• Cartographic Pickpocketing Foccer
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • - FZS 600 02-03
    • View Profile
TIPS !
« on: 12 November 2011, 07:08:24 am »
With the shooting season in full swing I am going through checked shirts like nobodies buiseness.
Q. Has anyone got any tips on a quick way of ironing the damned things ?

Many thanks
Russ  ;) 
Better to stand and look a fool than speak and prove it !
If it aint broke, I'll fix it till it is !!

mickdel

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: TIPS !
« Reply #1 on: 13 November 2011, 03:57:56 am »
Depends on the material.  If they're cotton, just put the iron on highest with plenty of steam.   That will do it.   If you can't just drop them into a local dry cleaners, and they'll do em for you.
What are you shooting, and what type of gun do you have?   I had a lamber over and under which I loved,  but had to sell as the wife didn't like a gun and ammo in the house!  Where do you shoot?
Head Focced

Looney tune

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • - FZS 600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 13 November 2011, 07:10:18 am »
I work as a gamekeeper so I have a few guns, each with there own place for doing the job.

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #3 on: 13 November 2011, 10:08:33 am »
Mik, you need to explain to teh wife that the gun was there before she was :pokefun

I have a Berreta Semi-Auto but have also got a few others on my licence and in my cabinet including an old Arglye Company single barrel job that now belongs to my 16yr old son!

Dont get out anywhere near enough due to work and kids rugby. Same reason as the bike doesnt get used really.

Back to the shirts...... The big question Looney is why are you asking this? Your Mrs should be the one worrying about it not you :pokefun

Failing that, stick them in teh tumble drier to dry and hang them up straight from there. I have been told by others that this works.
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

Captain Haddock

• Club Racer
  • Miserable Foccer.
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XT600E & TDM850 Mk2
    • View Profile
    • Gone boating!
« Reply #4 on: 13 November 2011, 10:49:14 am »
Wot the foc is an iron??
Save the planet...It's the only one with beer!

mickdel

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 13 November 2011, 12:37:26 pm »
Mik, you need to explain to teh wife that the gun was there before she was :pokefun

I have a Berreta Semi-Auto but have also got a few others on my licence and in my cabinet including an old Arglye Company single barrel job that now belongs to my 16yr old son!

Dont get out anywhere near enough due to work and kids rugby. Same reason as the bike doesnt get used really.

Back to the shirts...... The big question Looney is why are you asking this? Your Mrs should be the one worrying about it not you :pokefun

Failing that, stick them in teh tumble drier to dry and hang them up straight from there. I have been told by others that this works.

Aaaahhh,  a Beretta semi-auto.   I used to have one of those in the Philippines.  I tried a colt .45 semi-auto, several revolvers, glocks etc but the beretta 9mm was my favourite.  I can't remember the exact model. I got very accurate with it in th CQB rooms.     I didn't know you could still keep them in the UK.   
Looney -  you have my dream job  :D  What sort of training do you have to do to get a job like that?

mick
Head Focced

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #6 on: 13 November 2011, 02:20:20 pm »
Looney, I was refering to the shotgun. I did used to have a 92F 9mm though that was very nice.
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

Looney tune

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • - FZS 600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 13 November 2011, 07:11:50 pm »
The ironing question was born out of the post by DRYROB on re-waterproofing clothing (read).

Mr Brown, Silver pigeon 12g, old Rizzini 12g for rumbling about in land rover, 5 shot semi-auto Remi ( vermin ), 2 x .22 ( 1 is a 1950 single or semi berreta ), .22-250, .243. Oh and you aint met Beth (girlfriend)!!!!!!!!

