Date: 28-04-24  Time: 01:42 am

Author Topic: what did you do with your fazer today ?  (Read 1605715 times)

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600,CB400/4,X7,CB250
    • View Profile
Re: what did you do with your fazer today ?
« Reply #1050 on: 09 September 2013, 11:14:22 am »
thats the same route i took after camping at glen nevis and then a night camping on the shore of loch lomond.....fantastic roads allround ,your lucky to have them on your doorstep,bit of a trek for me  :\   
One, is never going to be enough.....

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: 09 September 2013, 07:01:21 pm »
Glasgow to Malaig and back, 340 miles.......the mighty Fazer Thou didn't miss a beat..... Brilliant day out, pissed down big style on the way back and glad I put Dunlop Roadsmarts on a few weeks ago, great grip in the wet

Malaig road is the one with all the speed limit signs on the tight bends - dual carriageway? Foc me it was windy when I did that road! Good ride tho'.

I think you remember wrong Nick as there are no dual carriage ways to Mallaig

Don't know why I remember it that way then, but there's a longish section that's been improved recently, 30 mph limit signs on all the bends?

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: 09 September 2013, 07:38:53 pm »
First trip with these on today. Strangely enough these give more feel than the Blue Spot did with the stainless brake lines. :D

mickvp

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: 09 September 2013, 07:52:21 pm »
took the rear wheel off and dropped it off at my mechanic mate to have the tyre swapped over - then ill get the front tomorrow :)

mickvp

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: 14 September 2013, 04:12:51 pm »
refitted my front wheel to  the bike after the tyre getting changed. then noticed they had put the tyre on backwards...so it will need to go back again. tw$ts  :thumbdown

Davebo

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - None
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: 14 September 2013, 04:17:02 pm »
Popped a new Motobatt on and tensed for the starter button. Would I get the click of death ?

No!! Started like a gem.  :D :lol

stinch182

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: 14 September 2013, 04:42:18 pm »
Did a full service on my bike today ... Think it needed it just ticked over 40k . Starts and runs smoother now .

stinch182

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: 14 September 2013, 04:44:18 pm »
Fun getting to the air filter too ...

unfazed

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: 14 September 2013, 06:32:19 pm »
Did a full service on my bike today ... Think it needed it just ticked over 40k . Starts and runs smoother now .
Not suprising considering the condition of that old air cleaner :eek

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: 14 September 2013, 06:54:41 pm »
I have a new air filter waiting to fit too. Do you have any tips from just doing this yourself
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: 14 September 2013, 07:00:04 pm »
Just did a short afternoon run to take advantage of the only bit of decent weather we're likely to have this weekend - A361 to Chipping Norton, A44 to Evesham, downhill on Fish Hill for first time but too much traffic to really enjoy it, A46 to Alcester then Stratford-upon-Avon (boring bit), A422 to Banbury, then back home on A361. Nice fast A road route, 110 miles, happy  :)

nsr500v4

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: 14 September 2013, 07:46:59 pm »
Left home and went to Moffat then M74/M6 to the Lakeland Motor Museum spent time wandering around, worth a visit if you havent been then home again via Moffat to get off the motorway! God they r boring on a bike  ;)

stinch182

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: 14 September 2013, 08:11:00 pm »
I have a new air filter waiting to fit too. Do you have any tips from just doing this yourself

It's pretty simple . Tank off pull back cover 4 screws out with old in with new .

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: 14 September 2013, 08:15:29 pm »
Get something to plug the fuel pipe with otherwise residual will pour out over your bike after disconnecting.
Be careful not to kink said fuel hose when placing tank back in place or you'll be chasing around a dodgy spluttering engine.
replace with a decent filter.yamaha or k&n, apparently some aftermarkets dont fit too snug.
Easiest way to go fast........don't buy a blue bike

t140

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - T140W
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: 15 September 2013, 03:05:18 pm »
up at 04:30 for the 7:30 ferry from cairnryan to belfast headed south through portaferry to newcastle, had a bite to eat, down to newry, back north to dundrod and back to belfast for the 19:30 ferry back to cairnryan and home to bed about 23:30, 270 dry miles, a good day out.
Nobody is perfect, but being Scottish is a start

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600,CB400/4,X7,CB250
    • View Profile
« Reply #1065 on: 15 September 2013, 05:13:34 pm »
met up with EXUPNUT,PUNKSTIG,DEADEYE and PAULKEMP.....at the ace cafe for the ride down to brighton,good day with fishes and chipies on the sea front......little bit of rain on the way home  :)
One, is never going to be enough.....

