Date: 30-04-24  Time: 10:35 am

Author Topic: FZS600 mods ..  (Read 8998 times)

odbguy

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
FZS600 mods ..
« on: 11 January 2015, 09:01:51 pm »
Hey, iv been a member since just before Xmas and iv done abit of trawling through the site to see what mods people have done to there bike wondered what mods people would or wouldn't advice and offer help and ideas on stuff.
I want to do a few things to my bike and have made a little list and wondered what you on here though

•Tinted double bubble.
•Remove standard mirrors and fit some handlebar mirrors. I wonderd what could cover up the hole from the existing mirrors if i took them off .. maybe covering them with decals.
•Smaller indicators
•Tail tidy ... although iv come to realise there isn't a tail tidy specific to the fzs600
•End cans .. iv heard good and bad about both delkevic and simmi both look good and are within my budget.
•Pod air filter ... considered but since looking into it unsure as to if it's worth it ??

Eventually I hope to remove the fairing and replace with MT01/03 headlight ... I Love the naked Look! But that will probably be saved for next winter.

Any advice much appreciated.

odbguy

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
Re: FZS600 mods ..
« Reply #1 on: 11 January 2015, 09:07:51 pm »
Iv been reading up on 'kebab 19'  R6 rear shock and 'ruby racing' project . And feeling very inspired just need to save some cash for proper mods.

Arfa

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
    • Beginner Biker Adventures
« Reply #2 on: 11 January 2015, 09:37:50 pm »
It really depends what you want from the bike. For me as a 365 day London commuter, my priorities are reliability, weather protection and getting noticed on the road. So the keys mods were:-
Crash bars, hugger, fender extender, super loud Stebel air horn, Meta alarm, Fazer Thou rear brake caliper, stainless pipes, Givi rack, hard wired camera mounts.
Next up some consideration I've got some yellow wrap to try on the headlights, braided brakes lines, also thinking about a Scotoiler and fork gaiters.

Not sure if that's what you had in mind, but ones preferences between form and function often differ. :)

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11 January 2015, 09:46:08 pm »
Hey, iv been a member since just before Xmas and iv done abit of trawling through the site to see what mods people have done to there bike wondered what mods people would or wouldn't advice and offer help and ideas on stuff.
I want to do a few things to my bike and have made a little list and wondered what you on here though

•Tinted double bubble. Looks better biut does nothing for wind blast
•Remove standard mirrors and fit some handlebar mirrors.Better to Live with the view of your eblow that to fit those
•Tail tidy ... although iv come to realise there isn't a tail tidy specific to the fzs600 If you mean a seat cowl I had one but it looked rubbish - you take off the grab rail and it fits with those bolts
•End cans .. iv heard good and bad about both delkevic and simmi both look good and are within my budget. Still got the OEM
•Pod air filter ... considered but since looking into it unsure as to if it's worth it ?? NO

Eventually I hope to remove the fairing and replace with MT01/03 headlight ... I Love the naked Look! But that will probably be saved for next winter. Wait untill you chuck it down the road as that is how most end up  street fighted
Any advice much appreciated.

Loud horn
Bradied hoses
Fit a hugger - thats good, eeeerm thats about it (for me anyway ) you can gues that I am not a big modder but others are and they will tell you different, I think the fazer is perfect the way it is
« Last Edit: 11 January 2015, 09:47:36 pm by fazersharp »
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

mickvp

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11 January 2015, 09:47:20 pm »
dont bother with pod filters. just stick an upgraded filter in the existing airbox (K&N etc). works well enough.

I put a DB screen on mine, and it helped with wind blast (seems daft for you given that you are planning to go to a single headlight though!) but I am a short foccer so wind blast was no terrible anyway

« Last Edit: 11 January 2015, 09:47:59 pm by mickvp »

odbguy

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 11 January 2015, 10:10:10 pm »
Your right Afra about the different preferences ... I currently work down south and live up north. That's why I'm saving the fairing jobby for next year as if this year plans out il sign out and live and work up north .. I know a bike with no wind protection on a 200mile trip will not be much fun.
Your ideas have given me plenty to think about and hugger and crash bars are definitely things to consider ... could you tell me what's camera mount? That the go pro type thing?

