Date: 27-04-24  Time: 20:07 pm

Author Topic: what did you do with your fazer today ?  (Read 1605380 times)

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
Re: what did you do with your fazer today ?
« Reply #1125 on: 25 September 2013, 08:07:54 pm »
You lazy dayoff gits,,i missed the fun too.
you did enjoy the twisty  bits tho , i hope

Thanks to your previous pointer of where the b44358 Beulah to Newbridge on Wye is Bill we did that & it is prob the best little road ive ever been on, got it on HD camera too 8) , i need to wait til the woo goes to bed then im linking the camera to the tv for some viewing.

Nick's a nice chap,shame he's a Thou owner! ;) ,[size=78%]easy to ride with, he let me lead the way & i didnt fall off![/size]

[size=78%]You need some time off during the week the roads are so much quieter.theres still time left this year for a decent welsh group ride i reckon[/size] :)

Easiest way to go fast........don't buy a blue bike

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600,CB400/4,X7,CB250
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: 25 September 2013, 08:21:34 pm »
You lazy dayoff gits,,i missed the fun too.
you did enjoy the twisty  bits tho , i hope

Thanks to your previous pointer of where the b44358 Beulah to Newbridge on Wye is Bill we did that & it is prob the best little road ive ever been on, got it on HD camera too 8) , i need to wait til the woo goes to bed then im linking the camera to the tv for some viewing.

Nick's a nice chap,shame he's a Thou owner! ;) ,[size=78%]easy to ride with, he let me lead the way & i didnt fall off![/size]

[size=78%]You need some time off during the week the roads are so much quieter.theres still time left this year for a decent welsh group ride i reckon[/size] :)

oi noggy.....stop teasing....show us the vid  ;)
One, is never going to be enough.....

Gav

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: 26 September 2013, 12:10:34 am »
Fitted new swing arm bearings then stuck it back on the bike with all the other cleaned up parts and went for a test ride.   Then my daughter n son wanted to go out on the back for a ride too.  Of course I had to oblige. 
This week I've been mostly tinkering in the garage

Dead Eye

• GP Hero
  • What doesn't kill me, will only make me stronger.
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: 26 September 2013, 09:17:16 am »
Travelled to Bristol from Chelmsford to get my damn passport (didn't trust the mail man) and ended up breaking down due to carb icing - bloody perfect conditions for it on the one night I needed to be clear...

But managed to put some miles on the bike which is nearly always a good thing. Got back yesterday with more new things that I suspect are wrong on the bike... brakes have gone from poor to half decent to juddery as fuck at the front and non-existent on the rear...

Revilo18

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: 27 September 2013, 07:33:09 am »
New pads all round, change of brake fluid front and back, oil and filter change, new head steering bearings, rear calliper rebuild and new seals (asked mechanic to do the last two). MOT passed, no advisories,  got bleeding tax sorted.... just insurance to negotiate and then all set for another year of happy riding
See you on the A3...

Lawrence

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - CBR1100XX Super Blackbird
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: 27 September 2013, 10:57:49 am »
But managed to put some miles on the bike which is nearly always a good thing. Got back yesterday with more new things that I suspect are wrong on the bike... brakes have gone from poor to half decent to juddery as fuck at the front and non-existent on the rear...
Try new pads on the front, took my judder from awful to only just about noticible.

Gav

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: 27 September 2013, 12:22:22 pm »
Rode to the office for 1st time on my recently acquired Fazer, ride included going down ZigZag hill near Shaftesbury Dorset.  Prefer going up it though hehe.

Looking forward to the ride home now :)
This week I've been mostly tinkering in the garage

Lampwick

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: 27 September 2013, 12:41:25 pm »
A simple change of bulbs to Nightbreaker, & led side lights, I just hated the orange glow.

nsr500v4

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: 27 September 2013, 06:07:09 pm »
Took the old heated grips off ( only 1 was working ) and replaced them with the datatool thermal heated grips. Of course had to take it a quick blast to make sure they worked OK. Within 10 mins had to turn em down as they were way too hot! Nice.

esetest

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MotoguzziV7racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: 27 September 2013, 06:22:10 pm »
Cleaned the engine in preparation for painting .

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: 27 September 2013, 09:13:06 pm »
Travelled to Bristol from Chelmsford to get my damn passport (didn't trust the mail man) and ended up breaking down due to carb icing - bloody perfect conditions for it on the one night I needed to be clear...

Didn't know you need a passport to get into Bristol now  :lol

Carb icing?!! :eek  How the hell did you get that in the foccin south of England in September? Just had 2 nights camping in Wales and it was hard to sleep cos it was so mild!

Keeping up on maintenance on yours is a bit like painting the Forth Road Bridge isn't it? :\  Having said that, mine suffered complete rear brake failure today. I'd just been hammering along one of Wale's finest, this one with some long steep descents, just came into Builth Wells and suddenly there's no back brake, nothing, just loads of travel on the pedal! Pulled over to check, couldn't see anything amiss, pumped the pedal a few times and all ok again...must have boiled the fluid going down all those hills!

stevierst

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XSR900
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: 27 September 2013, 09:26:53 pm »
I almost struck a deal to swap the Fz1 for a superduke, then he said my mileage was too high!! Aaaaaarg!! >:(
Stop polishing it and ride the bloody thing!!

mr self destruct

• WSB Pack Hound
  • Riding without a crash since 24-04-15
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: 28 September 2013, 07:04:17 am »
Today I handed it in for a service and got a shiny new XJ6 Diversion as a courtesy bike.  :D
Is this XJ6 your preferred choice over the fazer then?

