Date: 17-05-24  Time: 14:38 pm

Author Topic: carb rubbers  (Read 2866 times)

fletch

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
carb rubbers
« on: 20 February 2012, 12:33:34 am »
wheres the best place to get a set of carb to head rubbers for a 2001 fzs 1000? mine are perishing  :(

solorider

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: carb rubbers
« Reply #1 on: 20 February 2012, 05:26:58 am »
there are no pattern rubbers for the fazer thou,the only option is new or finding a set on ebay,they do come up occasionly.i bought some a few weeks a go.

Falcon 269

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Yamaha R1 1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 20 February 2012, 07:07:23 am »
They can get quite badly cracked on the outside without compromising their integrity, Fletch.  Take your time, use ebay and try some breakers.

solorider

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 20 February 2012, 06:25:12 pm »
it took me about 3 months to find a complete set,there was a pair of them for sale from a gloucester bike breakers but as there are 2 different types,ie left and right i did not go for them

macmivvi

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 20 February 2012, 08:09:35 pm »
it took me about 3 months to find a complete set,there was a pair of them for sale from a gloucester bike breakers but as there are 2 different types,ie left and right i did not go for them

Thanks for that I got them, they are now ported and on my bike.  :)
The ad was a bit confusing so I gave them a call to confirm what they were.

If its just the start of cracking you have plenty of time, the set I took off had been progessively getting worse for 3-4years , have a good dig through the breakers shops on ebay, it can pay off, I paid £24 .

solorider

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 20 February 2012, 10:02:12 pm »

Thanks for that I got them, they are now ported and on my bike.  :)
The ad was a bit confusing so I gave them a call to confirm what they were.

If its just the start of cracking you have plenty of time, the set I took off had been progessively getting worse for 3-4years , have a good dig through the breakers shops on ebay, it can pay off, I paid £24 .
that was cheap,i paid £50 for mine on ebay,as to the parting what do you actualy do and what benefits do you get from porting them?

macmivvi

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 21 February 2012, 12:22:42 am »
I was fitting ivans full monty jet kit which requires the inlet rubbers be reshaped by removing material so didnt want to use the cracked ones.

The benefits with the kit fitted is a much more linear power delivery, engine feels a lot smoother and just takes off form anywhere in rev range , 6th gear overtakes from 3k had me smiling no hesitations just instant grunt.

fletch

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 21 February 2012, 09:41:40 pm »
thanks guys i think i may reinforce them with silicone and insulation tape while i wait for a set to pop up ;)

Skippy

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Gasgas ec300
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 20 July 2013, 07:12:24 pm »
How much of a pain in the r's is it changing them, mine just starting to go on the outside....I hope.....cheers....Skippy.....newbie!
Fzs1000 Gen1...Black Beauty