Date: 27-04-24  Time: 16:20 pm

Author Topic: what did you do with your fazer today ?  (Read 1605150 times)

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Re: what did you do with your fazer today ?
« Reply #5650 on: 25 February 2016, 05:38:42 pm »
Is your fazer powered by water
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

celticdog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #5651 on: 25 February 2016, 06:26:21 pm »
Dropped the foccer in a petrol garage forecourt- early morning cold, full of petrol taking her off the main stand etc.
Anyway  :o the result is a broken pattern mirror, could have bee worse  :)
Treat everything in life the way a dog would- if you can't eat it or foc it, forget it.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #5652 on: 25 February 2016, 08:05:01 pm »
Bummer- I never take it off the main stand whilst standing by its side, I always do it sitting on the bike.
And when I fill up I put the side stand down (so I don't forget that it ant down) and then I fill up whilst sitting on the bike.
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

esetest

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MotoguzziV7racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5653 on: 25 February 2016, 08:45:00 pm »
Taxed it .

celticdog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #5654 on: 25 February 2016, 08:48:46 pm »
Bummer- I never take it off the main stand whilst standing by its side, I always do it sitting on the bike.
And when I fill up I put the side stand down (so I don't forget that it ant down) and then I fill up whilst sitting on the bike.

That's good advice indeed fazersharp!  :thumbup
Treat everything in life the way a dog would- if you can't eat it or foc it, forget it.

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #5655 on: 26 February 2016, 11:46:43 pm »
Yesterday Thursday. Got my Fox-eye Fazer FZS 600 out of garage as its been tucked away for last 10 weeks, bit damp in there, condensation on the corrugated asbestos roofing sheets. Slight amount of mildew on rubber parts and seat. (Like a slight bloom)
Bike was given a full service before being tucked away, all the usual stuff, oil and filter, air filter, drained flushed and refilled cooling system with deionised water and red antifreeze, Drained down and new brake fluid to both brake systems, new plugs. Chain cleaned adjusted and lubed, Washed and polished.

So I proudly swung the garage doors open to reveal my beloved to the world, swung my leg over the beauty, keys in the ignition, choke lever to the start posi........... Fuck it!!!  choke cable broke. Back indoors on eBay new cable £9.95 free postage. Jobs a Gudun. Choke cable arrived in less than 22 hours, great service. Fitted new today cable and did a wipe down/clean with a WD rag under the tank and frame work, gave the electrical connections and wiring a blast of WD, tank and seat back on,  :groan [size=78%] tank and seat back off, connect the fuel gauge connector and tank and seat back on again, I know how to do that now. Choke lever to start position one short dab of the starter button and my beloved burst into song. Washed and shampoed her and got the mildew bloom off. When the for a quick blast about 6 miles only as it was starting to get dark (no I'm not scared of the dark, it's the boggeyman) tomorrow I will polish it again and break out the autosol for the peg hangers and and exhaust pipes and can. Will post a piccy or three when polished. Love that Fazer. Why the foc has the font gone smaller?[/size]

Dave48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-07 Tracer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5656 on: 27 February 2016, 08:51:13 am »
Yesterday bought 12 months VED ready for Tuesday 1st March. Arranged insurance cover earlier in week with Bennetts for a good price.
Ran out of  metal polish so bought tube of Solvol Autosol. Lay under bike & cleaned down pipes & collector box. Bike all ready for St Davids Day :lol

celticdog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #5657 on: 27 February 2016, 02:41:16 pm »
She's been sounding a bit rough of late, been putting it down to the cold weather so decided to give the air filter and box a bit of a clean- just as well, it's surprising how much crap had accumulated with winter riding.  :rollin :rollin :rollin

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #5658 on: 27 February 2016, 08:06:03 pm »
Yesterday Thursday. Got my Fox-eye Fazer FZS 600 out of garage as its been tucked away for last 10 weeks, bit damp in there, condensation on the corrugated asbestos roofing sheets. Slight amount of mildew on rubber parts and seat. (Like a slight bloom)
Bike was given a full service before being tucked away, all the usual stuff, oil and filter, air filter, drained flushed and refilled cooling system with deionised water and red antifreeze, Drained down and new brake fluid to both brake systems, new plugs. Chain cleaned adjusted and lubed, Washed and polished.