Mick, I have had experience with 'qualified' 'keepers, all paperwork no idea. I never realised till I was 20 that I was self teaching myself from the age of 9 when I was given my first airgun. Beating, trapping, dog training, shooting all followed through the years. It always looks good from the outside with the stereotypical look of gun and labrador but in reality this rarely happens. Mid June to Febuary 7 days a week no days off, Feb time for estate maintenance ie woods, planting trees, game crops etc, you get weekends, March is holiday time but with 12 dogs it aint easy, April and May is the time to hit vermin hard, June, get pens etc ready for birds in July, July and August is the killer with 18-20hr days 7 days a week (if things go pair shaped,fox,no sleep for 72hrs is norm ) But god I LOVE it, it's a way of life not a job. There are courses for gamekeeping like Thurso college, finding a job is the hard bit.
Russ

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #8 on: 14 November 2011, 06:42:58 pm »
Q. Has anyone got any tips on a quick way of ironing the damned things ?

Q. What is this thing you call "ironing"? ;)

Captain Haddock

• Club Racer
  • Miserable Foccer.
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XT600E & TDM850 Mk2
    • View Profile
    • Gone boating!
« Reply #9 on: 14 November 2011, 06:50:37 pm »
I've always found clothing of any kind that's been properly stored in a floor mounted pile is ready to wear straight from the heap.

chicken

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 15 November 2011, 04:16:38 pm »
Are you talking about the thicker and softer plaid shirts? If so then this trick might help you.

After washing, dry the shirts until they are still slightly damp (going to need a bit of trial and error for that if your dryer doesn't have a setting for that).

Hang the shirts up on hangers, pulling them slightly taut along the seams to take out the big creases. Let them fully dry overnight. Ironing them in this state will be a lot easier if you need them to be properly smart, otherwise you throw them back into the dryer (make sure it's only a half load as you want them to tumble) and they'll look acceptable after 15 mins.

moffmeister

• Boffie - Yaks it like it is
    Terminally Incontinent
    The Golden Bulge
    The only gay in the village
    Moff Minogue

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 15 November 2011, 08:18:48 pm »
Beth?

chicken

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 17 November 2011, 11:24:52 am »
Dad?

mr grimsdale

• AKA Lastinspace
    imageMay 09
  • GP Hero
  • AKA Lastinspace:The one and only
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Honda vfr vtec 2005
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 17 November 2011, 04:49:56 pm »
Beth....lovely woman..Russ don't know how lucky he is to have her running about all day feeding him and doing his washing, makes his breaky every morning before he goes oot, then takes all the dogs a walk before doing her hoose work then going to her work down the pits,  aye doesn't know how lucky he is, wish my Mrs was like her......now where is that iron.... :lol
Davie.........yes I am that man.

Oldgit

• foccerwithoutaspacebar
  • GP Hero
  • Old Age & Treachery will Overcome Youth & Skill
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - BMW R1200RS Sport SE
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 17 November 2011, 05:29:12 pm »
do not let your shirts dry completely--when they are still a bit damp iron them--jobs a carrot.
Russ
I just got a new Jack Russell Terrier he is mostly brown and black patches and one small white patch--I've called him Bradford.

Looney tune

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • - FZS 600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 17 November 2011, 11:38:34 pm »
 :rollin  Can't believe some of the replies on here, comedy gold.

Mr Grimsdale :- All true apart from I DO know how lucky I am,  ;)
Oldgit :- ' jobs a carrot ', I worry about you. Good luck wi the pup, sounds nice. I have 5 black labrador pups here at the mo, foccers discount if anybody is looking for a well bred pup.
Haddock :- I like your style
Chicken :- you need to get out more  :) .Is your last name Currie or are you a lesbian ? ( chicken licken in these parts )

Keep the ideas coming, more methods the better.

DryRob

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - SV650s
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 18 November 2011, 10:39:30 pm »
You never see a crinkled flag....do you have a flag pole?
thou shalt not kick

Aegis Bearing Mel

• FOC-U Instakok ('05)(TM) - Just add alcohol
    Geographically Disorientated Foccer
    Stealthy for a not so fat c**t
    FOC-U DIY Disaster
    Poof the Magic Dragon
    FOC-U Fudge hunting tranny smasher
  • Administrator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 18 November 2011, 11:53:54 pm »
You never see a crinkled flag....do you have a flag pole?
Only in the morning or when he takes his special blue smarties...
 :pokefun

BIG MAC

• Thinks custom titles are stupid!
  • GP Hero
  • New site same sh1te ;-)
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - FZ1 Fazer, FZS600
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 20 November 2011, 10:12:05 pm »
Just hang the dry shirts up in the bathroom on hangers in the evening before using the shower, leave them overnight. Ironed
The Frying Scotsman

mickdel

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 22 November 2011, 01:59:01 pm »
The ironing question was born out of the post by DRYROB on re-waterproofing clothing (read).

