Would you be willing to take a covid vaccine  

yes
35 (71.4%)
no
6 (12.2%)
Dont know
8 (16.3%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Author Topic: The Covid thread  (Read 71203 times)

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
Re: The Covid thread
« Reply #525 on: 13 May 2021, 03:31:46 pm »
Why is the indian variant rampant in Bolton, Rotherham,  Bradford, leicester, derby, and how did it get there in the first place.

Im sure you already suspect the causes, but Ill take a stab and risk being censured.

Areas of high immigrant population, coupled with letting people who have recently visited India back into this country without quarantine etc. Pisses me off that the sacrifices of many are being tossed aside by selfish bastards and slow political action.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: 13 May 2021, 04:08:00 pm »
Why is the indian variant rampant in Bolton, Rotherham,  Bradford, leicester, derby, and how did it get there in the first place.

Im sure you already suspect the causes, but Ill take a stab and risk being censured.

Areas of high immigrant population, coupled with letting people who have recently visited India back into this country without quarantine etc. Pisses me off that the sacrifices of many are being tossed aside by selfish bastards and slow political action.

I don't know where you got that info from but I thought I would check the BBC news website and it doesn't say anything about any immigrant populations.
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #527 on: 13 May 2021, 06:30:40 pm »
Crawley rates are increasing again too. We have a large asian population.

The truth is too many people fec about and either:
- Ignore the quarantine when coming back from places like India
- Don't understand that quarantine means self isolation, not just staying in your home but isolating from the rest of the household or making the res of the household quarantine too.

I have seen loads of stories on the web and elsewhere where people are too underpaid to be able to take time off work to isolate when they have symptoms or blatantly ignore the rule or think "i'm ok to go to the shops/gym/wherever while I isolate"
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: 13 May 2021, 06:39:19 pm »
How did the Kent variant spread so rapidly throughout Europe?
The whole history of this virus is the speed of transmission.
It only takes one person.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: 13 May 2021, 07:36:10 pm »
How did the Kent variant spread so rapidly throughout Europe?
The whole history of this virus is the speed of transmission.
It only takes one person.
why hasn't the Kent variant spread here like it has in the EU. After all it started here.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: 13 May 2021, 07:56:01 pm »
I can't find anything on sky or bbc that says the spread of the indian variant is driven by the Asian population. Seems like it is being covered up.
« Last Edit: 13 May 2021, 07:57:51 pm by fazersharp »

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: 13 May 2021, 08:00:02 pm »
why hasn't the Kent variant spread here like it has in the EU. After all it started here.
It did. It was the major contributor to our very high figures in January. Then came Europe.

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: 13 May 2021, 08:09:25 pm »
I can't find anything on sky or bbc that says the spread of the indian variant is driven by the Asian population. Seems like it is being covered up.
What do you mean 'driven by'? Somebody travelled back from India, and have now passed it on to people they have met or live with. The likely hood is they are of Asian descent. Nobody is 'driving it'.
Neither was everybody from China, or indeed Kent.

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: 13 May 2021, 10:35:07 pm »
What do you mean 'driven by'? Somebody travelled back from India, and have now passed it on to people they have met or live with. The likely hood is they are of Asian descent. Nobody is 'driving it'.
Neither was everybody from China, or indeed Kent.

Without a doubt. People visiting relatives etc in a country with thousands dying daily, the govt says if you don't come back within a week, you'll have to quarantine. So they all come back without quarantine and lo and behold, the Indian virus takes off here. Another lockdown?

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: 13 May 2021, 10:48:26 pm »
And that's exactly what happened when we had thousands of people dying here in the UK in January, and exported the virus to Europe
It's no use pointing the finger at people. Point the finger at governments for being too slow to react. For being complacent. For not ensuring people are financially supported to quarantine.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: 13 May 2021, 11:52:29 pm »

Without a doubt. People visiting relatives etc in a country with thousands dying daily, the govt says if you don't come back within a week, you'll have to quarantine. So they all come back without quarantine and lo and behold, the Indian virus takes off here. Another lockdown?
Yes lock down Bolton and all the other towns with the outbreak. There is going to be a lot of angry people if the lockdown easing is put on hold because of a few selfish communities who have refused the jab and ignored the rules. 

