Date: 17-05-24  Time: 05:22 am

Author Topic: Trying to Identify my Immobiliser  (Read 1909 times)

Steve1rc

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
Trying to Identify my Immobiliser
« on: 24 November 2012, 04:44:12 pm »
On thursday my bike (reasonably new to me) decided it wasn't going to start. After taking as much off and checking with the tools I could, I'm convinced it's the immobiliser doing it's job. It just won't 'mobilise.' I've tried bridging the starting relay and the starter motor will turn over, but there's no ignition.

I have no idea what the immobiliser is, all I can find is a Mitsubishi-like logo on the immobiliser box, which I've not yet been able to take off the bike. I've spent hours looking on the internet to try and find out what it is, so I can look to sorting it out, but have found nothing.

I was wondering if anyone here has any idea what the immobiliser is? I've attached a photo of the key fob, which looks like the cobra ones, but i've not been able to find the exact one; maybe it was discontinued, but I can't find any details. If anyone is able to help, I'd really appreciate it! I'm desperate to fix it to make getting to work that much easier.

Incase it helps, it's a 2000 FZS600, and I believe an aftermarket immobiliser

Thanks,

Steve

Steve1rc

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
Re: Trying to Identify my Immobiliser
« Reply #1 on: 24 November 2012, 04:46:08 pm »
Also, if anymore information is useful, I can try and find it out. I've not seen any markers on the immobiliser or alarm, or inside the key fob, apart from the mitsubishi logo

Fazerider

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 24 November 2012, 04:52:32 pm »
The immobiliser connection is in the tail near the CDI. If you have the old link plugs it's just a matter of plugging them instead of the immobiliser.

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 24 November 2012, 05:53:18 pm »
Post a picture of the immobiliser box. Unfortunately some alarm installers dismantle the bypass plugs and wire the immobiliser to the wires of the dismantled plugs. If in your case they did exactly that, then Fazeriders good plan will not work. Post a picture also of the area where the immobiliser is located.
« Last Edit: 24 November 2012, 06:04:59 pm by unfazed »

Steve1rc

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 24 November 2012, 09:25:46 pm »
I'll put the pictures up when I'm back with the bike in the morning, but tonight I managed to identify the immobiliser, it's a laserline 862TH/TL, and opening the immobiliser up showed some corrosion which I've fixed. (I had some help from a sparky)

The locking modes now work which didn't before (it locks and unlocks), but the alarm doesn't sound, and the bike still is still immobilised. I've tested it, and no current is coming out of the immobiliser box, so I've been told perhaps it's a relay in the immobiliser that's not working?

Has anyone had any experience of something like this? Being a student who's just spent all my loan on a bike, I'd rather not fork out another £100 to replace the immobiliser!

Thanks for the help so far though!

Steve

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 24 November 2012, 11:03:20 pm »
You may have activated the Garage Mode or some other mode.
Do you have all the info on the alarm including the necessary codes?
See this link for the user guide if you do not have one. http://www.laserlinedirect.com/public/documents/862_USER_GUIDE.pdf
Page 10 has the info. on garage mode.
More info  on their site here http://www.laserlinedirect.com/public/control.php?_path=/601/602