Date: 26-04-24  Time: 20:37 pm

Author Topic: How to bypass tip over sensor, without a sensor  (Read 722 times)

Sprite

• Cager in Training
    • View Profile
How to bypass tip over sensor, without a sensor
« on: 17 April 2022, 03:23:34 am »
Hi brains trust. I have a 2004 FZS1000 engine (Australian model-if that makes any difference) i intend fitting to a bike engined car build, hopefully looking like a 1960s F1 car, such as the Brabham BT21. I have the  main loom but missing several parts including the tip over /bank angle sensor. I know the circuit can be bypassed with simple resistors, but wondering if anyone knows the specifics or has done this?
  I will also need to bypass the EXUP servo motor circuit, as i don't have or need it. Are there any cheap ways of doing this, as i assume it can't just be left unplugged.
 Lastly, can the engine be started and run without the instrument cluster?
  Thankyou for any help you can give me.

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
Re: How to bypass tip over sensor, without a sensor
« Reply #1 on: 17 April 2022, 10:27:18 am »
One of the issues is that the EXUP servo motor, T.P.S, Tip over (Emergency stop) switch, Pickup coil and Speed sensor are linked together and back to the Ignitor (ECU). Leaving these devices unplugged is not an option as it puts the Ignitor in diagnostic mode and sends a signal via the tacho, this wont effect the running, but tach will switch to3, 4, 7 or 9000revs then to zero and back to normal revs, does it about every 30 secsEasiest options,  is to buy a secondhand Tip Over, open it and glue the pendulum in place. Plenty of them cheap on ebay.  There used to be a bypass for the EXUP available in the States, not sure if it is still available, again if not available again the easiest option get a servo dismantle it and plug the circuit board into the loom might be a few faulty ones around. I may even have one in the garage.  Leave the Speed sensor plugged in, TPS can be bypassed, best option is using a linear potentiometer of 0 to 6 Kohms maybe set it to 3k and see how it goes you can fine tune it later. Bike will run without the instruments attached.
Think I covered all

« Last Edit: 17 April 2022, 12:01:55 pm by unfazed »