Err...... Fuck no! :eek
 Funny thing is it feels lighter than my Faze, but is noticeably slower, 18bhp down in fact.

Yesterday I dropped the Fazer back at the dealer for a new rear tyre, new caliper seals and a new chain. Turns out the Honda dealer I got the bike from fitted the wrong chain and it's a bit too long.  :\

On the XJ6 again, but I pick mine back up after work today.
Broken, bruised, forgotten, sore,
too fucked up to care any more.

fireblake

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: 28 September 2013, 06:26:18 pm »
Cleaned the engine in preparation for painting .
Lots of photo's before and after please?

Mickey
Sent from my villa in the South of France.

dBfazer600

• WSB Pack Hound
  • I is Zedonk
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: 28 September 2013, 09:43:04 pm »
Fitted Filter Assy then test ride. Bloody thing still stuttering  :wall :wall :wall :wall :wall :wall :wall :wall :wall >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: >: :thumbdown :thumbdown :thumbdown :thumbdown :thumbdown :thumbdown :thumbdown :thumbdown :2guns :look :grumble :grumble :grumble :grumble :grumble :grumble :grumble :grumble

Daz :crazy
She Ain't Exactly Pretty, She Ain't Exactly Small, Fourt'two Thirt'ninefiftysix

You Could Say She's Got It All.

scubamarkt

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - GSX600F
    • View Profile
« Reply #1140 on: 29 September 2013, 12:12:04 am »
I got the girlfriend to ride pillion for the first time she was very nervous but we had a good ride out over to bacup and she didn't hate it didn't love it either but you gotta start somewhere:-))
I am to old to know everything

Chris

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: 29 September 2013, 12:23:51 am »
I got the girlfriend to ride pillion for the first time she was very nervous but we had a good ride out over to bacup and she didn't hate it didn't love it either but you gotta start somewhere:-))

That's awesome mate! Thought I might have got mine out on the bike for the first time this year but never happened yet...

Keep taking it easy I'm sure she'll love it soon!

Chris

It wouldn't be fun if it was easy, I just wish it wasn't this much fun.

midden

• Operation Foc-UTree
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Falcon Stealth
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: 29 September 2013, 12:38:00 am »

That's awesome mate! Thought I might have got mine out on the bike for the first time this year but never happened yet...

Chris

and then you'll never have an escape
Women have chocolate men have bikes.....
including ones who like chocolate....;)

david095

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: 29 September 2013, 12:54:09 am »
twas a sad day, finally fitted Givi system and top bod, not the prettiest thing and purely functional, but the deed is done!
Porquoi moi?

scubamarkt

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - GSX600F
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: 29 September 2013, 09:45:06 am »

Chris
Cheers Chris will do, hope you get chance to tempt her to have a go before the weather turns to shit
I am to old to know everything

Lez72

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: 29 September 2013, 02:47:46 pm »
Today I took the front mudguard off the boxeye and cleaned it inside and out. I am currently waiting for my starter and generator covers to come back from the powdercoaters so in the meantime I have just been removing little bits and pieces and cleaning them up.
Over the past 12 months of ownership I have
Replaced Air filter, Fuel filter, Oil filter (all genuine Yamaha) and oil change (with a little Activ8 added), replaced plugs, fitted and adjusted new DID gold chain, fitted new Continental RA2 rear tyre, fitted front and rear 'Venhill' brakelines with fresh fluid, removed all calipers and serviced them and fitted new pads, flushed and replaced radiator coolant, fitted 'SP Engineering' carbon Motogp exhaust, balanced carbs and reset TPS and put a dollop of 'STP' total fuel system cleaner in the tank, fitted new gear change rubber, got rid of the crappy looking rear hugger and fitted a genuine 'Yamaha' chain guard instead, replaced the RHS oil gallery plug and washer, fitted colour matched 'Motrax' crash bungs, fitted jack up kit, fitted grippy pillion seat cover and 'Oxford' digital clock to the top yoke. I think that's everything  :\
Oh yes, I've also managed to ride it a couple of times too  :o
Wish list, remove front forks and paint fork bottoms and fit 'Hyperpro' springs with fresh fluid and replace rear shock.
Bloody bikes  :'(
Yamaha Fazer 'the only bike you'll ever need' maybe ???

Punkstig

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: 29 September 2013, 04:23:10 pm »
Minor service- oil and filter, topped up coolant overflow tank which was 'ahem' empty! Because of that I checked the level at the radiator but that was full so happy days.

Had a look at modding the front speedo drive to fit the thundercat wheel, and I do believe I've done it (not ridden it yet) and it was all very easy, a little too easy!
Can only post 1 pic per post with the ipad soooo-
Standard thundercat front wheel speedo drive at wheel-

« Last Edit: 29 September 2013, 04:31:29 pm by Punkstig »
Some say...

Punkstig

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: 29 September 2013, 04:24:53 pm »
Inside wheel after rubber seal, metal ring washer and drive lugs removed-

Amazing, notches are nearly identical to fazer wheel!
Some say...

Punkstig

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: 29 September 2013, 04:26:38 pm »
The tabs are too thick so need grinding down to same thickness the wheel is
Some say...

Punkstig

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: 29 September 2013, 04:30:30 pm »
Fazer speedo drive inner fitted with original T'cat washer and rubber seal

All went back onto the forks with no resistance and wheel spins freely, fingers crossed when I take it to work tomorrow it will all work as it should, I don't see any initial issues but I'm assuming the speedo will be out slightly due to the tyre profile difference, but it should be minimal!
Some say...