Bits and bobs > Articles

Heated hand grips ???

<< < (2/3) > >>

mtread:
The new Oxford ones have 9 heat settings. 9! My 3 are fine. 1.take the chill off. 2 . comfy 3. ooh ah ooh ah

mr self destruct:

--- Quote from: mtread on 23 December 2016, 01:35:50 pm ---The new Oxford ones have 9 heat settings. 9! My 3 are fine. 1.take the chill off. 2 . comfy 3. ooh ah ooh ah

--- End quote ---
4 - too hot
5 - medium rare
6 - well done
7 - BBQ
8 - say goodbye to your skin
9 - you have four minutes to reach minimum safe distance

mtread:
Of course the next ones, you'll be able to turn them up to 11....

ianh:

--- Quote from: mr self destruct on 06 November 2016, 01:56:05 pm ---In my opinion definitely, along with a set of cheap ebay hand guards for the coldest times of the year.
In weather like we've got today they're useful, but when it hits 5 or under, the palms of your hands stay warm but the backs still freeze, hence the handguards.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-Universal-7-8-22mm-Motorcycle-Bike-Handguards-Hand-Guards-Protectors-smoke-/301858464194?hash=item46482aa1c2:g:i8gAAOSwubRXNZJ7

--- End quote ---

Mr Self Destruct, old thread I know, but have you fitted those Universal handguards?
Wondering, because if you have, I'd like too.
Just got a new to me FZS1000, so looking to 'mod'.
Got the heated grips, just looking at hand guard options

Ian

mr self destruct:

--- Quote from: ianh on 22 April 2017, 07:02:07 pm ---
--- Quote from: mr self destruct on 06 November 2016, 01:56:05 pm ---In my opinion definitely, along with a set of cheap ebay hand guards for the coldest times of the year.
In weather like we've got today they're useful, but when it hits 5 or under, the palms of your hands stay warm but the backs still freeze, hence the handguards.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-Universal-7-8-22mm-Motorcycle-Bike-Handguards-Hand-Guards-Protectors-smoke-/301858464194?hash=item46482aa1c2:g:i8gAAOSwubRXNZJ7

--- End quote ---

Mr Self Destruct, old thread I know, but have you fitted those Universal handguards?
Wondering, because if you have, I'd like too.
Just got a new to me FZS1000, so looking to 'mod'.
Got the heated grips, just looking at hand guard options

Ian

--- End quote ---

Yes I did mate, got them three years ago and use them over winter. The fit is ok for my 600 but I'm not sure about a 1000 as I've never had one, but the fairings look similar so you should be ok.
They're not as effective as proper mitts, but with winter gloves and heated grips my hands are always warm.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version