Date: 20-04-24  Time: 06:05 am

Author Topic: FZ1 Front Brake Pads Rattling!!  (Read 2568 times)

Fazerjon

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
FZ1 Front Brake Pads Rattling!!
« on: 24 May 2012, 07:20:46 am »
My front pads are rattling around in the calipers on my 2012 FZ1N. Ive done 1800 miles and am using the bike for work everey day. When I go over a bump they rattle and clonk. If I take them out and copper grease the back and edges I'm hoping this will cure the problem. Its still under warranty at the moment so worse case it can go back. (I Don't really want the knobheads who did the 1st service and f***ed it up touching my bike really though!)
I just wondered if anybody else has noticed this problem on their bike?  :rolleyes

locksmith

• FOC-U Official Selfish Bastard
    A bit of a cheapskate
    imageJune 09
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-09 :)
    • View Profile
Re: FZ1 Front Brake Pads Rattling!!
« Reply #1 on: 24 May 2012, 09:25:52 am »
Never noticed it on mine. Is it possible for the pistons to be retracting too far? or a spring clip thing (for want of a proper technical word) missing?

solorider

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 24 May 2012, 09:41:41 am »
i would not touch it if the bike is under warranty,either take the bike back to the supplying daler or to another dealer and get them to fix the problem

b1k3rdude

• Foc-u Helpful Foccer
  • Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - GSF 1250
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 29 July 2022, 09:01:39 am »
My front pads are rattling around in the calipers on my 2012 FZ1N. Ive done 1800 miles and am using the bike for work everey day. When I go over a bump they rattle and clonk. If I take them out and copper grease the back and edges I'm hoping this will cure the problem. Its still under warranty at the moment so worse case it can go back
Hey John, as I see you still on the forum and posted recently, can I ask what was the dealer/yamaha's response? and how did you fix it in the end?
« Last Edit: 29 July 2022, 09:02:12 am by b1k3rdude »