Date: 28-03-24  Time: 21:41 pm

Author Topic: Interesting  (Read 1026 times)

locksmith

• FOC-U Official Selfish Bastard
    A bit of a cheapskate
    imageJune 09
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-09 :)
    • View Profile
Interesting
« on: 18 August 2014, 02:41:15 pm »
Taken from a motorcycle solicitors web blog             Wonder what bike it is?

IMPORTANT – If you receive a recall notice for your motorcycle please read this!

We have become aware of one of the largest motorcycle manufacturers making a recent recall notice for its well-known sports bike. Whilst it is quite usual to see such recall notices’ we have received calls from motorcyclists who say they have been injured as a result of work being carried out incorrectly.

This particular recall notice is made in relation to the brakes. However, as is common, a lot of sports bikes have an aftermarket part fitted and therein lays the problem. It appears from the multiple calls we have received that dealers have been fixing a known fault but without noting that aftermarket parts had been fitted. The result is that the motorbike brakes either stick, drag or lock on causing accidents.

At this stage we are unable to publish the manufacturer or precise motorcycle affected as it will shortly be the subject of litigation.

If you have any queries or you think you may have been affected please do not hesitate to contact us

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
Re: Interesting
« Reply #1 on: 18 August 2014, 03:09:02 pm »
That's a bit scary when they won't name the bike!!
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 18 August 2014, 06:41:31 pm »
Has this recall just been issued?

Suzuki issued one in about January of this year - ALL GSXRs, 2004 to 2013, front brake m/cyl problem. Sounds like it could be that one?

ogri48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XJR1300 , evo fatty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 18 August 2014, 06:48:23 pm »
Yup, my first thought was suzook nick, but havnt bmw had some with the s1000r too?

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 18 August 2014, 09:09:45 pm »
Yup, my first thought was suzook nick, but havnt bmw had some with the s1000r too?

I don't know, it's just that the OPs post talks of brake problems - did the BMs have brake problems? I thought theirs was more about engines lunching themselves or something? I know that one of the Italian manufacturers had problems with rear brakes in relation to their positioning near the hot exhaust (to which, IIRC, their somewhat facetious answer was "well clean your brakes after every ride"  :eek to which someone might well take umbrage and take it to litigation as not being fit for purpose or some such) - or I may just be getting totally muddled up here  :lol

Skippernick

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 18 August 2014, 09:18:13 pm »
yeah it was suzuki, all GSXR's for several years, as nick said.
A neigbour has one and i mentioned it to him, his is well blinded up as well.
Red Heads - Slowly taking over the world!!!