So I proudly swung the garage doors open to reveal my beloved to the world, swung my leg over the beauty, keys in the ignition, choke lever to the start posi........... Fuck it!!!  choke cable broke. Back indoors on eBay new cable £9.95 free postage. Jobs a Gudun. Choke cable arrived in less than 22 hours, great service. Fitted new today cable and did a wipe down/clean with a WD rag under the tank and frame work, gave the electrical connections and wiring a blast of WD, tank and seat back on,  :groan [size=78%] tank and seat back off, connect the fuel gauge connector and tank and seat back on again, I know how to do that now. Choke lever to start position one short dab of the starter button and my beloved burst into song. Washed and shampoed her and got the mildew bloom off. When the for a quick blast about 6 miles only as it was starting to get dark (no I'm not scared of the dark, it's the boggeyman) tomorrow I will polish it again and break out the autosol for the peg hangers and and exhaust pipes and can. Will post a piccy or three when polished. Love that Fazer. [/size]

Saturday 12th. Spent 3 hours with Autosol metal polish plus Auto Glym car wax and Auto Glym exterior plastic cleaner/polish. Went out for a blast locally, so damn cold though but nice clear day.

JoeRock

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #5659 on: 27 February 2016, 11:46:26 pm »
Is your fazer powered by water

Lovely looking pair of bikes there!

Billy Balthorpe

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - 2 X 1987 fzr1000's, VN800
    • View Profile
« Reply #5660 on: 28 February 2016, 12:41:56 am »
Part exchanged it. Actually felt quite sad. It was a brilliant bike that I have enjoyed owning and working on for 3 1/2 years. Still, I get to play on this now and I think I love it already  :)

More grunt than a rutting sperm whale! Has it got the daft (in this installation) rotary damper removed and a decent replacement shock/damper installed? Ive always fancied one of these, the bike that made Hoss Elm eat his hat when it made more power than a 916.

dickturpin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5661 on: 28 February 2016, 08:33:46 am »
Acquired a new bike camping tent for the better weather...after lots of searching settled for a Coleman Caucasus 3....really impressed by pack size etc. Google it or look here.   http://www.obicampingandleisure.co.uk/coleman-caucasus-3-new-for-2015/
D

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600,CB400/4,X7,CB250
    • View Profile
« Reply #5662 on: 28 February 2016, 02:35:51 pm »
Took the 600 for a 20 mile bimble round bucks.bright but chilly....good to get out  :)
One, is never going to be enough.....

ChristoT

• Alleged Foc-u Daphnis & Chloe expert
  • GP Hero
  • Fluent in English, French and bullshit!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Saab 9-3, caravan, hang glider
    • View Profile
« Reply #5663 on: 28 February 2016, 05:24:32 pm »
Fixed the rough running (well, improved it) by swapping my spark plugs. Deefer is right, Iridiums are shite!
The Deef's apprentice

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #5664 on: 28 February 2016, 05:32:40 pm »
Fixed the rough running (well, improved it) by swapping my spark plugs. Deefer is right, Iridiums are shite!

Worn plugs of any type are shite.  :rolleyes

Been using them NGK Iridium for years in cars and bikes without problems.

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #5665 on: 28 February 2016, 05:33:51 pm »
Went down to Loomies Cafe this afternoon on my 600 FZS for a short run and a cup of their delicious tea, saw the bike in these pictures that belongs to Hayley Piper, its a smart looking Honda CB 1300, it is a bike that is obviously loved. Definitely a Females motorcycle though.
I noticed that Haley even hung onto an old tax disk so that the disk on display although well out of date was pink just like her Honda, pink bar weights, pink rear springs.
Great to see your bike Hayley,  :D [size=78%]  [/size]

Freck

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Triumph Daytona 955, BMW R9T
    • View Profile
« Reply #5666 on: 28 February 2016, 05:45:43 pm »
Went down to Loomies Cafe this afternoon on my 600 FZS for a short run and a cup of their delicious tea, saw the bike in these pictures that belongs to Hayley Piper, its a smart looking Honda CB 1300, it is a bike that is obviously loved. Definitely a Females motorcycle though.
I noticed that Haley even hung onto an old tax disk so that the disk on display although well out of date was pink just like her Honda, pink bar weights, pink rear springs.
Great to see your bike Hayley,  :D [size=78%]  [/size]

