Date: 18-04-24  Time: 03:54 am

Author Topic: Battery quick disconnect?  (Read 817 times)

Lividcoconut

• Cager in Training
    • View Profile
Battery quick disconnect?
« on: 20 February 2022, 07:04:41 pm »
Hey all!
Been lurking around using this place for all the great info for my fazer, so thanks a bunch for all that, saved my bacon more than once. But on to my question, I have to pull my battery often because I don't have a garage to have a tender hooked up when my battery is getting low, and was just wondering if anyone had any good ideas, I was thinking using SAE connectors to make an easy disconnect, but didn't know how that would do in the long run, so if any of you fantastic bastards have any better ideas, I would love to hear them! Thanks for reading!

priezti

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
Re: Battery quick disconnect?
« Reply #1 on: 05 March 2022, 09:56:41 pm »
Anderson connectors, not waterproof so would need to be kept reasonably dry, shouldn't be too bad under the seat.

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05 March 2022, 10:00:22 pm »
How often do you use the bike? If it is often it should be charging itself anyway, as long as the battery is in reasonable nick.
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

Lividcoconut

• Cager in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 15 March 2022, 02:12:11 pm »
Ooh Anderson connectors look good, and I usually ride it enough that it's not an issue for the charging circuit to sort it, but I've been ill for the past few months and haven't been able to ride as much, so figured I try and solve an issue I didn't need too! Thanks for the suggestion on the Anderson connectors though