Would you be willing to take a covid vaccine  

yes
35 (71.4%)
no
6 (12.2%)
Dont know
8 (16.3%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Author Topic: The Covid thread  (Read 70051 times)

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Re: The Covid thread
« Reply #450 on: 23 April 2021, 09:43:49 pm »
Got minor surgery on Tuesday, for long standing re-occurring Trigger Finger problem. Monday was booked at Donington for first trackday of the year, so when the surgery letter dropped into the letter box, I thought the planets were aligning nicely. Trackday then surgery. But no. Turns out ive to have a Covid swab on Saturday, then self isolate until Tuesdau morning. Ive cancelled the trackday and will re-book later once healed. Annoying thing is, I suspect some would have just ignored the isolation period and gone ahead with the trackday, but I'm doing it by the book
back before covid i had a nose job ‐‐to improve airway (honesty). And I had to shower in a special shower gel that kills MRSA also during the pre assessment I had to provide a swab of my perinanal area - I had to focing ask  :lol . All for checking for mrsa. It seems now they do not care about mrsa.
« Last Edit: 23 April 2021, 09:44:51 pm by fazersharp »
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: 24 April 2021, 09:58:15 am »
Got minor surgery on Tuesday, for long standing re-occurring Trigger Finger problem. Monday was booked at Donington for first trackday of the year, so when the surgery letter dropped into the letter box, I thought the planets were aligning nicely. Trackday then surgery. But no. Turns out ive to have a Covid swab on Saturday, then self isolate until Tuesdau morning. Ive cancelled the trackday and will re-book later once healed. Annoying thing is, I suspect some would have just ignored the isolation period and gone ahead with the trackday, but I'm doing it by the book
back before covid i had a nose job ‐‐to improve airway (honesty). And I had to shower in a special shower gel that kills MRSA also during the pre assessment I had to provide a swab of my perinanal area - I had to focing ask  :lol . All for checking for mrsa. It seems now they do not care about mrsa.

And so it begins. Turned up for the swab test this morning, turns out that the surgery now looks like being cancelled because the second Covid vac is due on the 1st May, so not seven days between the two, as stipulated and required by the Health Authority. So, trackday cancelled, surgery likely to be cancelled and back on the waiting list, no doubt to be re-scheduled when I'm going on holiday or to clash with the other trackdays booked this summer. Only chance to smooth this out is if I can get the 2nd Covid jab put back a couple of days on Monday morning :groan

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: 26 April 2021, 09:17:39 am »

And so it begins. Turned up for the swab test this morning, turns out that the surgery now looks like being cancelled because the second Covid vac is due on the 1st May, so not seven days between the two, as stipulated and required by the Health Authority. So, trackday cancelled, surgery likely to be cancelled and back on the waiting list, no doubt to be re-scheduled when I'm going on holiday or to clash with the other trackdays booked this summer. Only chance to smooth this out is if I can get the 2nd Covid jab put back a couple of days on Monday morning :groan

Dont you just know it. Surgery cancelled, weather looks great for Donington too, not allowed to re-arrange the 2nd Covid jab  :thumbdown

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: 03 May 2021, 11:19:18 am »
« Last Edit: 13 June 2021, 01:00:09 pm by YamFazFan »

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: 03 May 2021, 11:28:29 am »

50 million UK Covid injections milestone due to be hit today.

Amazing achievement :) .

Absolutely.

Had my second on Saturday, arm a little sore but that's expected.

Im just a little concerned about the brakes coming too early at the minute, we need to tighten the borders

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: 03 May 2021, 10:04:13 pm »
« Last Edit: 13 June 2021, 01:00:21 pm by YamFazFan »

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: 03 May 2021, 10:37:44 pm »

Absolutely.

