Date: 03-05-24  Time: 17:20 pm

Author Topic: Brakes!  (Read 1733 times)

Hobgoblin

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Brakes!
« on: 29 January 2013, 10:02:31 pm »
Hi all, I'm new to the forum, new to the Fazer, and new to motorcycling full stop!
Could anyone suggest brake pads for the fazer 600 1999, I use the bike for mainly dry weekend rides, although I'm off to France on it in July.
I'm dubious about cheap pads and don't know what was fitted as standard, GG or HH. But can cheap pads really be that bad, I don't know?!
Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks fellow Fazer owners.
Keith.

gordon

• DAS Born Again
  • you only live once ride like the devil
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Re: Brakes!
« Reply #1 on: 30 January 2013, 12:12:04 am »
hi keith, from what i,v been told you cant go wrong ebc double-h , part no fa104hh from wemoto.com
thats where u can find everything for your bike . i have the same bike but in gold . i hope that helps you out

welcome mate

Hobgoblin

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 30 January 2013, 12:40:09 am »
Many thanks Gordon.
Keith.

Dead Eye

• GP Hero
  • What doesn't kill me, will only make me stronger.
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 30 January 2013, 01:52:44 am »
If memory serves, I was running SBS Ceramics on the front and EBC Organics on the rear - so sharpish response on the front but a bit softer on the rear. I did like this combo :)

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 30 January 2013, 09:02:31 am »
"....I use the bike for mainly dry weekend rides...."

Not that often then?  :lol
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

packie

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Bandit 1200
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 30 January 2013, 09:22:09 am »
hi keith, from what i,v been told you cant go wrong ebc double-h , part no fa104hh from wemoto.com
thats where u can find everything for your bike . i have the same bike but in gold . i hope that helps you out

welcome mate

I have a pair of the above too and have no problems with them. The Ferrodo equivilant are good too. The brakes on the Fazer themselves are excellent even if you want to put standards pads in. It's your choice on weather you want to put the extra money in for that extra bit of bite. But if you really want to maximize your brakes to the last, then HH pads plus using braided hoses together will you give you improvements over a standard set up. Of course, the state of your Discs and your brake fluid effect your braking too and worth consideration.

Some mechanics recommend standard for the rear instead of HH. I think the HH may have too much bite for the back they reckon.

Hobgoblin

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 30 January 2013, 10:39:43 pm »
I have braided hoses on it anyway. The braking at the moment is smooth, solid, and dependable, but the pads are low! I think I'm going to go for ebc pads HH!
And in answer to the comment about me being a fair weather rider, you're right! I've not been out on it much since I passed my test in October!!!

Motorbreath

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - YZF1000R ThunderAce
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 31 January 2013, 01:18:19 pm »
I like a lot the Goldfren HH ones I bought some time ago at ebay, they were pretty cheap too.

2old2boogie

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 31 January 2013, 04:57:41 pm »

I run a 98 FZS600 and recently fitted EBC HH to the front and rear, I recommend them. Good sharp progressive reponse. :)
I live in my own little world. But it's ok, they know me here.