Date: 20-05-24  Time: 21:56 pm

Author Topic: Have your say - paying for parking at matlock bath  (Read 2081 times)

tiggr2

• DAS Born Again
  • If it aint broke make it faster
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
Have your say - paying for parking at matlock bath
« on: 08 August 2012, 11:15:24 am »
Derbyshire county council are trying to get Matlock Bath a pay to park area - sign the petition to stop them
 http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/News/newsresults/General-news/2012/July/jul2712-petition-against-matlock-bath-parking-plans/_/R-EPI-137282

Pass it on..
Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

redman

• DAS Born Again
  • You will make the corner lean in throttle on
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - BMW s1000rr/1200gt
    • View Profile
Re: Have your say - paying for parking at matlock bath
« Reply #1 on: 08 August 2012, 01:30:06 pm »
Disgusting this I wont be paying a penny :lol
Damn those racetecs grip like glue

breadlord

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08 August 2012, 04:08:50 pm »
Already signed it. All that's going to happen is that the bikers just go somewhere else, so instead of making a couple of hundred quid every weekend the council are going to lose thousands in business rates. Moronic.

locksmith

• FOC-U Official Selfish Bastard
    A bit of a cheapskate
    imageJune 09
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-09 :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09 August 2012, 08:36:24 pm »
Throwing the cat among the pigeons here but why shouldn't bikes pay a parking fee?

chris.biker

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Hornet 600
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 09 August 2012, 10:29:14 pm »
''All that's going to happen is that the bikers just go somewhere else, so instead of making a couple of hundred quid every weekend the council are going to lose thousands in business rates. Moronic.''
[/size]
[/size]I m with Breadlord on this one.

redman

• DAS Born Again
  • You will make the corner lean in throttle on
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - BMW s1000rr/1200gt
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 10 August 2012, 01:02:44 am »
I was in matlock today the sun was blazing and hardly any bikers there,was speaking to the girl who runs the cafe at the car park. were the koi carp are.  And she said shes lost at least half her custom fromthe changes to ticketing, so local trade has already diminished.  Well done matlock council...
Damn those racetecs grip like glue

tiggr2

• DAS Born Again
  • If it aint broke make it faster
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 10 August 2012, 11:58:31 am »
Throwing the cat among the pigeons here but why shouldn't bikes pay a parking fee?
Note wrong with throwing cats - go to Matlock and have a look any semi fine weekend, Theres great roads around there and then the bikes go meet have a snack and ride away again. Now introduce fees and the great roads are still there but there is also a lot of other local haunts/cafes with free parking. But non as big as Matlock bath. The traders depend on the bikes for most of thier income, there is little else stopping traffic with places like haddon/chartsworth, matlock (not bath), buxton etc close by. remove that trade, they close, we miss another place where bikers meet, where you can wonder and have a look at other folks bikes and which still remains a site to warm the heart a huge row of bikes.
Last years cold wet weather keeping the bikes away actually closed a couple of traders..
Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

SEPTIKANGEL

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - GL1800 &amp Commando850
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 10 August 2012, 06:41:35 pm »
:eek WTF!!  'Cos I already pay ROAD tax for my car and two bikes to use the road.   Then councils cottoned on to car drivers who would roll over and pay more when they had to  stop on the road too.  Bikes have nearly always been exempt, maybe because it was recognised they caused less congestion etc. but lately........ :rolleyes   Road Fund licence, Vehicle excise Licence, tax disc, whatever it's called, allows you to use the road wherever and then they want more money for stopping, FFS!
IF IT AIN'T BROKE, FIX IT 'TILL IT IS.

Jacko

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 11 August 2012, 04:57:43 pm »
Where abouts are the Koi

never been but if I pop over I'd like to see them
Sent from my pants - using talkingbollocks

cable tie

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
Have your say - paying for parking at matlock bath
« Reply #9 on: 11 August 2012, 09:38:52 pm »
If you enter Matlock from the cromford A6 as you arrive in Matlock bath on the left will be the entrance and car park to gullivers and about 20 yrds on the right the 1st car park and the museum and theres actea/ butty stand, it's always full with bikes at wk ends the ponds there it's not massive but there's a few fish in there unless they been nicked now !!