Date: 30-04-24  Time: 21:58 pm

Author Topic: squeal from the front  (Read 2087 times)

tex1507

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
squeal from the front
« on: 18 October 2011, 12:28:37 pm »
Hi All,

I change my front wheel bearings again as i started to get a squeal from the front of my fazer, took the bike out and everything seamed ok, this was sunday, have gone down to Luton from Birminghham and the squeal:madflame: returned on the M1, i am pretty sure it is not the bearings this time as i am not getting any judder through the brake lever & handle bars when i slow down which was happening before, how ever when i got to Luton i had a look at the rad and when sitting on the bike on the left hand side bottom pipe there is white corrosion which to me would indicate water leak (although not wet when i looked)......................is this a correct assumption?

If there is a air lock in the rad not sure how it got there without 1-the bike going on it's side or 2- not being carfull when changing the coolant again neither of these have been done recently, the coolant is coming up for a change and the last time i dropped the bike was 2 years ago in the snow when my foot slipped.

pretty sure it is not warped discs as when i checked these they were running true

ok final question if it is the speedo sender on it's way out how would i know as the actual speedo needle is smooth when going along?

Cheers

Stu

arch33angel

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
Re: squeal from the front
« Reply #1 on: 20 October 2011, 07:50:46 am »
This is just a possibility. I had squeal from the front a while ago and noticed that one of the silver springy things(no idea what these are called??) on the top of the caliper where the pad retaining pin goes thru was on the wrong way round. Also the spacer on the front axle was back to front. Squealing stopped when these were corrected. It's just a shot in the dark really but worth a check.

tex1507

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 24 October 2011, 11:59:41 pm »
ok, i know that my wheel spacer is on correctly but how do i tell which is the correct way for the clip your talking about?

Cheers

Stu

eddie1310

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 28 October 2011, 06:41:19 pm »
i had the same squeal from the front of my fazer and it turned out to be the speedo magnet needed a grease  :)
failure is always an option!!!!

tex1507

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 29 October 2011, 10:27:20 pm »
How do you grease that as i thought it was pretty much a sealed unit?

tex1507

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 03 November 2011, 10:00:27 pm »
Ok took the plung and stripped the speedo sender, regreased it and guess what Squeal gone.

Cheers for all your replies

Stu

Ton13

• Weekend Warrior
  • Tonie
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Honda VFR 750
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 05 November 2011, 10:27:29 am »
hmm i may try this, now which one is the speedo sender?
Ride It Like You've Stole It