Date: 01-05-24  Time: 09:55 am

Author Topic: Fz1 bogging down after de cat  (Read 1225 times)

clumptydumpty

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - transit van
    • View Profile
Fz1 bogging down after de cat
« on: 06 April 2017, 09:46:22 pm »

quick question, does anyone have any idea why my fz1 could be starting to bog down between about 1800 and 2600 (roughly) rpm??
She has a pc5 with jondaddy82 map, copperdawg flies, remus powercone slip on, and airbox mod. Last night I took out the middle cat and took a test run this evening, strangely enough it seems to be running smoother and with a little more power above 3500 rpm. But under this, especially over the first few miles, the bike seemed to struggle and bog down.
Will the bike compensate for this at all even with the o2 sensor unplugged??? or do I need to bite the bullet and get to a dyno??
Otherwise, what a fecking awesome bike, had it for 6 months and just getting to give her the riding she deserves now=D

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
Re: Fz1 bogging down after de cat
« Reply #1 on: 06 April 2017, 11:35:56 pm »
It'd be worth sticking it on a dyno, especially if you haven't before. I dare say the extra air flow from the decat is messing with the fueling at lower rpms. I have a similar problem when I remove my baffle.

If you can afford to then it's worth just paying for an hour at your local dynojet place just to see how it's running then you can decide where to go from there. I'm not sure about yours but my local place only charges £40 for an hours tuning.
I personally was very lucky as I just had the downloaded map from dynojet website installed and when I got it on the dyno it turned out it was almost perfect for my bike, just needed an hour of tweaking to get running as good as possible.

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07 April 2017, 08:32:05 am »
As Dudeofrude says its dyno time, you will get yours moneys worth. A few tweaks on a dyno  can make a big difference, smoothing out the power and making the the bike feel even better to ride.

clumptydumpty

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - transit van
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09 April 2017, 11:02:50 pm »
Spot on, thanks for replies.
Uploaded a new map over the weekend from the map pack and it seems a lot better. Just found out my shock damping screw adjustment is broken so dyno will have to wait till I get that sorted.

ogri48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XJR1300 , evo fatty
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 24 April 2017, 04:53:40 pm »
removing the secondaries altogether and a dyno run/pc remap at bsd in peterborough made my old one just about perfect. Doing all the hard and expensive stuff and then not having a relatively cheap dyno run/setup is like marrying a lap dancer and sleeping in the spare room  ;)

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 24 April 2017, 05:01:59 pm »
removing the secondaries altogether and a dyno run/pc remap at bsd in peterborough made my old one just about perfect. Doing all the hard and expensive stuff and then not having a relatively cheap dyno run/setup is like marrying a lap dancer and sleeping in the spare room  ;)

Removing the secondary flies is about the only thing I have left to do to mine but wasn't sure if it made much difference? Would it be noticeable if I got rid?