Date: 27-04-24  Time: 15:22 pm

Author Topic: what did you do with your fazer today ?  (Read 1605096 times)

Robbie8666

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Triumph NightStorm
    • View Profile
    • RNVMCC
Re: what did you do with your fazer today ?
« Reply #3625 on: 27 November 2014, 10:05:43 am »
fired her up last night & rode into work this morning.. not sure whether its my new boots or what but back brake didn't seem to be working so was riding very gingerly. gonna get one of blokes i work with to take it out at lunchtime to see if it just me or the bike!

what ever the problem with rear brakes was it gone as took her for a spin at lunchtime and they all good now.. I'm putting it down to rider error and the fact I'm wearing different pair of boots today and feet may have been resting differently on pegs!!
« Last Edit: 27 November 2014, 02:29:09 pm by Robbie8666 »
It ain't what you ride, it's who you ride with!!!

pilgo

• Club Racer
  • wyrd bio ful araed
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT 09 TRACER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3626 on: 27 November 2014, 02:22:24 pm »
put the battery back on and checked the tyre pressures before my bimble up to the NEC tomorow for the bike show

13 degree's,dry and mild at the end of november-bloody global warming eh ?!   8)

Dead Eye

• GP Hero
  • What doesn't kill me, will only make me stronger.
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #3627 on: 27 November 2014, 02:36:24 pm »
I'll give you mild, but it certainly hasn't been dry in my neck of the woods recently...

Definitely having to be more cautious on the roads as they seem rather greasy at the moment...

slimwilly

• GP Hero
  • I love to ride them hills
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3628 on: 27 November 2014, 06:44:16 pm »
put the battery back on and checked the tyre pressures before my bimble up to the NEC tomorow for the bike show

13 degree's,dry and mild at the end of november-bloody global warming eh ?!   8)

Only 8 degrees here in the west midlands today
An ageing test pilot for home grown widgets that may fail at anytime.

hairnet

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #3629 on: 27 November 2014, 10:32:22 pm »
was gonna ride to hull get ferry then ride to zandvoort for a trackday

they wont let bikes on so will have to go in the car

ferry is 100 quid return inc cabin so with 4 sesions at 25 euros a pop - still cheaper than silverstone or oulton here :D

will ride for food.....

Nebuchernezzer

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Ktm250exc
    • View Profile
« Reply #3630 on: 28 November 2014, 04:58:44 am »
Rode my fazer through this storm yesterday....riding in hail is fun...i go down that road at the bottom of shot to and from work...didn't quite make it home before it hit sadly...

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3631 on: 28 November 2014, 01:17:42 pm »
Replaced the bent fairing/reg-rect bracket (cheers b1k3rdude  :thumbup ). Everything now looks as if it's aligned pretty well, though no doubt it'll all buzz like hell. Closer inspection of the main damage on the fairing is starting to lead me to believe it's something I could fix myself if I'm not worried about having a perfect job. The cracks can be closed quite neatly with just a little pressure, and no chunks have broken off. I'd be more interested in a proper repair if it wasn't for the cost of fresh paintwork, but I reckon I could get it looking "reasonable" by just touching it in after repair, assuming I can find a half decent colour match.

Seat was sticking a little on the catches where it took a bash on the tail unit, but a little selective bashing of a slightly bent lug seems to have solved that issue.

MarkWales

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #3632 on: 28 November 2014, 04:46:07 pm »
Put the Battery back on and started her up - also checked oil levels and tyre pressures in readiness for a trip to the NEC in the morning.

slimwilly

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3633 on: 28 November 2014, 04:55:37 pm »
Replaced the bent fairing/reg-rect bracket (cheers b1k3rdude  :thumbup ). Everything now looks as if it's aligned pretty well, though no doubt it'll all buzz like hell. Closer inspection of the main damage on the fairing is starting to lead me to believe it's something I could fix myself if I'm not worried about having a perfect job. The cracks can be closed quite neatly with just a little pressure, and no chunks have broken off. I'd be more interested in a proper repair if it wasn't for the cost of fresh paintwork, but I reckon I could get it looking "reasonable" by just touching it in after repair, assuming I can find a half decent colour match.

Seat was sticking a little on the catches where it took a bash on the tail unit, but a little selective bashing of a slightly bent lug seems to have solved that issue.

Thats good Nick..we may be able to repeat our |GLoucester Cheddear trip this December again

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3634 on: 28 November 2014, 05:33:20 pm »
Well, it's SORN'd at the moment Bill, but can soon change that when I'm fit enough to ride again. I hope we get some decent weather through the winter months, maybe get in a couple of decent rides.

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3635 on: 29 November 2014, 03:06:04 pm »
Gave it a thorough wash and polish. Can now get my knee bent far enough to get my foot on the rest, but it's pretty uncomfortable still, so a few more days yet before I can ride it. Will tax it on Monday so it's all good to go though.

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600,CB400/4,X7,CB250
    • View Profile
« Reply #3636 on: 29 November 2014, 04:01:16 pm »
Good to hear your making progress nick   :thumbup

me....took a short bimble on the thou to see mumsy....not in so only one thing to do.....down to the local yam dealer and have a look at the MT range.....first impressions after sitting on both, small and light, did'nt realise the 07 was a twin cylinder........really did like the flat tracker MT09..this one had an aftermarket exhaust for a wapping £1300 extra  :eek
One, is never going to be enough.....

