Date: 28-04-24  Time: 09:32 am

Author Topic: what did you do with your fazer today ?  (Read 1606169 times)

chunk166

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Mountain bike
    • View Profile
Re: what did you do with your fazer today ?
« Reply #3250 on: 14 August 2014, 10:16:54 pm »
Tightened the chain, dropped the forks through the yokes by 10mm & adjusted the shock to make it a bit softer as i have now lost nearly 2 1/2 stones in weight  :D :D :D

Ray

pilgo

• Club Racer
  • wyrd bio ful araed
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT 09 TRACER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3251 on: 14 August 2014, 10:32:43 pm »
went to weston bike night in the pissing rain to pick up my new seat from dave at digger custom m/cycle seats.

phoned him yesterday to organise getting my seat done,and he'd just finished doing a 600 boxeye seat,so put first dibs on it and picked it up today.

great work,he puts extra padding in which raise's the seat slightly,and he puts a firmer bumstop in the seat to keep you in place.

he will be doing another couple of 600 fazer seats soon,only takes 4 hours to do apparantly (he's been doing em for 30 years so he should know what he's doing by now!)_ so if you like the look of them,give him a bell. and he still has the gen 1 thou seat that i put in the 'for sale' bit a few weeeks ago.

cost now is £130 plus £15  posted with parcelforce 48

« Last Edit: 14 August 2014, 10:34:54 pm by pilgo »

Ten2Ten

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3252 on: 14 August 2014, 11:10:27 pm »
That is a fine looking Fazer 'Brooker81'

brooker81

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - Busa,Fzs600,
    • View Profile
« Reply #3253 on: 14 August 2014, 11:27:08 pm »
Thanks ten2ten. I love it just to get it dyno'd see what it's producing it's gotta be near the 150 rear wheel bhp.

NorthWestern

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3254 on: 16 August 2014, 05:39:32 pm »
Replaced the Dunlop q2 rear with a Michelin pr3. Topped up the oil with 15/50  fully synthetic.
Intentionally left blank

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3255 on: 16 August 2014, 05:55:05 pm »

Typical noggy day really.

Intended on doing mega miles....ended up doing only 200.

In the arse end of nowhere in North Wales my gear shifter decided to disconnect itself at the engine spline pivot......no houses nearby....no mobile phone signal :( ....pic number 4 is the breakdown site.

Bodged it on enough to select 3rd gear and then i made it to just outside of Coris.....still no signal so i walked to Coris where the very helpful folk at the steam railway said that if i could freewheel my bike another 500 yards down the main road the train mechanics might be able to help me out.....so i did......& they got me home 8)

Turns out the receiver end by by the splines where the allen bolt goes into was all mushed and the bolt must have worked its way out......they re tapped it enough for the bolt to go all the way in again and tightened it up.

Not wanting to tempt fate i made a beeline for home and i've just noticed that it has worked loose again so i just made it home in the nick of time.

Ill be ordering a new spline and bolt unless i have my old one off the 600 still kicking around.

A couple pics but i never got to the places i intended on exploring......glad to be home in one piece. :)
« Last Edit: 16 August 2014, 05:57:20 pm by noggythenog »
Easiest way to go fast........don't buy a blue bike

Skippernick

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #3256 on: 16 August 2014, 06:15:21 pm »
Went to Bristol Bike show, bumped into crisp nick again! and devilsyam.
I think nick has a tracker on my bike.
Red Heads - Slowly taking over the world!!!

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3257 on: 16 August 2014, 06:39:01 pm »
Checked up on Skippernick in Bristol, cos I know he's a bad boy and needs close watching  :lol

Killed 2 birds with one stone - met someone from another forum at Bristol to loan them a tent, then on to Luke's for R6 rear shock fitting. Thankyou very much Luke, it's really appreciated  :thumbup

We had a quick look round the Bristol bike show - sorry, no pics, but wasn't that much that really caught my eye TBH.

Not the best ride home as a bit too much traffic to really assess the difference, but did feel noticeably more planted, and with it now dropped 10mm on the forks (again, thanks Luke) definitely a bit more flickable. Surprised myself by the speed I took some of those bends on the A4 at one point and eased off; I think it would have felt a little less "together" at that pace before. Needs a trip to those lovely Welsh roads to really get a feel for it, hopefully coming up at the end of this month.

rustyrider

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #3258 on: 16 August 2014, 06:51:45 pm »
Took it for the MoT, passed with only front tyre getting thin and non E marked can as advisories.  Decided to treat it to an oil and filter change then remembered that the belly pan has to come off to get the oil filter out.  So bought some VHT black paint, took the downpipes off, gave them a wire brushing and made them look pretty again.

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600,CB400/4,X7,CB250
    • View Profile
« Reply #3259 on: 16 August 2014, 07:13:24 pm »
Sold it......my spare 600 to a guy in cleethorpes, a round trip of 420 miles to deliver it......you only get that level of service when you buy a  :faz
One, is never going to be enough.....

