlikely Tommy as I washed out the tank a few weeks ago when doing work on the carbs :)

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #6746 on: 20 January 2017, 11:44:07 pm »
Unlikely Tommy as I washed out the tank a few weeks ago when doing work on the carbs :)

Phew!

HarryHornby

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #6747 on: 21 January 2017, 08:09:22 pm »
Just treated her to a Tsubaki Alpha X ring (gold) chain and Renthal sprockets.  Waiting for them to arrive in the post now.
« Last Edit: 21 January 2017, 08:11:23 pm by HarryHornby »
Money doesn't buy happiness, but it buys beer, and that helps!

Frosties

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tiger 900, CBF 1000,Bandit 650
    • View Profile
« Reply #6748 on: 21 January 2017, 09:24:28 pm »
Outdragged a little cnut driving a Skoda VRS  :lol
Those are my principles...if you don't like them I have others.

Graham53

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6749 on: 21 January 2017, 09:32:47 pm »
Outdragged a little cnut driving a Skoda VRS  :lol

Watch out Frosties don't look at the " what kind of bikers are fazer owners post" it's turned into the skoda owners club over there , you can't slag off a skoda driver in that post  :lol