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
« Reply #3637 on: 29 November 2014, 04:18:33 pm »
Yes,  good to hear you're on the mend Nick.
Fitted the handguards back on to keepy little pinkie's warm and the New seat to stop my arse going numb,  feels a lot firmer.  I like it but with the extra padding I'm having to think more about the camber of the ground when I stop. ( short arse syndrome).
Then had a soul lifting rideout in the glorious winter sun.
Ahhh,  that feels better.  :)

esetest

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MotoguzziV7racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3638 on: 29 November 2014, 05:02:43 pm »
Went for a 30 mile ride around Bristol , to test the brakes and rear wheel , .

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3639 on: 29 November 2014, 05:15:26 pm »
Good to hear your making progress nick   :thumbup

Yes,  good to hear you're on the mend Nick.

Thanks peeps   :)

MT09..this one had an aftermarket exhaust for a wapping £1300 extra  :eek

WTF?! Full system I take it? What make?

I was itching to get out on the bike today. First decent riding day we've had for a while. Was very tempted to tax it today and try it, but good sense prevailed.

Was in my local car and bike accessories shop yesterday. They have an immaculate Street Triple for sale (belongs to a customer, they don't actually do full bike sales) at £5950. Was very tempted by that too. Money trying to burn a hole in my bank account  :b  Have to remember what it's for though, unless I want to live in a tent for the rest of my life  :(

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3640 on: 29 November 2014, 06:47:22 pm »
That was for full system nick, cant remember make but it was one of the top ones...I was offered test rides on both the 7 and 9 but didnt have time today......the 7 is bike of the year so that will be interesting, a twin cylinder 700c but the sales guy who ive known for a few years said I would'nt notice riding it.....sitting on both the 9 was a bit uncomfortable for me, very narrow seat, the 7 was better, cant see either being good for touring....looking forward to a test ride....

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3641 on: 29 November 2014, 08:00:28 pm »
That was for full system nick, cant remember make but it was one of the top ones...I was offered test rides on both the 7 and 9 but didnt have time today......the 7 is bike of the year so that will be interesting, a twin cylinder 700c but the sales guy who ive known for a few years said I would'nt notice riding it.....sitting on both the 9 was a bit uncomfortable for me, very narrow seat, the 7 was better, cant see either being good for touring....looking forward to a test ride....

Music to my ears Red and everything i hear about the 7 is the same about how awesome it is.

But lets face it....the 09 has more street cred and looks a little bit better although neither are pretty bikes really.

Now that ive disounted selling a kidney on Apage's advice due to the fact i drink too foccing much well i reckon that through all the hard work that i have done over the years and all the hard work i continue to do and by all accounts the zero actual holidays i've had over the last 15 years...going to scotland to visit the parents doesnt count as a holiday really and skiing in Bavaria also doesnt count coz that was subsidised by the army........& the fact that my clothes all come from TK max or sports world.......

Well anyway you get the point......i reckon that maybe its not too much to ask that little young me could dispose of say £100 a month for 3 years to own a nice pukka bling new bike eh..........lets say i forget about life insurance for another 3 years and also that ill have a micro nog in january.......i know folk on the dole that have kids & they spen £100 a month on smokes & drugs & sky TV so why the fuck shouldnt i enjoy something....

I digress again :lol ........but £100 a month basically means that by next summer i could chop in the FZ & get an MT07 easily peasily.........or if i somehow save up say 2k too then i could have a mighty MT09.......& 3 years later ill be sat here having paid off my trusty Skoda, my shiny new MT......plus have a 3 year Pride and joy.....& a kid to look after ;)
« Last Edit: 29 November 2014, 08:05:10 pm by noggythenog »
Easiest way to go fast........don't buy a blue bike

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3642 on: 29 November 2014, 08:44:24 pm »
Not going to read back through your posts noggy, iam 52 and just dont have the time  :lol....have you test ridden any of them yet ?.....from what the salesman was saying today the 7 is the better buy and at £5400  ( I think  :o ) sounds like a bargain.....  cant see the point in paying out the extra for the nine, if gossips correct the 7 does it all.....bit like my old boxeye but not as fast....
« Last Edit: 29 November 2014, 08:46:40 pm by red98 »

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3643 on: 29 November 2014, 08:54:09 pm »
Xactly Red 8)

You got it back to front...believe it or not

They are 4500 new.

Oh yes

Boxeye of the future...without box eyes :b
Easiest way to go fast........don't buy a blue bike

slimwilly

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3644 on: 29 November 2014, 09:01:24 pm »
Noggy,,Red is the dyslexic partial sighted foccer on here,,,he's alright though,,bless him , the'yre doing bingo in his home about this time so he wont be on for a while :lol

Tonight i took the cover off the Fz1s, put trickle charger on for a while,,i'm gonna ride up to Coventry tomorrow and meet my mate,them car it to the NEC show.

Can size up the helmets and then order by post,,unless they can beat them online sellers.

See what other goodies are lurking at the show.

Looking forward to the ride .

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3645 on: 29 November 2014, 09:15:08 pm »
DOH wrong again  :o......iam in south bucks though noggy, where all the rich foccers live, parhaps the yam stealers round here have loaded the prices.....either that or iam a forgetfull old foccer.......what I do remember though, the 7's cheaper than the 9    :lol

NorthWestern

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3646 on: 29 November 2014, 09:21:56 pm »
Washed it ready for another week of rootin' tootin' commutin'
Intentionally left blank

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #3647 on: 29 November 2014, 10:33:18 pm »
Thought about going for a spin but it was a bit damp
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

taylor

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #3648 on: 29 November 2014, 10:43:13 pm »
gave it a good clean, then a blast around the local roads,70, some nob in a car pulled out in front of me,  back wheel in the air nearly my last post. :(
sent from my carafan in tenby, ;)

hairnet

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #3649 on: 30 November 2014, 12:46:57 pm »
Went to aldi
will ride for food.....