Date: 24-04-24  Time: 13:35 pm

Author Topic: Separating ethonol seems another panic  (Read 1302 times)

midden

• Operation Foc-UTree
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Falcon Stealth
    • View Profile
Separating ethonol seems another panic
« on: 10 October 2021, 01:36:37 pm »
https://youtu.be/7VwxRVATbOQ

Just watched this clip as a matter of interest and the possibilty of reusing the ethonol to reduce financial  waste.

When it came to siphoning off and then adding fuel boosters I got to wondering if the people who are likely to go to all this effort  were previously accepting of E5 in their lawnmowers and the extra 5% has caused a panic or whether they previously always always bought super unleaded which I presume co trained no ethonol.

Either way  factoring the 10% loss of fuel in with the cost of fuel booster would it not be more economical to siphon or stick with the now super unleaded E5.

[Edited to fix the tiny font problem: GrahamM - Moderator]
« Last Edit: 10 October 2021, 04:55:39 pm by Grahamm »
Women have chocolate men have bikes.....
including ones who like chocolate....;)

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
Re: Separating ethonol seems another panic
« Reply #1 on: 10 October 2021, 05:12:26 pm »
I'm just wondering how many people are going to manage to go out in a blaze of glory when a stray spark sets the whole lot aflame... :(

(PS I've just ridden over 200 miles on a tank of E10 in my FZ6 without a problem :thumbup )

midden

• Operation Foc-UTree
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Falcon Stealth
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11 October 2021, 10:39:49 am »
I'm just wondering how many people are going to manage to go out in a blaze of glory when a stray spark sets the whole lot aflame... :(

(PS I've just ridden over 200 miles on a tank of E10 in my FZ6 without a problem :thumbup )

Me also :)
Women have chocolate men have bikes.....
including ones who like chocolate....;)

StreetFzr

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 19 October 2021, 11:13:04 pm »
https://youtu.be/7VwxRVATbOQ

Just watched this clip as a matter of interest and the possibilty of reusing the ethonol to reduce financial  waste.

When it came to siphoning off and then adding fuel boosters I got to wondering if the people who are likely to go to all this effort  were previously accepting of E5 in their lawnmowers and the extra 5% has caused a panic or whether they previously always always bought super unleaded which I presume co trained no ethonol.

Either way  factoring the 10% loss of fuel in with the cost of fuel booster would it not be more economical to siphon or stick with the now super unleaded E5.

[Edited to fix the tiny font problem: GrahamM - Moderator]
Depending where you live use esso super unleaded as its ethanol free or go for any other super as it’s still max 5% and a lot will be much less as it’s not mandated by law to contain any ethanol at all

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 20 October 2021, 02:30:07 pm »

But your bike is injected so there won't be any problem using E10 other than poorer consumption possibly. Older carbed bikes I think, need to be wary, or maybe mindful of the fact that when/if petrol starts leaking from the carbs, they'll have a fair idea of what has caused it.
Whizz kid sitting pretty on his two wheeled stallion.