Date: 18-05-24  Time: 00:19 am

Author Topic: Any Info ON ...  (Read 885 times)

purplebear7

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Honda CB1300S & Sports Sidecar
    • View Profile
Any Info ON ...
« on: 21 April 2012, 09:35:26 am »
Any Info on .... Airhawk Seat Pads?

I'm looking at buying an Airhawk seat pad .. the large cruiser type might be my best bet for the 'Spanish Dancer' .. it would be for use on my long haul runs.

They are sold new for crazy money .. but I'm thinking maybe someone has one lurking in their shed  :rolleyes .

I'm also interested in reports on these things in action .. are they as good as the dealers recon ?

I'm not interested in Gel Pads .. they don't work too well in the 40c summer months down here.

Your comments please Gents  :) Cheers.

Travel Happy  ;) Polar Bear.  (Spain)

SkidT

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - R1200GS LC
    • View Profile
Re: Any Info ON ...
« Reply #1 on: 21 April 2012, 08:05:55 pm »
HI,
I bought an airhawk (the cheaper version) a few years ago to put on my BMW R1100GS that I had at the time. For short runs, the GS standard seat was okay, but after an hour or two, my rear end began to suffer. The arihawk cured this, once I'd worked out how much to inflate it. You dont need to inflate them that much.
The only issues that I had with it is that it obviously raised the seat height on an already tall seat, which was a little unnerving at times. You do wobble about on it a little as well, when you shift your weight, due to the air moving between the smaller air pockets within.
For a cheap alternative to sore a**e syndrome I dont see how you can go wrong. If you were nearer, I'd say you could borrow it and try it out for a week or two.
Good luck with whatever you decide to do.
Cheers Skid