Im just a little concerned about the brakes coming too early at the minute, we need to tighten the borders
i guess you meant concerned brakes coming off too early.
I think things are being relaxed too slow. We were told get the vaccine to get life back to normal, we have kept our side of the deal and don't see much change yet. Summers coming people will be outside more, by the time things get relaxed we will be in another winter lockdoown.
I do think that we should keep the borders closed and seems stupid to think about allowing foreign holidays.

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: 04 May 2021, 09:12:23 am »
« Last Edit: 13 June 2021, 01:00:51 pm by YamFazFan »

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: 04 May 2021, 09:37:32 am »

Absolutely.

I think things are being relaxed too slow. We were told get the vaccine to get life back to normal, we have kept our side of the deal and don't see much change yet. Summers coming people will be outside more, by the time things get relaxed we will be in another winter lockdoown.
I do think that we should keep the borders closed and seems stupid to think about allowing foreign holidays.

Yes, that's what I meant. Need to remember only half the population has had the vax, and only half of those have had both. There is a long way to go yet. The builder working next door told me he's not having the vax cos he thinks he had the Covid last year and is now safe due to having antibodies. He doesn't know that that though. Yep, keep the borders as closed as possible and foreign hols off the agenda.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: 04 May 2021, 10:11:49 am »

A contributor to one of the news programmes the other day was saying how when deciding whether to lock/unlock and the pace of doing so, the government should take into account all those who for whatever reason haven't taken up the offer of a vaccination.

I've got every sympathy and understanding with those that are unable to have it for a genuine medical reason, but are they seriously suggesting that the normal majority accept locking down with all the subsequent disruption to their lives to protect a minority bunch of idiots who believe in bonkers conspiracy theorys??. Unbelievable :rolleyes
Probably BBC and most likely that contributor is a campaigner for stricter lockdowns of some sort.We are told that data is showing even with just 1 jab a reduction in being able to catch the virus then a reduction of symptoms if you do, there does not seem to me to be any reason to not now lift restrictions quicker. Apart from the government hell bent on not wanting to give ammunition to Labour who like to blame the government for every single covid fatality.
 Look what has been happening in the care-homes with residents almost being treated like prisoners and not allowed out - or if they do step outside they have to isolate for 14 days. The government have had to be threatened with legal action before they have just changed the rules. 95% of them have had 1 jab and 75% have had 2 jabs - what is the point of the jabs if it changes nothing.     
 I am not saying lift all restrictions now but to speed up the steps to the 21st June, to take some of what can happen after then and apply half of it now. Like they have just done with funerals. weddings also have a situation where on the 20th June they can only have 30 people but the day after they can have literally 1,000s. There should be steps in-between. Same with indoor catering and pubs to allow people to pay and order at the bar.There is room for every area of lock down to have extra steps towards full unlock.         
« Last Edit: 04 May 2021, 10:20:39 am by fazersharp »

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: 04 May 2021, 10:48:16 am »
« Last Edit: 13 June 2021, 01:01:06 pm by YamFazFan »

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: 04 May 2021, 10:58:41 am »
« Last Edit: 13 June 2021, 01:01:22 pm by YamFazFan »

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600,CB400/4,X7,CB250
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: 04 May 2021, 11:09:28 am »
perhaps they could introduce a passport system for hospital beds...no jab,no bed  ;)

i had the first jab a few weeks back, second one in 5 weeks time  :thumbup
One, is never going to be enough.....

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: 04 May 2021, 01:08:44 pm »
They won't speed up loosening restrictions ahead of the published road map because of the amount of stick they got for the timing of the last lock/unlock.
They got justified 'stick' because the last unlock was followed by a second wave which was worse than the first.

Slowly, slowly. Follow the science

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: 04 May 2021, 01:10:12 pm »

Absolutely.

and I'm pleased to report no side effects other than a slightly sore arm. Covid swab test this Saturday am, then surgery on Tuesday if clear

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #465 on: 04 May 2021, 01:33:46 pm »
« Last Edit: 04 May 2021, 01:34:31 pm by fazersharp »

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: 04 May 2021, 01:45:48 pm »
« Last Edit: 13 June 2021, 01:01:51 pm by YamFazFan »

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: 04 May 2021, 04:35:01 pm »
« Last Edit: 13 June 2021, 01:02:18 pm by YamFazFan »

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #468 on: 04 May 2021, 04:36:37 pm »
On the subject of the conspiracy theorists who believe it's all a hoax and refuse the vaccine, I assume they will also reject a hospital bed if they fall seriously ill with all the symptoms?.

