Date: 27-04-24  Time: 21:09 pm

Author Topic: what did you do with your fazer today ?  (Read 1605438 times)

Rexr

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: what did you do with your fazer today ?
« Reply #3475 on: 19 October 2014, 02:51:41 pm »
Up here in not so sunny Scotland winter comes around quicker than down south.........the other reason it's gone to bed now is that the tax is out......and I don't ride in the cold weather during this time of the yr...........I have no interest in riding in the cold today was 11 degrees, so far this yr I've done about 3.5k which is more than enough, I prefer to get back on the bike in the springtime with that new bike feeling for the first time..........like fook me I don't remember it being this quick....lol so there u go........it's a toy for the summer  :)

not just in scotland matey......the more fun we have on our bikes in the summer the quicker the winter comes  :\...weather has changed down here in the south, wet and damp, but not cold yet......iam going to see if I can get a few more days out this year   ;)

It don't bother me having to stop riding at the end of the summer as by then I'm bored with riding more or less the same routes over and over again............ :rolleyes so I have other things to be getting on with over the winter period in the springtime the fazer will have a service new C&S ready for the first ride of 2015.......but in the meantime I'm refurbing and rebuilding the mrs little cb500 so I'll not miss riding the fazer, infact I'll be glad of the rest... :)
Rexr.

Keep it simple......stupid..!!!

esetest

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MotoguzziV7racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3476 on: 19 October 2014, 04:49:37 pm »
Was hoping to go to Hoggin the bridge today , but only had a couple of spare hours , so went down to Cheddar instead . Looking forward to getting the bike ivanised on Thursday , hoping the Hurricane has finished by then .

pilgo

• Club Racer
  • wyrd bio ful araed
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT 09 TRACER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3477 on: 19 October 2014, 08:25:11 pm »
Was hoping to go to Hoggin the bridge today , but only had a couple of spare hours , so went down to Cheddar instead . Looking forward to getting the bike ivanised on Thursday , hoping the Hurricane has finished by then .

is your fazer black? and did you have someone riding behind you? if so,i saw ya coming down the Gorge as i was going up!!

had been to WSM for the beach race,but finding out it now costs £20 to get in i gave it a swerve,had a double flaked 99 and went for a bimble in the glorious sunshine,out of weston via Banwell to cheddar,up the Gorge to Green ore,turned right towards wells with that amazing view coming down off the mendips of the Avalon valley/Glastonbury Tor,headed towards shepton mallet through croscombe,got on the pilton road towards pyle,past the bath and west show ground and headed towards the A303,hopped onto the A37 then the road towards somerton/compton dundon, got fuel at Glastonbury and went home. cleaned the chain and re lubed it,in case thats my last ride of the year.

esetest

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MotoguzziV7racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3478 on: 19 October 2014, 09:04:00 pm »
Mine is black , there was a bike behind the car behind me though not with me , were you with another bike ,coming up through the Gorge ,  I thought one of them was a Fazer 

is your fazer black? and did you have someone riding behind you? if so,i saw ya coming down the Gorge as i was going up!!

had been to WSM for the beach race,but finding out it now costs £20 to get in i gave it a swerve,had a double flaked 99 and went for a bimble in the glorious sunshine,out of weston via Banwell to cheddar,up the Gorge to Green ore,turned right towards wells with that amazing view coming down off the mendips of the Avalon valley/Glastonbury Tor,headed towards shepton mallet through croscombe,got on the pilton road towards pyle,past the bath and west show ground and headed towards the A303,hopped onto the A37 then the road towards somerton/compton dundon, got fuel at Glastonbury and went home. cleaned the chain and re lubed it,in case thats my last ride of the year.