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #3260 on: 16 August 2014, 08:14:28 pm »
Dropped it in the petrol station! :'(
I didn`t put side stand down fully and it just folded up as I got off.
Bent clutch lever and scraped the crash bung, could have been worse. The crash bungs were 2nd hand off ebay for £20 so they have more than paid for themselves.
I replaced clutch lever with a spare one from my old gen1 as they are exactly the same.

dickturpin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3261 on: 16 August 2014, 08:18:16 pm »
little bimble over north yorks moors....heather coming out now, looking good!

rustyrider

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #3262 on: 16 August 2014, 09:35:28 pm »
Who's Heather?

greg1953

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Aprilia RSVR
    • View Profile
« Reply #3263 on: 16 August 2014, 09:58:25 pm »
Had my first ride on my Fazer 1000 today, it had a misfire, came home and changed plugs, trimmed 1/4 inch from ht leads and went for ride around Teesdale, misfire gone, impressed with speed & comfort, might be a keeper.
Greg 
« Last Edit: 16 August 2014, 09:59:30 pm by greg1953 »

dickturpin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3264 on: 16 August 2014, 10:03:43 pm »
Who's Heather?

I was waiting for that!!!! :rolleyes :rolleyes

Doddsie

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #3265 on: 17 August 2014, 12:28:02 am »

Doddsie

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #3266 on: 17 August 2014, 12:30:59 am »
  :eek  Actually, I quite like that!

mickvp

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3267 on: 17 August 2014, 01:16:50 am »
Did someone mention heather?

http://youtu.be/8vc5uxWBWEE

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3268 on: 17 August 2014, 03:20:32 pm »

Foccin busy in here aint it.....lots o fun being had 8)

Anyway i fixed yesterdays fun spoiler & ive replaced a dodgy rounded off allen bolt with a good old fashioned one that i was able put in nice & tight

Also created a little spares kit for if it decides to ruin another days riding.

esetest

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MotoguzziV7racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3269 on: 17 August 2014, 05:13:25 pm »
Gave it a good clean .

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3270 on: 17 August 2014, 05:26:40 pm »
Only meant to go for a brief local ride this afternoon. Ended up going A338, Wantage, Hungerford, Salisbury. Brief stop at Old Sarum, then Amesbury, Marlborough, Swindon and home. 125 miles. Well, when the sun comes out like that, you've got to really, might not get much more before winter.

It's funny how you can think you're getting used to what a bike can do, then it just completely blows you away! Ivanised last year now, and I've had plenty of good blasts using that power, but the grin-factor was amazing today. The new R6 shock combined with the drop down the forks gave me so much more confidence in the corners, the way it helps to hold a line, helps to make it easier to change line, less effort to switch from right to left handers etc. And the sheer go still amazes me sometimes. It's really starting to feel like a complete package. So how much more difference does a set of R1 USD forks make? I can't imagine it!

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3271 on: 17 August 2014, 07:07:13 pm »
Only meant to go for a brief local ride this afternoon. Ended up going A338, Wantage, Hungerford, Salisbury. Brief stop at Old Sarum, then Amesbury, Marlborough, Swindon and home. 125 miles. Well, when the sun comes out like that, you've got to really, might not get much more before winter.

It's funny how you can think you're getting used to what a bike can do, then it just completely blows you away! Ivanised last year now, and I've had plenty of good blasts using that power, but the grin-factor was amazing today. The new R6 shock combined with the drop down the forks gave me so much more confidence in the corners, the way it helps to hold a line, helps to make it easier to change line, less effort to switch from right to left handers etc. And the sheer go still amazes me sometimes. It's really starting to feel like a complete package. So how much more difference does a set of R1 USD forks make? I can't imagine it!

Sounds like you wont be swapping it for a supermoto any time soon then Nick.......glad the shock has worked for ya.....i've finally got my suspension all sorted out and im much more confident because of it.

1 question for you though....obviously your bike is handling much better now.....but does it feel like any less of a tourer now...ie have you sacrificed any comfort?...I'm not suggesting you have i'm just curious......my bike is always gonna have an element of being a tad on the firm side for being a tourer.......perhaps the gen1 was a little too soft and is now stiffer.....without being as stiff as a gen2.....i dunno....but obviously the R6 was never meant for touring and that's what the gen1 seems to excel in.

I wasn't gonna go out today but after an easy fix for my gear lever i couldn't resist it (i must be getting the old spark back)...i only did 50 miles but all 50 of them were quality and i had a great little blast.

I did a coastal route... Haverfordwest-Fishguard-St.Davids-Newgale-Home

At times i had the grin...with the power and the noise i felt like i had just pinched a Tornado jet and switched on the afterburners......proper hanging on & hoping for the best :) ......the sun was out and nothing pissed me off.

Then i washed it.

More shameless piccie pimping. 8)

brooker81

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - Busa,Fzs600,
    • View Profile
« Reply #3272 on: 17 August 2014, 07:20:13 pm »
Noggy that bike seriously don't like you. How did u find the suspension changes ?

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3273 on: 17 August 2014, 07:33:44 pm »
Noggy that bike seriously don't like you. How did u find the suspension changes ?

Has made a brilliant difference.i've had it slidey on the rear, jarring on the rear, wrist aching on the front........now it is finally good enough without taking it to someone.

I've set the rider sag to 25mm and the same front and back which is good.....ok so I'm guessing a little that the static sag should be about 10mm but i cant change that anyway so with the static plus rider sag it should equal the magic 35mm ish.

It seems that the front fork springs have been uprated at some point........if you look at the pic of my bike there in front of the beach you can see the cable tie down towards the bottom showing my fork travel.....that's after shifting on and some serious braking and bumps......my front compression is at maximum soft & based on the amount of travel left then i could go a little bit softer if the springs allowed me to.

brooker81

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - Busa,Fzs600,
    • View Profile
« Reply #3274 on: 17 August 2014, 07:35:22 pm »
Glad u got it setup a bit more to your liking. I highly recommend a set of arrow headers if u are feeling flush.