Date: 27-04-24  Time: 18:18 pm

Author Topic: what did you do with your fazer today ?  (Read 1605247 times)

slimwilly

• GP Hero
  • I love to ride them hills
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
Re: what did you do with your fazer today ?
« Reply #6025 on: 30 April 2016, 07:34:05 pm »
Nice one Grayo,,lovely looking bike, I rekon you will only find positives with it.
An ageing test pilot for home grown widgets that may fail at anytime.

Skippernick

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #6026 on: 30 April 2016, 07:58:55 pm »
Bastard!
Red Heads - Slowly taking over the world!!!

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600,CB400/4,X7,CB250
    • View Profile
« Reply #6027 on: 01 May 2016, 12:32:06 pm »
Taxed the mighty thou,£45 6mths, filled the tank £12, couple of PSI's in the tyres 50p, rode to ace cafe for tea £1.rode home the long way round just over 120 miles...........expensive cup of tea that    :rolleyes      :lol
One, is never going to be enough.....

esetest

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MotoguzziV7racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6028 on: 01 May 2016, 01:09:49 pm »
Rode it home via the scenic route .

kitcrazy

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 1000sx
    • View Profile
« Reply #6029 on: 01 May 2016, 06:42:00 pm »
took the fazer to goffs oak today for mike to work he's magic then took the wife to rye for a ride.great day

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #6030 on: 01 May 2016, 06:50:38 pm »
Ouch, have  94 1.8 Eunos, cars a piece of cake to work on. Cam belt and water pump a lazy days work on the drive. Very little to go wrong, rust seems to be the number one killer

Yep tin worm is a huge problem with the MX5 the earlier ones were much better but the later ones were made to the American market specifications, crumple zones up front, Mazda made the chassis out of much thinner steel but made it a double skinned chassis, the trouble is water gets in between the skins into the cavity between them and then rust from the inside out, you cant see the problem developing until its too late.

I bought an 2004 three years ago and keep it for 24 hours returning it to the garage for a full refund. I had an engineer look over the car and he said it was not fit for purpose and not of merchantable quality he said take it back and ask for you money back and if they are not helpful tell them that you are going to take it to an MOT station and have it Officially MOT'ed and when it fails which it most certainly would because you could push your fingers through the chassis and through the floor pan close to the rear suspension,. They would then have to give me my money back as it was an MOT failure and should not even be on the road, Plus the car they took back would not have an MOT on it as the most recent MOT to be done is the one that stands with the authorities.

I then searched for a nice MR2 Roadster found one and purchased it, no rust anywhere on the car body or chassis, Mid Engined 1800 vvti lump, rear wheel drive, Limited Slip Diff (Great for Donuts).
I fitted a Stainless Steel Manifold doing away with the two Precats that are located in the manifold, this removes the issue with the MR2 engines when the precats start to break up.
Great little car quick, revvey engine that wants to please and in my opinion looks much better than the MX5     
« Last Edit: 01 May 2016, 09:07:25 pm by tommyardin »

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #6031 on: 01 May 2016, 07:03:52 pm »
Oooh very nice TAMMYyardin  :rollin
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

Red Ceri

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - 1260S MTS, Le Mans II, RD250C
    • View Profile
« Reply #6032 on: 01 May 2016, 07:50:20 pm »
Cheecky early morning blast down to Rye for a classic bike autojumble, then back up the A21, really busy going southbound and lots of bikes heading towards Hastings,  ThenpPicked up some  some carbon dipped rad end covers I won on e-bay

joebloggs

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - ZX9RE1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6033 on: 01 May 2016, 08:31:24 pm »
Ouch, have  94 1.8 Eunos, cars a piece of cake to work on. Cam belt and water pump a lazy days work on the drive. Very little to go wrong, rust seems to be the number one killer

Yep tin worm is a huge problem with the MX5 the earlier ones were much better but the later ones were made to the American market specifications, crumple zones up front, Mazda made the chassis out of much thinner steel but mad it a double skinned chassis, the trouble is water gets in between the skins into the cavity between them and then rust from the inside out, you cant see the problem developing until its too late.

I bought an 2004 three years ago and keep it for 24 hours returning it to the garage for a full refund. I had an engineer look over the car and he said it was not fit for purpose and not of merchantable quality he said take it back and ask for you money back and if they are not helpful tell them that you are going to take it to an MOT station and have it Officially MOT'ed and when it fails which it most certainly would because you could push your fingers through the chassis and through the floor pan close to the rear suspension,. They would then have to give me my money back as it was an MOT failure and should not even be on the road, Plus the car they took back would not have an MOT on it as the most recent MOT to be done is the one that stands with the authorities.

