Date: 30-04-24  Time: 09:31 am

Author Topic: Biking Abroad  (Read 2410 times)

violetsdaddy

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Biking Abroad
« on: 16 May 2012, 10:25:10 am »
Hello All,

How about a biking abroad board?
I go away on my bike every year all over the place camping and B&B and hotels.
I can't be the only one, and I personally love reading up on good roads, hotels, campsites etc.
It also helps to have top tips about petrol (10% ethanol pumps) HI Viz, foreign laws, tricks and tips and other information.

So here's my first question:

I'm going away camping next week o the Fazer for the first time.
I'm using throwover panniers, will I have trouble with the panniers wanting to bend my rear indicators off?
I'm going where the sun is shining, no fixed route, if it all gets wet I may end up in Germany!!!

BIG MAC

• Thinks custom titles are stupid!
  • GP Hero
  • New site same sh1te ;-)
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - FZ1 Fazer, FZS600
    • View Profile
Re: Biking Abroad
« Reply #1 on: 18 May 2012, 10:16:13 pm »
Here's your first answer ....your indicators will be fine...if you fit the panniers properly....have a nice time.
Many of us have done the continent so not sure how much value there is in going over old ground.
We did used to do a bit of a narrative on particularly worthy journeys and maybe this summer will spawn a few of those...(I enjoyed reading them) Hay maybe if your indicators don't fall off you may do one?
The Frying Scotsman

Slaninar

• GP Hero
  • Lookin' like a streak of lightnin'
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
    • BikeGremlin
« Reply #2 on: 19 May 2012, 05:42:11 am »
Any of you foccers heading far east (or west) across Serbia, PM me for phone number in case you need any help, directions, food, bed, or minor bike repairs. Speak English - heavy Russian-like accent, but can be understood. :)
« Last Edit: 19 May 2012, 05:50:32 am by Slaninar »
Most things done in a hurry need to be done again - patiently.

Farjo

• Consultor de administración
  • GP Hero
  • Admin alumni
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 22 May 2012, 07:43:33 pm »
We had a touring board on the old forum but questions were largely ignored, so it's best to ask questions in the General forum.

cable tie

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
Biking Abroad
« Reply #4 on: 22 May 2012, 09:37:16 pm »
Im off to Germany nxt week to bad herranald I hope the sun shines for a whole week ill be very happy if it does !  I used to do throwovers than I got fecked off with having to get up earlier than the rest as it took ages with about 10 bungies to make sure there secure paranoid yep, pack ya stuff in bags to avoid getting wet !  best thing I brought was a roll bag 50-60 litre it's got a hard bottom I strap it across the rear seat with just 2 rox straps and bingo I'm ready to go.