Mr Brown, Silver pigeon 12g, old Rizzini 12g for rumbling about in land rover, 5 shot semi-auto Remi ( vermin ), 2 x .22 ( 1 is a 1950 single or semi berreta ), .22-250, .243. Oh and you aint met Beth (girlfriend)!!!!!!!!

Mick, I have had experience with 'qualified' 'keepers, all paperwork no idea. I never realised till I was 20 that I was self teaching myself from the age of 9 when I was given my first airgun. Beating, trapping, dog training, shooting all followed through the years. It always looks good from the outside with the stereotypical look of gun and labrador but in reality this rarely happens. Mid June to Febuary 7 days a week no days off, Feb time for estate maintenance ie woods, planting trees, game crops etc, you get weekends, March is holiday time but with 12 dogs it aint easy, April and May is the time to hit vermin hard, June, get pens etc ready for birds in July, July and August is the killer with 18-20hr days 7 days a week (if things go pair shaped,fox,no sleep for 72hrs is norm ) But god I LOVE it, it's a way of life not a job. There are courses for gamekeeping like Thurso college, finding a job is the hard bit.
Russ
for younger men than me, but I am envious.   wouldn't mind the graft as long as theres no arse lookin  over your shoulder.  not sure which of the pics is going to pop up, but i think the folks new dog (got him when he was 8m) would much prefer to be in your environment.
Head Focced

HarryHornby

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 22 November 2011, 02:38:39 pm »
WIFE : Washing IRONING F****ng Etc
Money doesn't buy happiness, but it buys beer, and that helps!

mickdel

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 22 November 2011, 02:49:58 pm »
Eh? Fuc@ing?  I understand Catholicism now (am "catholic" since as there is no real way to be kicked out,or formally resign your membership).
And I understand where the Pope is coming from on premarital sex.   Cos theres fuck all comes eftirward.   Nightly grope in the dark n that excluded.    Got inte bed the other nite, and it was pitch black.   Leaned over and said "Night love, luvsya" and thought "God, her hair seems so, so soft".   Then I heard a murmurred "nite nite" but the voice sounded farther away.
Then I realised I'd kissed the fucking cat who was lying in between the two pillows  :o And who errupted in to purring and was all oar me  :eek
Head Focced

Robbie8666

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Triumph NightStorm
    • View Profile
    • RNVMCC
« Reply #22 on: 22 November 2011, 03:07:10 pm »

dont you just love the old stereotypes!

neither my ex-wife or my new lady had either an Iron or ironing board when I moved in! soon sorted that out!

Nothing better than stood doing the ironing whilst watching TV! lets admit it its not rocket science can stand there with my mind not having to do much and it gets me in the good books for when I say, "babe, its a nice day you dont mind if I give the bike a blast do you, be back in a few hours!"

It ain't what you ride, it's who you ride with!!!

Captain Haddock

• Club Racer
  • Miserable Foccer.
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XT600E & TDM850 Mk2
    • View Profile
    • Gone boating!
« Reply #23 on: 22 November 2011, 05:54:31 pm »
Then I realised I'd kissed the fucking cat who was lying in between the two pillows  :o And who errupted in to purring and was all oar me  :eek

:rollin :rollin :rollin
Don't ever say you don't get enough pussy!

Looney tune

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • - FZS 600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 22 November 2011, 11:15:21 pm »
Gon yersel Mick, a threesome. Not many get to go to bed with their wife and kiss another pussy  :eek . INSOMNIA, no wonder you can't sleep.
Think I've found the answer to my ironing problem, Robbie8666, when can you move in !!