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: 14 May 2021, 05:57:08 am »
« Last Edit: 13 June 2021, 01:44:28 pm by YamFazFan »

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #537 on: 14 May 2021, 08:45:03 am »
If a new high problem variant is identified, or a country is going into the RED category, the government should give 2 or 3 hours notice. Anybody not on flight not within the the 2-3 hours window (allows those that have checked in to travel) will have the option then to stay where they are or travel with hotel quarantine. No ifs or buts. This will prevent the sudden rush of people who may be infected from rushing to the airport and flying home. The government is too spineless to do that though.
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: 14 May 2021, 08:57:35 am »

« Last Edit: 13 June 2021, 01:44:45 pm by YamFazFan »

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: 14 May 2021, 10:02:54 am »
From the BBC website
9 April Pakistan was put on the red list

One hotel worker in Istanbul said he had seen British nationals flying in from Pakistan, India and Bangladesh - which are all on the UK's red list.The BBC has also spoken to travellers returning from Pakistan to the UK, many of whom were attending weddings or funerals and say they couldn't afford the cost of quarantining.
As long as they isolate at home for 10 days after returning from a non-red list country, they are not breaking the UK government's Covid rules.
Hashir, a student, said "There's no way I have that money, I'm a university student,"

Bradford MP Naz Shah said she was "deeply concerned" about children potentially missing school because their parents can't afford to fly home.
Mohammad Saad travelled to Pakistan with his 16-year-old son on 23 March to attend his nephew's funeral stayed in Turkey said "It's like an extra holiday. Then you can fly back into the UK from Istanbul without any hotel quarantine."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would of thought that If they can afford to go in the first place they should be able to afford to properly quarantine. Student suddenly pleading poverty. Flying to Pakistan to attend your Sisters son is one thing but taking your 16 year old son does not seem to me to be a responsible thing to do. So after staying for an "extended holiday" in Turkey for 10 days there is no way they are going to spend another 10 days isolating at home like they should.

Doing some research there may be something else that could be behind certain communities reluctance to follow rules and to not take the vaccine. It could be that "if god wills it " and it is written that it is a punishment which is sent upon anyone but if you are a believer then nothing will befall them other that what god has already decided.   
I also came across the use of black seed and honey which is seen as a cure for all diseases and some orthodox will also not follow man made laws and the only law they adhere to is their gods law.   
« Last Edit: 14 May 2021, 10:03:45 am by fazersharp »

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #540 on: 14 May 2021, 10:15:11 am »
I would of thought that If they can afford to go in the first place they should be able to afford to properly quarantine
Yep that's what I told you. £600 per person to quarantine in an approved hotel in Turkey, plus negative tests before and after, as opposed to £1750 to do the same in the UK. So for a family of 4 that's a difference of £4600. Plus, legally you have been tested as negative earlier.
And you wouldn't do that?

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: 14 May 2021, 10:18:06 am »
How do they stop that from being fiddled like hell?.
It's probably less than putting the resulting infected people on ventilators for a week

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: 14 May 2021, 10:21:05 am »
Report finds serious failings with WHO and global governments response to pandemic...
Yep, and some covid denying countries were worse than others - Brazil, India, Trumpville...

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: 14 May 2021, 10:32:38 am »
I would of thought that If they can afford to go in the first place they should be able to afford to properly quarantine
Yep that's what I told you. £600 per person to quarantine in an approved hotel in Turkey, plus negative tests before and after, as opposed to £1750 to do the same in the UK. So for a family of 4 that's a difference of £4600. Plus, legally you have been tested as negative earlier.
And you wouldn't do that?
At the time there was no approved hotels in Turkey for the purpose of quarantine. And tourists had no restrictions once there so it was "just like an extra Holiday" they may well of tested negative before arrival in Turkey but than caught it there during their "extended Holiday" and then not isolated for the 10 days at home like they should.   
« Last Edit: 14 May 2021, 10:52:20 am by fazersharp »

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: 14 May 2021, 10:36:33 am »
Report finds serious failings with WHO and global governments response to pandemic...
Yep, and some covid denying countries were worse than others - Brazil, India, Trumpville...
But Trump ignored the WHO and banned travel from affected countries and the left were jumping up and down calling him racist for it. Now the same left are jumping up and down wanting borris to close the same boarders to the same people. Saying he is not doing it quick enough.
« Last Edit: 14 May 2021, 10:50:03 am by fazersharp »

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: 14 May 2021, 11:06:20 am »
« Last Edit: 13 June 2021, 01:45:18 pm by YamFazFan »

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: 14 May 2021, 11:11:03 am »
« Last Edit: 13 June 2021, 02:26:54 pm by YamFazFan »

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: 14 May 2021, 11:33:58 am »
« Last Edit: 13 June 2021, 02:26:32 pm by YamFazFan »

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: 14 May 2021, 01:10:48 pm »
At the time there was no approved hotels in Turkey for the purpose of quarantine. And tourists had no restrictions once there so it was "just like an extra Holiday" they may well of tested negative before arrival in Turkey but than caught it there during their "extended Holiday" and then not isolated for the 10 days at home like they should.   
Not true. Travellers from India required to stay 14 days in approved dormitories
https://www.thenationalnews.com/world/europe/perfectly-legal-uk-citizens-flouting-hotel-quarantine-by-flying-to-turkey-1.1218009

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: 14 May 2021, 01:15:33 pm »
Asides from the numerous claims for people who don't even exist, I was thinking more about the 'scally's' who are going to take the quarantine money and then go out to work anyway, regarding the extra cash as a nice little bonus and still infecting everyone.
OK then. Probably less than the money wasted on buying PPE from middle men who delivered kit not fit for purpose  :)