I then searched for a nice MR2 Roadster found one and purchased it, no rust anywhere on the car body or chassis, Mid Engined 1800 vvti lump, rear wheel drive, Limited Slip Diff (Great for Donuts).
I fitted a Stainless Steel Manifold doing away with the two Precats that are located in the manifold, this removes the issue with the MR2 engines when the precats start to break up.
Great little car quick, revvey engine that wants to please and in my opinion looks much better than the MX5     

I got very lucky when I picked mine up, been inported from Japan with veery low miles and brought by an owner who couldn't sort out an electrical problem instead trusting it to a garage to sort, 3 years under cover later he still hadn't found the problem and I picked it up for pence. 45,000 miles with virtually no rust, wont tell you what I paid but it was silly money. £53 for a coil pack and it started first time lol

Personally I'm not a fan of either late MX or MR's, prefering the classic style of the earlier cars, especially the MX/Eunos, designed to mimic the Lotus Elan and although half as big again it does look similar.

At the end of the day you pays your money and takes your choice

Enjoy
Complete fabrication, I didn't make it up!

joebloggs

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - ZX9RE1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6034 on: 01 May 2016, 08:47:06 pm »
Parked at the garage with a very sill price tag in the window. Crap rear lights were changed for stock items

joebloggs

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - ZX9RE1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6035 on: 01 May 2016, 08:48:54 pm »
And British racing green is far faster than silver....................

matt7chunk

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Xj900f 1993
    • View Profile
« Reply #6036 on: 01 May 2016, 08:52:32 pm »
Took the long way home and stopped at Walton

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

joebloggs

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - ZX9RE1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6037 on: 01 May 2016, 08:58:18 pm »
Retro driver side roll bar and steels

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #6038 on: 01 May 2016, 09:10:02 pm »
Oooh very nice TAMMYyardin  :rollin

:rollin Saucey foccer XX

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #6039 on: 01 May 2016, 09:13:17 pm »

NOOOOooooooooo

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #6040 on: 01 May 2016, 09:17:56 pm »

NOOOOooooooooo

Just notice in the second picture you put steelys on it

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #6041 on: 01 May 2016, 09:18:12 pm »
Retro driver side roll bar and steels

Mate do you live on Coronation street  :rollin
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

joebloggs

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - ZX9RE1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6042 on: 01 May 2016, 09:23:13 pm »

NOOOOooooooooo

Yeah, picked up a set of wheels off ebay for £40, thought they were a bargain until I had them powder coated and a set of spacers to sit them under the arches, should have gone for a set of deep dished, may have worked out about the same price.......

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #6043 on: 01 May 2016, 10:32:28 pm »

NOOOOooooooooo

Yeah, picked up a set of wheels off ebay for £40, thought they were a bargain until I had them powder coated and a set of spacers to sit them under the arches, should have gone for a set of deep dished, may have worked out about the same price.......

They look great, I must say I prefer steelys to alloys I used to have Fords with the Steel Rostyles, loved the look of them. Ahhh! my old Mk1 Lotus Cortina. Would be worth a shed load of money now.

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #6044 on: 01 May 2016, 11:11:10 pm »
Has this thread turned into " what did you do with whatever else you've got"? :)

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #6045 on: 01 May 2016, 11:17:16 pm »
Has this thread turned into " what did you do with whatever else you've got"? :)
e

Oops  :stop

markie_wales

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - KTM 950 SuperEnduro
    • View Profile
« Reply #6046 on: 02 May 2016, 08:47:15 am »
Always like to know how far my bikes go once the light comes on so strapped a 5l can of Shell's finest to the back and went for a spin. 49 miles from light to dry, 227 miles from brimmed to dry. That's around 49mpg. That'll do pig, that'll do.

My KTM 950 SuperEnduro with a Safari tanks does over 55 from the light which is the biggest reserve I've ever had. Don't really care how far, but do like to know.

Cheers

Markie

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #6047 on: 02 May 2016, 10:43:28 am »
Always like to know how far my bikes go once the light comes on so strapped a 5l can of Shell's finest to the back and went for a spin. 49 miles from light to dry, 227 miles from brimmed to dry. That's around 49mpg. That'll do pig, that'll do.

My KTM 950 SuperEnduro with a Safari tanks does over 55 from the light which is the biggest reserve I've ever had. Don't really care how far, but do like to know.

Cheers

Markie

I'm gunna try that

sinto

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #6048 on: 02 May 2016, 11:06:14 am »

Cheers

Markie

I'm gunna try that

Or you might want to just read this?
http://foc-u.co.uk/index.php/topic,18962.msg219537.html#msg219537
Colin
----------------------
Ride fast, ride a red bike :-)

markie_wales

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - KTM 950 SuperEnduro
    • View Profile
« Reply #6049 on: 02 May 2016, 04:17:16 pm »
No bike / rider / riding style is the same. So I just like to know, what "I" get, even with different states of tune / wear / bend in the float rod  etc things will be different. I honestly don't care what the mpg / distance to dry actually is, but I want to know if I need to look for petrol "now" or I can ride home and then to work tomorrow :) I can't see myself ever working out mpg again!

Cheers

Markie