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #1066 on: 15 September 2013, 05:14:44 pm »
Went on a Group Ride through the Pirbright Twisties. Fortunately the rain held off until we were on the way back :)

lew600fazer

• GP Hero
  • There is only one form of racing, road racing.
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 2017 MT-09 Tracer ABS
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: 15 September 2013, 05:25:13 pm »
up at 04:30 for the 7:30 ferry from cairnryan to belfast headed south through portaferry to newcastle, had a bite to eat, down to newry, back north to dundrod and back to belfast for the 19:30 ferry back to cairnryan and home to bed about 23:30, 270 dry miles, a good day out.
Nice one, did you not fancy doing the NW200 circuit as well, the Cairnryan /Larne ferry I think is better as it gives you more time being the much shorter route. Were there many bikes about round Dundrod ? I love having a blast round there. It is a fantastic run down to Newcastle  etc!
I used to live not far from Dundrod and used to get up there often, used to sit at the Joey Dunlop stand and just listen to the silence, sounds daft I know. Would just shut my eyes and remember the great times I had at the Ulster over all the years. I can still see Joey &Robert on the podium along with other greats even before there time, Redman, Hailwood, Agostini. Daft I know
MT-09 Tracer for those who no longer can handle a BIG boy Fazer

Lez72

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: 15 September 2013, 08:25:55 pm »
Fitted and bled new Venhill stainless front brake lines to match the rear and replaced fuel filter  8)  If anyone is thinking of fitting stainless lines I suggest you give these a go. Top quality and much easier to fit than other top name lines I have fitted to other bikes in the past. Good customer support too  ;)
P.S. I hate bleeding brakes  :'(
Yamaha Fazer 'the only bike you'll ever need' maybe ???

unfazed

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: 15 September 2013, 09:22:14 pm »
Saturday, went for a short scenic spin with my wife, Left home at noon, Coachford, Macroom, Killarney, dinner in Kate Kearneys Cottage, (Met 4 very unfriendly BMW riders and many friendly non BMW riders in Kates ) through the infamous Gap of Dungloe, Black Valley, Molls Gap, Coffee in the Avoca Cafe, Ladies View, Killarney, Millstreet, over the Old Butter Road and home again at 6pm aout 150 mile in all.

t140

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - T140W
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: 16 September 2013, 12:24:37 pm »
Nice one, did you not fancy doing the NW200 circuit as well, the Cairnryan /Larne ferry I think is better as it gives you more time being the much shorter route. Were there many bikes about round Dundrod ? I love having a blast round there. It is a fantastic run down to Newcastle  etc!
I used to live not far from Dundrod and used to get up there often, used to sit at the Joey Dunlop stand and just listen to the silence, sounds daft I know. Would just shut my eyes and remember the great times I had at the Ulster over all the years. I can still see Joey &Robert on the podium along with other greats even before there time, Redman, Hailwood, Agostini. Daft I know

did'nt have time to go the NW 200 track, there were a few bikes at dundrod 8-10, a nice run down to Newcastle we stopped at the first car park on the left but when we were leaving there were lots of bikes parked farther up the street, it was a good day out, definately do it again.
Nobody is perfect, but being Scottish is a start

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: 16 September 2013, 06:10:09 pm »
Took it for a spin & foc it is handling sweet! 8)

Nothing fell off

I didnt fall off

Dropped it off at the garage to get my front lamp & indicators wired up. :)

Went to the spray shop with a mystery mod.....expensive job but will be worth it being done properly & always gonna get good money if i sell it on in future.
Easiest way to go fast........don't buy a blue bike

david095

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: 16 September 2013, 09:40:38 pm »
nothing exciting, fitted a centre stand, makes it feel a lot more stable to work on  :D
Porquoi moi?

lew600fazer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: 17 September 2013, 12:29:57 am »
As going for a ride out tomorrow gave her a good wash and polish as one wants ones pride and joy to look there best :lol

lew600fazer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: 17 September 2013, 09:45:07 pm »
As going for a ride out tomorrow gave her a good wash and polish as one wants ones pride and joy to look there best :lol
Well went for my planned ride today with a mate, he was on his 900 Hornet. All going well but had a moment when white van man decided to ignore the stop sign and was practically on top of me, managed to swing round him thankfully nothing coming the other way. We convinced to stop and although I do not speak much Spanish I think he got the gist of the conversation . Apart from that 180kms of sun and fun.
Lew