Date: 27-04-24  Time: 16:20 pm

Author Topic: what did you do with your fazer today ?  (Read 1605150 times)

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: what did you do with your fazer today ?
« Reply #5450 on: 19 December 2015, 08:17:21 pm »

If you find yourself up near Inverness you've got to take the road to Fort William, follows the contours of Loch Ness, blinding road.

I've been up as far as the turn-off by Loch Garry for Glen Shiel a couple of times in the past, but not further towards Ness. All in good time  :)

downey

• WSB Pack Hound
  • loving the new ivanised beast
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5451 on: 19 December 2015, 11:12:19 pm »
class shots you got hedgetrimmer,good on ya for being brave with those floods ,,i took a chance myself last week and wrote off me dads jeep  :'( ,,and i agree the road from inverness to fort william is good but the road from fort william to lochgilphead is better then again the road from lochgilphead to arrocher is better again aghh i miss the highlands gotta get back this summer for a blast
please god let the sun keep shining

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600,CB400/4,X7,CB250
    • View Profile
« Reply #5452 on: 20 December 2015, 08:49:45 am »
Good reply hedge :)

Nice roads and the A72 that runs along the bottom of that triangle is great too :)

If you find yourself up near Inverness you've got to take the road to Fort William, follows the contours of Loch Ness, blinding road.

that will be the A82 mr bloggs,rode it back in 2013.turned right half way down onto the A887 then A87 to skye,missed out on applecross as short on time,skye well worth a visit,back to mainland via the ardvasar/mallaig ferry great view of the mainland...another excellent road,the A830, from mallaig back to fort william.camped at glen nevis that night,great site,missed ESETEST by one night  :lol ...........will be back there next year weather permitting  ;) [size=78%]   [/size]
One, is never going to be enough.....

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5453 on: 20 December 2015, 08:53:51 am »

I've been up as far as the turn-off by Loch Garry for Glen Shiel a couple of times in the past, but not further towards Ness. All in good time  :)

nice pics mr trimmer  :thumbup ...well done for keeping the biking theme going on this BIKING FORUM  :rolleyes :rolleyes [size=78%] [/size] :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes ......... :lol
off out shortly.see if i can get some BIKING piccies of my own to post  ;) [/size][size=78%] [/size]

joebloggs

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - ZX9RE1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5454 on: 20 December 2015, 10:23:57 am »

that will be the A82 mr bloggs,rode it back in 2013.turned right half way down onto the A887 then A87 to skye,missed out on applecross as short on time,skye well worth a visit,back to mainland via the ardvasar/mallaig ferry great view of the mainland...another excellent road,the A830, from mallaig back to fort william.camped at glen nevis that night,great site,missed ESETEST by one night  :lol ...........will be back there next year weather permitting  ;) [size=78%]   [/size]

I was doing the J Ogroats to Lands End so only in Scotland for two days, didn't get to check out any other roads but the A82 was the only memorable piece of tarmac for me. Was on my 9 and went hell for leather down there, passed about 30 Harley riders in about four corners, don't think they would have been very happy with my overtaking, underneath, round the outside, far to aggressive but they were never going to catch me.
Would be worth looking up Skycat and Kamchat on the MCN forum, they seem to arrange some very popular ride outs in Scotland.
« Last Edit: 20 December 2015, 10:24:50 am by joebloggs »
Complete fabrication, I didn't make it up!

esetest

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MotoguzziV7racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5455 on: 20 December 2015, 01:13:11 pm »
Had to clean it due to it looking like a dirt bike after Thursday's ride , washed it , chamoised it , used silicone  bike shine on the plastics , GT'85 on the metal bits and the chain , metal polish on the down pipes and the link pipe , took the battery back off .

dickturpin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5456 on: 20 December 2015, 01:20:05 pm »
Good shots Nick...that's one of my favourite circuits round by Honister mine....also like the back road through Portinscale to Grange

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5457 on: 20 December 2015, 01:38:18 pm »
Took advantage of the mi.ld weather and took a bimble round oxfordshire, from high wycombe to stokenchurch, testworth, oxford , brekkie at burger van just west of cassington, whitney, brize norton, abingdon, dorchester and "H"s cafe for tea, shillingford bridge hotel for toasted sarnie, not keen on food at "H"s, onto henley, marlow and back to high wycombe, a good mornings ride 105 ish miles.....a bonus at this time of year  :thumbup
« Last Edit: 20 December 2015, 01:40:52 pm by red98 »

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5458 on: 20 December 2015, 01:42:08 pm »

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5459 on: 20 December 2015, 01:52:18 pm »
Took advantage of the mi.ld weather and took a bimble round oxfordshire, from high wycombe to stokenchurch, testworth, oxford , brekkie at burger van just west of cassington, whitney, brize norton, abingdon, dorchester and "H"s cafe for tea, shillingford bridge hotel for toasted sarnie, not keen on food at "H"s, onto henley, marlow and back to high wycombe, a good mornings ride 105 ish miles.....a bonus at this time of year  :thumbup