In the USA they've had people who have caught it and are lying in hospital beds on oxygen etc *still* claiming that it's all a hoax and they've just got Flu or something...

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: 04 May 2021, 05:42:27 pm »
They won't speed up loosening restrictions ahead of the published road map because of the amount of stick they got for the timing of the last lock/unlock.
They got justified 'stick' because the last unlock was followed by a second wave which was worse than the first.
Haven't loads of countries had a second wave that's been worse than the first?. Germany, France and Italy for example. And look at the awful state India is in now.
They must have all got something wrong as well?.
The CCP dictactors must be laughing watching every country point a finger at their own governments 

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: 05 May 2021, 12:07:05 am »
Haven't loads of countries had a second wave that's been worse than the first?. Germany, France and Italy for example. And look at the awful state India is in now.They must have all got something wrong as well?.

Most of Europe's second wave has been attributed to the what is being referred to as the 'Kent variant'. But yes they also opened up at the wrong time.
India hardly lockdown at all. Modi encouraged crowds, and like Trump, dismissed the virus as a 'little flu'

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: 05 May 2021, 10:50:55 am »
Haven't loads of countries had a second wave that's been worse than the first?. Germany, France and Italy for example. And look at the awful state India is in now.They must have all got something wrong as well?.

Most of Europe's second wave has been attributed to the what is being referred to as the 'Kent variant'. But yes they also opened up at the wrong time.
India hardly lockdown at all. Modi encouraged crowds, and like Trump, dismissed the virus as a 'little flu'

Trump actually said.
"It's a little like a regular flu that we have flu shots for. And we'll essentially have a flu shot for this in a fairly quick manner."

And that was way back in Feb and he was proved essentially correct.
As for the EU, yes they have been blaming their problems on the UK because,as we know nothing is ever their fault.
Explain how they have more cases of the Kent variant than we do.
« Last Edit: 05 May 2021, 11:38:55 am by fazersharp »

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #472 on: 05 May 2021, 11:01:17 am »
Trump actually said.  "It's a little like a regular flu that we have flu shots for. And we'll essentially have a flu shot for this in a fairly quick manner."

And that was way back in March and he was proved essentially correct.

Yes, of course. That's why the USA has had around *ten times* as many Covid deaths as flu deaths...

Explain how they have more cases of the Kent variant than we do.

A variant is called the [location] variant simply because that was the first place it was detected.

But some people like to try to blame people from that location, such as the idiots who attacked Chinese shops and people in the UK because Covid originated in China.

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: 05 May 2021, 11:42:23 am »

« Last Edit: 13 June 2021, 01:02:43 pm by YamFazFan »

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: 05 May 2021, 11:47:04 am »
Trump actually said.  "It's a little like a regular flu that we have flu shots for. And we'll essentially have a flu shot for this in a fairly quick manner."

And that was way back in March and he was proved essentially correct.

Yes, of course. That's why the USA has had around *ten times* as many Covid deaths as flu deaths...

A reminder for you. He said that in Feb 2020 (in my post I got it wrong as I said March ) but he actually said it on February 26 at which time the US had 60 cases.
 Also on the same day 26th Feb TheWHO noted that "...14 countries that have had cases have not reported a case for more than a week, and even more importantly, 9 countries have not reported a case for more than two weeks: Belgium, Cambodia, Finland, India, Nepal, Philippines, the Russian Federation, Sri Lanka and Sweden.
 So your attaching todays figures to what Trump said in Feb 2020 is basically fake news  ;)