Date: 25-04-24  Time: 15:57 pm

Author Topic: Swinton Insurance  (Read 1719 times)

Andy FZS

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Swinton Insurance
« on: 13 March 2013, 07:46:54 pm »
My insurance is due with Bennetts soon but Swinton (With KGM) are cheaper TPFT has anyone had any dealings good or bad with Swinton?

Cheers
Andy

alexanderfitu

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
Re: Swinton Insurance
« Reply #1 on: 13 March 2013, 07:47:26 pm »
I was with swinton for a year. No complaints! :)

sure2ride

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • - Royal Enfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 14 March 2013, 10:33:21 am »
I think I was with them for a bit, I vaguely remember being caught by their camcellation fees/change of bike fees...can't remember for certain but maybe worth checking if you are thinking of changeing your bike this year?
I have used Hastings quite a lot over the years and they seem pretty good.
If you want to give God a good laugh, tell him your plans.

Robbie8666

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Triumph NightStorm
    • View Profile
    • RNVMCC
« Reply #3 on: 14 March 2013, 11:51:07 am »
I think I was with them for a bit, I vaguely remember being caught by their camcellation fees/change of bike fees...can't remember for certain but maybe worth checking if you are thinking of changeing your bike this year?
I have used Hastings quite a lot over the years and they seem pretty good.

funny I just changed my cage insurance to swintons this morning & I was informed that any change would cost £25 per change!
It ain't what you ride, it's who you ride with!!!

badger

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 14 March 2013, 09:07:06 pm »
I've just gone the other way, was with swinton last year but their renewal quote was £70 out, did the comparison run through on the internet and bennetts were the cheapest by far. Didn't have to claim with swintons so not sure how good they would be in then? IMHO they are all much the same so go for the cheapest if the cover is right for you

locksmith

• FOC-U Official Selfish Bastard
    A bit of a cheapskate
    imageJune 09
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-09 :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 15 March 2013, 10:19:56 am »
I've just told Swinton to get lost. I had the renewal through and found better on t interweb.
They phoned me up yesterday and completely ignored the fact I had a renewal, insisting on double checking all the details to make sure I get the best possible price and it was the same as the renewal!.
I reminded him that 15 minutes ago I gave him the price to beat and he launched into his script again. He then asked me what I thought, I replied that I was tired of this pointless phone call and to lapse the policy, said good day and put the phone down.
Dickhead rang straight back but I ignored it. :)

jon

• FOC-U Crucifixion Consultant
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - CRF250L, Stage 1 tuned
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 15 March 2013, 04:45:20 pm »
Dont get me started on swintons! Wankers! I could write a book about their incompetence, life is far too short.

Twice I made the mistake of using them because they were cheaper, and twice I had a catalogue of disasters dealing with those muppets. I can honestly say that I would not use them again if my insurance quote came back as a tenner a year, they are THAT bad.

On the plus side, when I eventually sorted ouf one of their manymistakes they agreed to send me a £35 refund. The useless fuckers sent me a cheque for £30 witha letter stating that it was a full and final refund, a week later I got the same letter with a £16 cheque and a few days after that I got another full and final refund of £27. Knobs.