pilgo

• Club Racer
  • wyrd bio ful araed
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT 09 TRACER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3479 on: 19 October 2014, 10:38:20 pm »
Mine is black , there was a bike behind the car behind me though not with me , were you with another bike ,coming up through the Gorge ,  I thought one of them was a Fazer 

no,i was on my own-black boxeye,last corner as you hit the shops/buildings,if it was you you nodded !!  :lol

esetest

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MotoguzziV7racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3480 on: 20 October 2014, 12:56:42 pm »
I was on a black foxeye , and probably nodded , but getting forgetful in my old age  :'(

no,i was on my own-black boxeye,last corner as you hit the shops/buildings,if it was you you nodded !!  :lol

bri h

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3481 on: 20 October 2014, 05:33:05 pm »
gave it a good clean and acf,d it. thought about taking the tax disc holder off then realised i would have to clean behind it so ill do that next time. i got a bit extravagent with the acf and after using a cloth i had some on my hands, as soon as i put them in water a waxy film appeared so it does its job. on the other hand the first hint of soap and it was gone so we have to recoat our bikes if we use detergent'
a bird in the hand poops on the wrist

Dead Eye

• GP Hero
  • What doesn't kill me, will only make me stronger.
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #3482 on: 20 October 2014, 06:33:26 pm »
Decided to track down the fault with my heated grips as they haven't worked since I got the bike back after taking it off the road in May. After a lot of fiddling with cables and testing using a multimeter it appears that the relay has given up on life... I mean really... the relay...

It will be easy to replace, but it just wasn't the result I was expecting. Unfortunately, one of my crimps broke off with my heavy handedness so I need to fix that as well - I'd solder it on, but I have no power in my garage and I don't own a gas fuelled soldering iron :(

Dead Eye

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #3483 on: 24 October 2014, 04:56:56 pm »
Received my new Butane powered soldering iron and fixed the heated grips - as well as adding some additional protection to the wires in the form of shrink wrap. My hands were nice and toasty this morning on the way to work, albeit entirely pointless as its actually not too cold outside at the moment.

In other news, the thou ended up on its side yesterday evening after some muppet cage driver decided to ignore the rules of giving way at roundabouts. Thankfully no significant damage, both me and the bike are fine. It just has a slight scratch on the bar end, crash bung and exhaust - fairing and engine casings are perfectly intact and no marks on my helmet either.

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3484 on: 24 October 2014, 05:25:50 pm »
Received my new Butane powered soldering iron and fixed the heated grips - as well as adding some additional protection to the wires in the form of shrink wrap. My hands were nice and toasty this morning on the way to work, albeit entirely pointless as its actually not too cold outside at the moment.

In other news, the thou ended up on its side yesterday evening after some muppet cage driver decided to ignore the rules of giving way at roundabouts. Thankfully no significant damage, both me and the bike are fine. It just has a slight scratch on the bar end, crash bung and exhaust - fairing and engine casings are perfectly intact and no marks on my helmet either.

Infuriating - glad to hear you're ok, and no significant damage to the bike.

Are you to be trusted with anything flammable (butane), given your history?  :pokefun   :lol

Dead Eye

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #3485 on: 24 October 2014, 06:22:05 pm »
Yeah... you'd of thought they'd have a "do not sell to" poster with my face on it

Even more concerning is that I bought a butane powered camping stove to use in the kitchen since the electric hobs here are utter shite

So far so good though, nothing else burnt down yet. Plus I get my annual pyromaniacal release with bonfire night coming up ;)

helloindustries

• Weekend Warrior
  • #choochoomotherfucker
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - VFR800fi 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #3486 on: 25 October 2014, 01:03:50 am »
Today; I finally got the speedo mount shaped how i want it so that the instruments sit as neatly as i can get them.

It's now so snug that i don't even need bolts to hold the speedo on. Still used bolts, though...

stevierst

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XSR900
    • View Profile
« Reply #3487 on: 25 October 2014, 09:31:36 am »
Looks very neat! Just gave to use one key in the ignition. Any more will beat your clocks up.
Stop polishing it and ride the bloody thing!!

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600,CB400/4,X7,CB250
    • View Profile
« Reply #3488 on: 25 October 2014, 12:40:46 pm »
booked the 600 in for a mot...9.15 monday morning...
One, is never going to be enough.....