Fazer sharp .. you not a fan of the handebar mirrors ?  I'm not sure Wether to leave or not ... Not keen at all on the standard mirrors.
Iv done abit of searching for seat cowl and not found anything for fzs600. .. just something to neaten up the number plate and rear indicators. . Braided hoses is definitely another I will do and overlooked.

Cheers for reply Mickvp ..  yeah with planning on taking the fairing of the DP screen wouldn't seem worthwhile but til then I wanted to get a tinted screen to add abit of dark colour to it and take away from all the redness of the bike ! Lol

Arfa

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
    • Beginner Biker Adventures
« Reply #6 on: 11 January 2015, 10:18:22 pm »
Camera mount: just a 12V lead from side lights to a USB lead that goes into my Roadhawk Ride that's sticky padded to underside of fairing. Fine in principle, but the vibration seems to cause the Roadhawk to keep cutting out. :(

Ruby Racing

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Kawasaki ZRX1200R
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 11 January 2015, 10:55:46 pm »
Iv been reading up on 'kebab 19'  R6 rear shock and 'ruby racing' project . And feeling very inspired just need to save some cash for proper mods.

:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin
Feel the Fear and do it anyway!

Read about my Project Ruby Racer - FZS 600 Custom build Click this link > > > http://foc-u.co.uk/index.php/topic,10613.0.html

Frosties

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tiger 900, CBF 1000,Bandit 650
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 11 January 2015, 11:20:43 pm »
Couple of nips n tucks should see it looking like this....
Those are my principles...if you don't like them I have others.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 11 January 2015, 11:37:25 pm »

Fazer sharp .. you not a fan of the handebar mirrors ?  I'm not sure Wether to leave or not ... Not keen at all on the standard mirrors.
Iv done abit of searching for seat cowl and not found anything for fzs600. .. just something to neaten up the number plate and rear indicators.

I think the mirrors just look ugly and a bit silly and stick out too much for filtering, like I said I had a seat cowl and it just made it look fat and messy at the back, the oppisit of what I was trying to do, s simple way to tidy up the back is to raise the numberplate over the reflector and cut off what mudguard is showing and add  a reflector poking out underneath the numberplate, I also never put back the grab rail after taking it off for the cowl   
« Last Edit: 11 January 2015, 11:47:54 pm by fazersharp »

odbguy

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 12 January 2015, 06:41:57 am »
I think the mirrors just look ugly and a bit silly and stick out too much for filtering, like I said I had a seat cowl and it just made it look fat and messy at the back, the oppisit of what I was trying to do, s simple way to tidy up the back is to raise the numberplate over the reflector and cut off what mudguard is showing and add  a reflector poking out underneath the numberplate, I also never put back the grab rail after taking it off for the cowl   
[/quote]

Simple and very effective, the back end looks loads better .. thanks !
« Last Edit: 12 January 2015, 06:46:09 am by odbguy »

odbguy

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 12 January 2015, 06:47:24 am »
Yeah that's pretty much exactly what I'm aiming for Frostie !! ;) :/ lol

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 12 January 2015, 11:57:41 am »
I used the same number plate mounting holes in the mud guard and so needed a new number plate, I could of used the same plate but then it would of had 2 extra holes. The new reflector is bolted to the bottom of the mud guard with a short straight  bracket.

odbguy

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 12 January 2015, 03:11:44 pm »
Nice one :) cheers fazersharp. Il have a look over the weekend

Chappers

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 13 January 2015, 07:28:30 pm »
End can wise i went for a blue flame can! Ive heard many good things about them!
i was looking at delkevic for a bit but heard mixed reviews about build quality and stuff.

upload some pics as you do stuff :)

cheers

odbguy

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 14 January 2015, 08:41:37 pm »
Yeah iv heard very mixed views on delkevic too ... my dad has just offered me an end can he has spare so might save my self some cash and have that off him.
Will be sure to post plenty of pics with progress :)