Date: 28-04-24  Time: 17:37 pm

Author Topic: Bracket to hold clocks on un-faired Fazer?  (Read 1748 times)

renegaderacer

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - MZ ETZ 250 race bike
    • View Profile
Bracket to hold clocks on un-faired Fazer?
« on: 10 July 2012, 11:26:56 am »
Hi guys,

In my quest to 'cafe racer' my Fazer I am removing the fairing and fitting a single headlight and clip-ons.  8)

My problem is what to hold the clocks on with as I believe their fixings are part of the same fairing/headlamp bracket?

Do people make their own brackets or is there one off another model that'll fit?

Cheers,

Giles  :)

virtual bodysnatcher

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
Re: Bracket to hold clocks on un-faired Fazer?
« Reply #1 on: 11 July 2012, 09:00:18 am »
I'd imagine folk'd make an alloy plate to bolt to the top yolk. Tho' dunno what everyone else thinks but if you're using the original ones due to them being behind a fairing the electrical connections in the back are safe from rain etc, I'd say having them out in the open might make them susceptible to electrical "difficulties" should they get wet/salt/fly-splatted?

Raymy

• Erection Services Foccer
    Brighter than a ZippoFirelighter
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - There is only 1 Gertrude
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 13 July 2012, 07:15:52 pm »
I made two aluminium lugs of different lengths and placed them between bar risers and top yolk. You still have the issue of vibration which will eventually fatigue them so you need to tension them somehow. At the time i just strung up the 3rd top bolt on the back of the speedo and tied it to head light bracket. worked for me and was in the style of the bike but some folk might think it messy
Smell ones mother. Yaas!

renegaderacer

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - MZ ETZ 250 race bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 15 July 2012, 08:49:25 pm »
Thanks for the suggestions. I thought I'd have to make some sort of brackets connected to the riser mounts; although I'll look into ways of making it stiffer to help with the vibration.  ;)

Giles  :)