Date: 26-04-24  Time: 06:02 am

Author Topic: Any entomologist's on the site??  (Read 1157 times)

badger

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
Any entomologist's on the site??
« on: 23 July 2012, 10:00:41 pm »
Didn't think I would be asking this question on here but here goes, I am being plagued by beetles in the garden and a few are starting to appear in the house now and freaking the wife out a bit. I have trawled the internet and found that the beetles are called Clivina Fosser [not ringo george paul n john]. They are quite agressive and attack one another and have filled my outside sink drain with dead carcasses and I have even seen one beetle pick up a dead one and drop it in the drain !! :eek .
So my question is will they do any damage to the house i.e. bore into wood lay eggs and cause a bunch of problems down the line? or do I just leave them be and let nature take it course?
I'm going to give the council a call tomorrow to see what they advise as well.
many thanks
badger

manuel32

• Club Racer
  • Do it yourself!
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
Re: Any entomologist's on the site??
« Reply #1 on: 23 July 2012, 10:24:24 pm »
Try ant powder,

The usually start in the skirting board and finish in the roof,,you will have to move out. :'(
I know its only the internet but they are real people ! ain't they?

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 23 July 2012, 10:33:21 pm »
Don't kill them  :eek  They originate from Ireland, normally live underground or rocks and are certainly not going eat your house ;)

Tori

• Tent Pole Erector / Truck Hunter
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 24 July 2012, 12:18:26 pm »
I had similar last year. I got frontline cat flea spray. Sprayed round doors, knocked them dead! :) It kills just about anything!!

badger

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 25 July 2012, 10:41:25 am »
Thanks for the replies, I haven't seen any more in the house although still plenty in the garden. I have put some ant powder near the doors to the house, as I understand that they do more good than harm and don't want to unnecessarily kill them.