Jacko

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #3489 on: 26 October 2014, 02:27:59 pm »
Gave a quick clean and refitted belly pan with a view to selling.
Decided I still like it so keeping over winter and think again next March.
Sent from my pants - using talkingbollocks

helloindustries

• Weekend Warrior
  • #choochoomotherfucker
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - VFR800fi 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #3490 on: 26 October 2014, 04:23:05 pm »
Went out to Bruntingthorpe airfield to have a look around. From Central Leicester. Fun ride with friends who just got a ZZR.

pilgo

• Club Racer
  • wyrd bio ful araed
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT 09 TRACER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3491 on: 26 October 2014, 06:25:50 pm »
went out for a 'quick' ride out on my usual route and ended back at cheddar Gorge,didnt want to go home,so ended up heading to porlock hill,never seen so many bloody pheasants with a death wish !. then i remembered the clocks had gone back,so made a quick dash home via Tiverton and the boring M5-201 miles,great way to spend a few hours on the first day of winter!!

roll on spring  :)

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3492 on: 26 October 2014, 07:07:01 pm »
Bacon butty run to H's today, cos couldn't be arsed. Nothing of note there. Except a beautiful yellow and black gen 1 Fazer.

:rollin

Ahem.
Then went to J&S, Swindon. And had another bacon butty.

:b

Red kites in swarms on the way. Is it time to start shooting them again?  :lol

Looked at that GS1000 again in J&S, but decided if I have another old Jap air cooled thou, I think I'd prefer a Z1R. Remove the fairing, tune it, (turbo!  :b ) some other bits and bobs.

Pipedreams, it's all pipe dreams  :rolleyes

devilsyam

• GP Hero
  • Veteran fazer modder
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - streetfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3493 on: 26 October 2014, 08:26:47 pm »

SPENT 6 hours with bristol banger trying to get this to run now suspect a blocked fuel rail
got pissed off and frustrated and took the 06 out to purge the soul

www.Devilsyam.com (Fazerpedia)

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3494 on: 26 October 2014, 10:56:09 pm »

SPENT 6 hours with bristol banger trying to get this to run now suspect a blocked fuel rail
got pissed off and frustrated and took the 06 out to purge the soul

They look good with the Renthals........just what i need i reckon.

Out of interest what's your preferred method for getting a bit of bite on the bars with the switch gear?....looks nice and neat down there.
Easiest way to go fast........don't buy a blue bike

devilsyam

• GP Hero
  • Veteran fazer modder
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - streetfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3495 on: 26 October 2014, 11:09:39 pm »
i use 758's love em but you need lower risers - i grind off the nibs then were the switch gear goes 3 wraps of insulation tape and never had em move
www.Devilsyam.com (Fazerpedia)

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3496 on: 26 October 2014, 11:25:40 pm »
i use 758's love em but you need lower risers - i grind off the nibs then were the switch gear goes 3 wraps of insulation tape and never had em move

Cool, i had the 758's on my old bike and they were nice, i sold them :\ .......ill kid nyself they were the wrong colour for the thou.........[size=78%]i used double sided tape but i got the feeling it wasnt really needed so i might just try insulation tape.[/size]

The standard bars are total shite as i cant get leverage to properly countersteer without being lying on the tank.....if im remotely upright they are just hard work.

Cheers! :thumbup

helloindustries

• Weekend Warrior
  • #choochoomotherfucker
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - VFR800fi 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #3497 on: 26 October 2014, 11:50:17 pm »

Interesting solution. I had my Renthanls (748's i think) drilled to hold the switches, but i'm not 100% on the positioning.

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600,CB400/4,X7,CB250
    • View Profile
« Reply #3498 on: 27 October 2014, 10:36:02 am »
600 passed mot....never failed in 13 year of ownership.not even any advisories  ... :D
One, is never going to be enough.....

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3499 on: 27 October 2014, 11:10:02 am »
600 passed mot....never failed in 13 year of ownership.not even any advisories  ... :D

Defo future classic material red 8) .............& the bike :b