Date: 28-03-24  Time: 23:05 pm

Author Topic: Mad max bikers in the news  (Read 2223 times)

Flooky

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Mad max bikers in the news
« on: 01 November 2016, 03:02:30 pm »
news story on bbc web page, mad max type biker gang ! they all looked like they were on scooters and quads to me, not real bikers just tramps, but I dare say we will get tarred with the same brush.. :(

andybesy

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
Re: Mad max bikers in the news
« Reply #1 on: 01 November 2016, 03:13:06 pm »
Yes, Agreed.

I'm concerned that certain groups of UK bikers are beginning to imitate the behavior of certain groups of US bikers which have been all over the internet of late. Aren't some people easily influenced?

Seems to range from showing off (but you don't look as cool as you think you do!) to almost gang like behavior. I.E. Taking over the road and generally behaving like a prick through to threataning or even criminal behaviour.

Minor acts of rebellion have their place, but lets take any opportunity we have to remind our younger fellows that it's about freedom and having fun, not ego, image and riding like a dick.

Also, It was clear after the last time this happened with all the quads etc that there was some degree of overlap between stolen and uninsured bikes and these events, so lets remember these guys are not our friends.

There we go - I don't normally do politics of any sort but wanted to get that off my chest!

Andy

Flooky

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01 November 2016, 03:16:16 pm »
Yeah true, I remember when there was a spate of sports bikes in music videos, blokes started turning up at bike meets with vests and gold chains and big muscles. they probly gone back to golf now or some other shit. ( they must have got cold )

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01 November 2016, 03:45:02 pm »
It was a couple of miles from where I live, I had heard some quads going past end of my cul de sac on the main road at about 6pm ish, they were revving the tits off them, bunch of wankers with no connection to bikers at all,  hopefully the police and public  will realise that but I doubt it.

maddog04

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Pan ST1300
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06 November 2016, 11:08:50 pm »
big problem in Liverpool with scramblers/quads riding en masse, total disregard for others...running red lights, riding against the traffic, on the pavement etc.....you get the picture!

this week, a cop put his unmarked van into one of them and took him out. prosecution wanted the cop doing but he said he was concerned  for peds in town if the rider had made it back into the City. He got off with it and it then transpires that the rider has numerous driving/riding offences......no insurance blah blah blah

I'm glad the jury backed the cop, too many injured and killed by the these twats

fire never sleeps

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 06 November 2016, 11:17:20 pm »
Surly this is organised through social media so it wouldn't be rocket science for the cops to monitor this and shut it down before is starts,road blocks ect
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

maddog04

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Pan ST1300
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 06 November 2016, 11:31:01 pm »
possibly, but probably word of mouth/texts. They're riding the four points of the compass all around the City, cops can't chase incase they crash and hurt themselves.....the odds are in the scally's favour and they know it. The law needs to change or senior plod need to grow a set and stamp it out. Gaol is too comfy so no deterrent.........bring back the chain gang :stop :smash
fire never sleeps

scoobiemandan

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 07 November 2016, 09:33:42 am »
Glad to read the ol' bill used stingers on a few of them  :lol

it's about freedom and having fun, not ego, image and riding like a dick.

Bingo  :thumbup
« Last Edit: 07 November 2016, 09:36:49 am by scoobiemandan »

Graham53

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 07 November 2016, 10:06:39 pm »
There was a program on BBC not long ago about these nobs  I think it was called britains biker gangs or londons biker gangs , basically they are a collective of idiots with off road bikes, quads and twist and go hairdryers that call themselves uk bike life , they go round streets and council estates terrorising the residents popping wheelies and endos etc trying to impress inbred 8 yr olds who "fink dey are really good bruv cos day can do wheelies init and I wanna do dat when I is bigga bruv.

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 07 November 2016, 11:33:36 pm »
Surly this is organised through social media so it wouldn't be rocket science for the cops to monitor this and shut it down before is starts,road blocks ect

Come on now Fazersharp do you honestly think these fucking neanderthals can write?

But I have to admit to being one of the silly old grebos/rockers that went down the coast   :sun in the early to mid sixties causing mayhem.

When I think about it now it makes me smile, what a load of twats we were and we were sooooo hard the way we threw those deck chairs about, we did not take shit from deck chairs
 :lol
The media pumped all that up right out of proportion, sure there were a few nasty fuckers down there, but the majority of the lads and lasses only went down for a bit of moderate mayhem, challenging deck chairs and rubbish bins to a fight. And to be honest I'm not even sure we won many of them. :rollin
Lots of running along the beach jumping over brake-waters shouting and screaming, I remember one day we frightened a seagull or two. :bobby
He he 

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 08 November 2016, 12:59:48 pm »
we were and we were sooooo hard the way we threw those deck chairs about, we did not take shit from deck chairs

:rollin

challenging deck chairs and rubbish bins to a fight. And to be honest I'm not even sure we won many of them.
:lol

Lots of running along the beach jumping over brake-waters shouting and screaming, I remember one day we frightened a seagull or two
:D

Actually what exactly were the "bikers" doing firstly they were not bikers but quads and scooters - maybe some Chinese super moto 125s, so they were just riding around the streets, I spose that they could of knocked a pedestrian over but would quite likly of came  off worse themselves, not to mention smashed their Chinese plastic up   
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

maddog04

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Pan ST1300
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 08 November 2016, 01:50:27 pm »
another mob turned out in Town yesterday and surrounded a lone cop car and knocked his wing mirror off.......... the hard as nails goons then focced off sharpish when the rest of plod turned up

probably shot down to the beach to terrify a deckchair or seagull :evil
fire never sleeps

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 08 November 2016, 06:58:59 pm »
another mob turned out in Town yesterday and surrounded a lone cop car and knocked his wing mirror off.......... the hard as nails goons then focced off sharpish when the rest of plod turned up

probably shot down to the beach to terrify a deckchair or seagull :evil

he he :rolleyes