Date: 27-04-24  Time: 22:08 pm

Author Topic: Fazer 1000 doesn't pull  (Read 1269 times)

alleywatson

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Fazer 1000 doesn't pull
« on: 11 March 2014, 02:23:14 pm »
Hi everyone, hope you're enjoying this small window of nice weather were having in the uk at the moment. Anyway got a problem with the fazer all of a sudden I have no power, well I do but only to about 5000 rpm and 40 mph even though the throttle is wide open I've checked fuel pipes to see if they are kinked and all are good. I've don't no work on her to cause this apart from clean around the coil cover with WD40 where the wire goes into the engine that's it. Everytime I open the throttle it's like the choke is still on but It isn't. It's very strange. If anyone can shed some light on the matter it would be greatly appreciated. [/size]Thanks in advance.[/color]

brooker81

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - Busa,Fzs600,
    • View Profile
Re: Fazer 1000 doesn't pull
« Reply #1 on: 11 March 2014, 02:28:35 pm »
OR IN WRITING WE CAN READ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi everyone, hope you're enjoying this small window of nice weather were having in the uk at the moment. Anyway got a problem with the fazer all of a sudden I have no power, well I do but only to about 5000 rpm and 40 mph even though the throttle is wide open I've checked fuel pipes to see if they are kinked and all are good. I've don't no work on her to cause this apart from clean around the coil cover with WD40 where the wire goes into the engine that's it. Everytime I open the throttle it's like the choke is still on but It isn't. It's very strange. If anyone can shed some light on the matter it would be greatly appreciated.

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11 March 2014, 03:54:10 pm »
Sounds like you will be doing what I will be doing, checking everything connected with ignition and carbs!
You mention that it is like the choke is on, my choke was sticking on last year when the inner cable had frayed, a new one off ebay for a tenner solved it.

Exupnut

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11 March 2014, 04:37:54 pm »
Sounds like ur a cylinder down ... Check ur ht leads and pluggy's.
Just flapping about on this stagnant little pond on the outer rim of the internet.....yup....  :-))

tex

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - tdr 250
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11 March 2014, 05:30:59 pm »

also the air intake under the seat
the night i was born, lord the moon stood a fire red., my poor mother her crying,
she said the gypsy was right, and she fell right dead

alleywatson

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 11 March 2014, 08:51:32 pm »
Fixed ! cylinder 1 spark plug has oil on it, changed for a new one. I'll wait a while and see if it fouls up again.

cheers for all replies, dunno why it's blank sorry