Date: 28-04-24  Time: 05:11 am

Author Topic: Honda CBR900RRV 97  (Read 554 times)

Gnasher

• Foc-u Brake Doctor
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - ZX10R, XJR1300, X10, GSF1000GT
    • View Profile
Honda CBR900RRV 97
« on: 10 April 2023, 03:33:57 pm »
This is another bike I'm trying to shift for the same customer as the RD400, again this was her late husbands bike. 

He owned it from new, used as a road/odd track day bike, is in fully running order, I've had it running recently and it runs fine as does it ride.  It needs new fork seals, only the right has blown but do both and I'd recommend front pads due to possible oil contamination.  It's been stood pretty much for the last 8 yrs.  It's in good condition for year, slight in tank rust beginning to appear, but easily treatable.  It's fitted with what looks like EBC front discs, a Harris race end can and stage 1 Dyno jet kit, both standard jets and end can are available (see picture of box of bits) although Std end can has slight damage, which can be polished out.  Both tyres are Bridgestone look like BT54 and in good condition fitted Mar 21.   

It doesn't have a current MOT but passed it's last Mar 21, bit of wishful thinking on his part I think.  The almost 2 miles put on it after this MOT, I did  on my recent test ride, it runs and rides like a new bike, check the tyre wear! Me chucking it about probably blow the fork seal!.  From 2015 until his death Mar 22 the bikes done a total of 60ish miles, a very low genuine mileage of 19097, it's currently SORN.   

This is a turn the key and ride off, just needs MOT, fork seal and a good clean,

It's worth in the region of £3000 ish, to allow for the seals/pads work, she's looking for £2500 ovno, as she wants in gone.

« Last Edit: 11 April 2023, 09:55:15 am by Gnasher »
Later