Ah, the old hunting ground  :lol

Us old uns still show the younger folk the way...gotta get out when the weather permits  :)

Had some nice sunshine here today, but the wind has been howling with some heavy showers, so just a relaxing Sunday indoors for me today. If the wind is like this here, what will it be like among the hills?!  :eek

Dick, we'll have to get together for a spin some time  :thumbup

mickvp

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5460 on: 20 December 2015, 02:01:46 pm »

If the wind is like this here, what will it be like among the hills?!  :eek

Unsurprisingly, it's bloody windy :rollin

Dog has been hiding behind the couch all day because of it, big Jessie that he is :lol

My cover had partially blown off last night (forgot to clip the bit that goes underneath), so j washed and ACF-50'd the fazed today.

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5461 on: 20 December 2015, 02:16:20 pm »

If the wind is like this here, what will it be like among the hills?!  :eek

Unsurprisingly, it's bloody windy :rollin

Never!  :lol

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5462 on: 20 December 2015, 02:28:41 pm »
Nick, took a bimble round carterton and past your old shop.you going to start another in carlisle ? With a small change to the name I think it will work... ;)

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5463 on: 20 December 2015, 04:30:23 pm »
Nick, took a bimble round carterton and past your old shop.you going to start another in carlisle ? With a small change to the name I think it will work... ;)

No one in their right mind intentionally takes a bimble round Carterton - the one good thing about the place? Four roads out  :lol

Paul, I trim hedges, not hair  ;) ;)  And even that not to order - can only get creative when the mood is on me  :lol

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5464 on: 20 December 2015, 04:45:11 pm »
You cant tell me that this isnt your old shop......... :lol
« Last Edit: 20 December 2015, 04:46:07 pm by red98 »

stevie-g1968

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #5465 on: 20 December 2015, 04:47:54 pm »
started it , reved the nuts of it to warm it up a bit.. then watched it rain so put it away again... if its dry n mild over the crimbo week, I'm gonna get out on it if your around paul ?
FOCing down under.......dodging vacant Skippy's.

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5466 on: 20 December 2015, 04:49:25 pm »
You cant tell me that this isnt your old shop......... :lol

Ha bloody ha  :rolleyes

They're just describing Toon Town.

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5467 on: 20 December 2015, 04:57:49 pm »
  :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin....... 105 miles to get that piccie, worth every mile  :lol

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #5468 on: 20 December 2015, 05:15:03 pm »
Took a wander to West Cork with Downey to have the last supper in the Motorcycle grill as it is closing it doors for good this evening.
Great crowd, showing great support for a very popular cafe.

Stopped off at the birthplace of Henry Fords ould lad.

Downey in the Model T hot seat "The sky is the limit"  :lol

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #5469 on: 20 December 2015, 05:17:25 pm »
Here he is again pondering on if the Model T is faster than his ould Ivanised yolk  :lol

limax2

• Creep.
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #5470 on: 20 December 2015, 05:45:11 pm »

The higher hill tops lost in clag, and looking pretty threatening. But sod it, I'd come this far, I'll press on. So through Seatoller and the climb up to the Honister pass. Looking back:

And this is what it looks like in summer.

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5471 on: 20 December 2015, 08:04:42 pm »

The higher hill tops lost in clag, and looking pretty threatening. But sod it, I'd come this far, I'll press on. So through Seatoller and the climb up to the Honister pass. Looking back:

And this is what it looks like in summer.

And this was it in sunny weather in September:

:lol

dickturpin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5472 on: 20 December 2015, 08:15:37 pm »

Ah, the old hunting ground  :lol

Us old uns still show the younger folk the way...gotta get out when the weather permits  :)

Had some nice sunshine here today, but the wind has been howling with some heavy showers, so just a relaxing Sunday indoors for me today. If the wind is like this here, what will it be like among the hills?!  :eek

Yes, but I have two hours over the A66 to get to you so maybe springtime when temps have picked up a bit?

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5473 on: 20 December 2015, 08:27:56 pm »

Yes, but I have two hours over the A66 to get to you so maybe springtime when temps have picked up a bit?

That's what I meant, next spring perhaps. Maybe I could pop down your way sometime too, and you show me around the North York Moors. I've got a lot of exploring to do now I'm up here  :)

dickturpin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5474 on: 20 December 2015, 08:33:01 pm »

That's what I meant, next spring perhaps. Maybe I could pop down your way sometime too, and you show me around the North York Moors. I've got a lot of exploring to do now I'm up here  :)

Ok...sounds like a plan....sure I can show you some memorable routes in this area. :)