Date: 27-04-24  Time: 23:24 pm

Author Topic: 3 Mobile phone network  (Read 3098 times)

phil on a fazer

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
3 Mobile phone network
« on: 20 January 2012, 03:52:45 pm »
just moved from 02 to 3 with a new HTC wildfire S phone

What a crap phone and what a terrible company 3 are!!! any way to cut a long story short, i want out of my contract (I'm only 3 months in to a 24 month contract).

Can i just cancel the direct debit from my bank? theres no point in complaining to them....they just ignore you.

locksmith

• FOC-U Official Selfish Bastard
    A bit of a cheapskate
    imageJune 09
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-09 :)
    • View Profile
Re: 3 Mobile phone network
« Reply #1 on: 20 January 2012, 03:55:38 pm »
They will probably demand 21 months rental before letting you go.

DryRob

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - SV650s
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 20 January 2012, 03:57:03 pm »
some mobile insurance policies let you finish before the end of your contract but you loose your number and may have to take it out when you get the phone
thou shalt not kick

maddog04

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Pan ST1300
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 20 January 2012, 03:57:46 pm »
I had murder with 3 a few yrs back, wouldn't touch them now. Infact, if they were the last mobile operators on the planet then I'd revert to 2 cups and piece of string
avoid them like the plague

sorry Phil, not much help but looking for an I phone 3gs now and its all come flooding back, I'll have to go for a lie down now :lol
fire never sleeps

tomjimtom

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 20 January 2012, 04:02:54 pm »
Friend at work is in the same position you're in, they wanted to charge him the rest of the contract.
He keeps complaining, he's getting higher (slowly) and with each new manager he talks to, the amount's going down.

His reason is that he was promised full signal at home, he gets none. So it may be because he's got a good reason, they will concede.

So yeah, they'll try to charge you, but keep on (he's been doing it for over a month now) and they'll drop the price :)

hope that helps

Tom

richfzs

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 20 January 2012, 04:58:09 pm »
I bought out of my contract with them a few years ago, and as Maddog says, wouldn't touch them with somebody elses 10 foot bargepole, let alone my own!

Absolutely useless feckers.

bikerboys

• Weekend Warrior
  • full licenses don't come in cornflake packets!
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 20 January 2012, 05:07:39 pm »
there's not a lot you can do but sell the phone to help pay you out thats it there is no way to get out of it they will take you to court no problems and send debt collectors around to your house there are a set of  :finger

there might be one way if you go to carphone warehouse and use one of there cash backs to get you out but I will be honest it will be a shit phone .

and sell the 3 phone get it unlocked .

full licenses don't come in cornflake packets!

rustyrider

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 20 January 2012, 05:40:40 pm »
The coverage from 3 is diabolical but to get round this they piggy-back on the O2 network in areas where they don't have coverage from their own bases.  However, the O2 network recognises that they are a 3 user so are given a much lower priority than an O2 customer.  If the network is even remotely busy, you've got no chance.

If you can give specific locations where it doesn't work, you may be able to use the not fit for purpose clause in the Sale of Goods Act.  You could also try having a look at the Ofcom website (www.ofcom.org.uk) to see if they have any suggestions.

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #8 on: 20 January 2012, 10:30:39 pm »
Rusty, the Piggy back from 3 is with Orange.

Phil, do a manual network search on your phone and try to lock it to one of the other networks. I am with Three and do find some areas the coverage is poor but I have found the same with all the networks. The hotel where I stay during the week, I have resorted to asking for a specific room as it is the only room I have found where Three and Orange (work phone) both work saving me £15 a night in Internet access charges!
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

karlo

• WSB Pack Hound
  • By Fazer I Fly!
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Swadlincote, S.Derbys
    • View Profile
    • UK Bikers
« Reply #9 on: 20 January 2012, 10:44:55 pm »
Had 3 for about 3 years when we did have a problem I just phoned Edinburgh and they sorted it, My only complaint is the is Indian call centre.

locksmith

• FOC-U Official Selfish Bastard
    A bit of a cheapskate
    imageJune 09
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-09 :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 21 January 2012, 09:04:58 am »
saving me £15 a night in Internet access charges............

How can you spend £15 on the internet, alone in a hotel room?????? :)

crishner

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 21 January 2012, 09:24:10 am »
i have been with 3 for 7 years never had a problem with them but when my mother joined 3 a few years ago she got a nokiaN95 and could not get a signal in her house but my old nokia did so i bought her a n78 full signal, so asmuch as the network can be an issue you may find the phone may also be a problem
expectation is the foundation of disappointment if you can be happy with nothing then serenaty is yours

GrahamB

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
    • FZ750 proboards forum
« Reply #12 on: 21 January 2012, 10:35:33 am »
Used to have a few issues with them 3-4 years ago regarding signal strength but they did something about it eventually. Never have a problem with signal these days. Despite the call centre staff being a little bit hard to understand sometimes I have found them infinitely more helpful than the arse holes who work at either of the 2 shops I have visited. Any problems I have ever had regarding my bill have been sorted swiftly over the phone & when I threatened to leave them (contract was up) they offered me a deal I couldn't refuse. Also have a good deal on mobile internet modem/dongle with them but had to haggle for it.
 Having used most of the mobile phone networks in the past I have come to the conclusion that none of them are any better or worse than the others.

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #13 on: 21 January 2012, 01:13:19 pm »
Locksmith, £15 is the flat rate for 24 hours Internet access using the iBahn service in the Marriot hotels. Alternative is £6/hour :eek

karlo

• WSB Pack Hound
  • By Fazer I Fly!
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Swadlincote, S.Derbys
    • View Profile
    • UK Bikers
« Reply #14 on: 21 January 2012, 07:26:08 pm »
I use my phone (Samsung Galaxy) and connect my laptop/netbook/galaxy tab through that having unlimited I net (the one plan).

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #15 on: 21 January 2012, 07:44:08 pm »
Karloff, that is what I do when I have network coverage.

martynR

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 21 January 2012, 09:24:56 pm »
If complains are not resolved, then I would contact Consumer Direct and give the a spank. To cancel the DD wouldn't be a wise move, as somebody said debt collectors and credit history...

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Dl1/Directories/UsefulContactsByCategory/Governmentcitizensandrightscontacts/DG_195948