Date: 27-04-24  Time: 17:42 pm

Author Topic: Carpal Tunnel Syndrome  (Read 3794 times)

fazerscotty

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
« Reply #25 on: 17 December 2023, 12:34:45 pm »
Good to hear! does the MT 07 clutch arm work with the early FZS 600?  The clutch is not that heavy but coming from my sons 125 its night and day lol

That I don't know I'm afraid - this is for a FZS1000. From first looks, it will go on and give a fair bit extra leverage. I did worry that the extra length would mean the arm may clash on something like the cam chain tensioner casing, but having offered it up without the anaesthetic still in the system, I reckon it will be good to go.
A total of 18 stitches - as they dug into my left elbow and retrieved a trapped nerve as well (I think this had been like this since I hit a deer in 2014). Healing well - just trying not to do too much lol.

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 18 December 2023, 09:56:50 am »
Glad your op went to plan, you just have to try and be a patient patient now :lol .
Merry Christmas. :thumbup
Whizz kid sitting pretty on his two wheeled stallion.

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 18 December 2023, 06:13:12 pm »
Good to hear! does the MT 07 clutch arm work with the early FZS 600?  The clutch is not that heavy but coming from my sons 125 its night and day lol

That I don't know I'm afraid - this is for a FZS1000. From first looks, it will go on and give a fair bit extra leverage. I did worry that the extra length would mean the arm may clash on something like the cam chain tensioner casing, but having offered it up without the anaesthetic still in the system, I reckon it will be good to go.
A total of 18 stitches - as they dug into my left elbow and retrieved a trapped nerve as well (I think this had been like this since I hit a deer in 2014). Healing well - just trying not to do too much lol.

Take it easy opening the wine and beer bottles this Christmas

fazerscotty

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 19 December 2023, 11:56:36 am »
Glad your op went to plan, you just have to try and be a patient patient now :lol .
Merry Christmas. :thumbup

Merry Christmas to you too - patient? Where's my beer woman  :rollin :rollin :rollin ?

fazerscotty

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 19 December 2023, 11:58:14 am »
Take it easy opening the wine and beer bottles this Christmas

Ah, yes, that's why I got married - "in sickness and health" lol.

returning rider

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 19 December 2023, 02:01:13 pm »
Very glad to hear things went well and hope you have a lovely festive break

fazerscotty

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 19 December 2023, 09:39:53 pm »
Very glad to hear things went well and hope you have a lovely festive break

Thanks - I intend too. Just done a bit of retail therapy - Blue Spot removal tool, "O" Rings, rubber grease, vinyl stickers for the tailpiece. All for the Thou. Starting to feel better already.  :lol :lol :lol

fazerscotty

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 09 January 2024, 08:45:18 pm »
First day back at work yesterday, my left arm hasn't felt as good as this in years. Still taking it easy though as I am not intending to miss anything this summer  :woot

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 10 January 2024, 09:11:04 pm »
Glad your op went well and has been successful. Do you have to take it easy using your left arm for a while, or is it full gas straight away?
Whizz kid sitting pretty on his two wheeled stallion.

fazerscotty

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 12 January 2024, 05:12:16 pm »
Glad your op went well and has been successful. Do you have to take it easy using your left arm for a while, or is it full gas straight away?

Been full on this week - been a month since I had the operation. I did have a bit of physio in the garage over the festive break  :lol :lol :lol

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 13 February 2024, 07:47:06 pm »
The cortisone injections into the knuckle joints have not lasted as long as previous ones, just 3 months down the line and the pain and restricted movement have returned. After having this treatment now for several years, I fear the impact lessens with time. Previously, the benefits lasted 9 to 12 months. Trigger finger is now present in the right hand first finger too. The combination of a working life in engineering and old age are catching up with me I fear. Its very frustrating as I was on the point of purchasing another bike, having decided on a Street Triple 765 r. Until, that is, I became aware of the TFT screen problems, so switched to the 675r. Now though, its on the back burner as I wait for treatment as I'm reluctant to cough up for a machine I may not be able to ride. I expected to have to convert the clutch to hydraulic anyway, but I think the sensible thing to do is get the hands working again first