Date: 30-04-24  Time: 23:47 pm

Author Topic: Paddock stands for a 99 FZS600  (Read 1729 times)

sc0ttie

• Weekend Warrior
  • returned to bikes in 2015 after a 10 year break
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Paddock stands for a 99 FZS600
« on: 10 January 2016, 06:40:13 pm »
Can anybody advise if these paddock stands sets will be ok to use with my FZS600? Especially in regards to being able to remove the front wheel? I figured I might as well get a set as I have some jobs to do and if I get a set now I can use them when I need rather than having to keep taking it into the garage etc. I am not keen on using a car jack or any kind of make shift jack, or putting weight on the exhaust. If these are not suitable anyone know of a set of front and rear stands for less than £60?

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/motorcycle/rear-stands/warrior-rear-paddock-stand-and-head-stand-combo

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/motorcycle/front-stands/warrior-front-and-rear-paddock-stand-combo

sinto

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Re: Paddock stands for a 99 FZS600
« Reply #1 on: 10 January 2016, 07:07:48 pm »
They'll to the job (1st set more if you don't have bobbins on the front wheel which the 2nd set are for)

You can take the wheels off using just the centrestand, back wheel comes out fairly easy but the front one only comes away if you put some weight on the rear of the bike, just sit a large toolbox or something on the back seat or in place of top box if you have one and it'll give you plenty of space to remove the front wheel.
The only downside using either the paddock stand or centrestand, is that the bike is near the ground and that's where you'll need to be working causing you aches and pains so I use an easy rizer bike lift to do such jobs but each to their own :b

Edit.....
Using a paddock stand on your own is also a very clumbersome project :b
« Last Edit: 10 January 2016, 08:00:38 pm by sinto »
Colin
----------------------
Ride fast, ride a red bike :-)

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10 January 2016, 07:50:36 pm »
The only downside uding either the paddock stand or centrestand, is that the bike is near the ground and that's where you'll need to be working causing you aches and pains
Old git !
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

sinto

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10 January 2016, 07:59:41 pm »
The only downside uding either the paddock stand or centrestand, is that the bike is near the ground and that's where you'll need to be working causing you aches and pains
Old git !
:rollin :rollin :rollin
Can't disagree :lol
Colin
----------------------
Ride fast, ride a red bike :-)

sc0ttie

• Weekend Warrior
  • returned to bikes in 2015 after a 10 year break
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10 January 2016, 09:10:37 pm »
They'll to the job (1st set more if you don't have bobbins on the front wheel which the 2nd set are for)

You can take the wheels off using just the centrestand, back wheel comes out fairly easy but the front one only comes away if you put some weight on the rear of the bike, just sit a large toolbox or something on the back seat or in place of top box if you have one and it'll give you plenty of space to remove the front wheel.
The only downside using either the paddock stand or centrestand, is that the bike is near the ground and that's where you'll need to be working causing you aches and pains so I use an easy rizer bike lift to do such jobs but each to their own :b

Edit.....
Using a paddock stand on your own is also a very clumbersome project :b

Thanks for the info, I dont mind working near the ground, its good to get the old muscles stretched. I dont have the money right now for an easy lift so that is out of the question really. Thanks I think I will probably opt for the first set :)