Aaaarrrgghh, my eyes!  :eek 

unfazed

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #5667 on: 28 February 2016, 05:47:51 pm »
Obviously likes pink  :lol

unfazed

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #5668 on: 28 February 2016, 06:01:45 pm »
Getting stuck in sorting the incorrectly wired Meta Cat 1 Alarm on Downeys 1000.
What a foc up. alarm not even fused, wrong circuits wired through the alarm relays.  :rolleyes
Led at the rear when it needs to be at the front to allow switching off the alarm with the code if fob is lost or fails. :rolleyes

Some fellows should never be allowed near a wiring harness  :eek

Almost sorted :)
« Last Edit: 28 February 2016, 06:02:22 pm by unfazed »

unfazed

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #5669 on: 28 February 2016, 06:10:33 pm »
Went for a 100 mile spin today with a friend on 1200GS, (his first time out since October) and my first decent fast run since fitting the Metzler Sportec M7RRs and Wilber fork springs.

One word "planted" awesome feedback and grip on high speed corners. :)

A further 2 clicks to hard on the rebound for the return journey improved it even more  :thumbup

« Last Edit: 28 February 2016, 06:15:32 pm by unfazed »

Yamazer-92

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TL1000S
    • View Profile
« Reply #5670 on: 28 February 2016, 08:51:44 pm »

More grunt than a rutting sperm whale! Has it got the daft (in this installation) rotary damper removed and a decent replacement shock/damper installed? Ive always fancied one of these, the bike that made Hoss Elm eat his hat when it made more power than a 916.

Grunt is most definitely the correct word! No it doesn't have the rotary damper thankfully as I heard that is what gave them their dodgy handling reputation, it has a hagon shock installed with the stock spring and to me it feels brilliant. You can get an ohlins unit which does the same thing, or remove the original spring all together and fit a bitubo unit which is a new spring and shock combo I believe. To be honest, the handling is excellent so far so I will stick with the hagon. I would truly recommend this bike, everything I read about them was a bit off putting but actually riding and now owning one you make your own opinion and my opinion is it's an excellent and extremely fun bike. The sound alone is phenomenal, cant help smiling like a mug every time I blip the throttle or give it some beans. At legal speeds there's so much torque you can just float along in top gear and roll on overtake when you like. Hold on and give it some proper throttle and it really does go! I would say though, the twin power delivery does take some getting used to after my Fazer. There's no sudden woosh of power, it's just a constant linear wave which has you looking at the speedo going "wow really?!". I think a well sorted FZS 1000 would probably have it in a drag race, it would be close. It doesn't feel LOADS quicker than my Fazer 6 top end wise but off the line it utterly shunts you and would leave the Fazer standing, no contest for roll on in top either. In normal riding, I actually managed 100 miles on £10 before the light came on as well (though does utterly tan through fuel if you are hooning it)! The one thing it trumps the Fazers on for me is fun factor and character. Yes, a Fazer 1000 is probably a better bike all round and depending on the track maybe quicker. But the TL is the kind of bike you get off after every ride with a huge grin which for me is what biking is about!

esetest

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MotoguzziV7racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5671 on: 29 February 2016, 10:44:32 am »
Ordered replacement sparkplugs .

Red Ceri

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - 1260S MTS, Le Mans II, RD250C
    • View Profile
« Reply #5672 on: 29 February 2016, 06:59:16 pm »
Taxed her and bought my ticket for the Bol D'or in September, last time I went was 1983 on my Guzzi Le Mans II, can't wait

esetest

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MotoguzziV7racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5673 on: 29 February 2016, 09:42:26 pm »
Rode it to work and back , it was foccin freezing this  morning .

Red Ceri

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - 1260S MTS, Le Mans II, RD250C
    • View Profile
« Reply #5674 on: 01 March 2016, 04:37:11 pm »
With the tours I'm doing this year, Scottish Highlands, Alps and Bol d'or, and as I've got no intention of sell the old girl,  decided to bite the bullet and get the R1 Forks serviced, re-valved and a set-up at MCT,Booked in for the 31st march.

Quoted 445 +vat but changing the bike for a new one would cost more than that.  to help pay might sell the original forks pretty good condition with about 25k on them.