Date: 27-04-24  Time: 12:48 pm

Author Topic: Charging problems  (Read 3051 times)

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600,CB400/4,X7,CB250
    • View Profile
Re: Charging problems
« Reply #25 on: 22 September 2022, 03:33:54 pm »
 good solo ride on Monday. Home in High Wycombe down to Loomies for tea and then down to Portsdown for one of Micks 1/2 lb egg bacon burger, Very busy at Micks with a 30 min que for food. Sat and had my lunch whilst taking in the view. Just as i finished things went quiet...2 mins silence...sat there quiet whilst overlooking Portsmouth harbour...
Back on the bike and a ride down to Gosport to explore a couple of Forts. back home via Box hill and then home. 245 miles for the day and the mighty Thou not missing a beat...
One, is never going to be enough.....

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 24 September 2022, 05:13:44 pm »
Mr.Red you could always make your own connector block using Anderson Powerpoles, which would give the facility to isolate, should you need to, one wire at a time. Get genuine article not Chinese copies. I used them before fitting the Electrex World reg/rec. I'll try to find some pics of what they look like.
Whizz kid sitting pretty on his two wheeled stallion.

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 25 September 2022, 11:28:16 am »
Here you go, the finished product using Anderson Powerpoles. 

Did it back in 2017, no issues since.
Second Pic show the potential issue, got to it before it became a charging problem
« Last Edit: 25 September 2022, 11:33:35 am by unfazed »

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 25 September 2022, 06:45:59 pm »
Hiya Red
Been a few years now since I have been on here.
I had exactly the same issue with the large white multi connector under the tank of my FZS600.
Green death on some of the internal pins and sockets and black burning on others, I photographed the plug from all angles and make written notes of the wires 
(Probably not necessary as colour coding helps) I cut the plug right out and used new wire to make 'Link Wires' and spent some time soldering the Links in, Prior to this I purchased a box of different coloured heat shrink tubing, the finished job is far superior to the white multi connector.

You say that you will fit a new connector when you have time, If you have soldered them well I would leave it as it is, and, should you ever need to separate the loom at that point that would be the time to fit a new Multi if that's the way you want to go.
soldered joints don't seem to suffer with the dreaded Green Verdigris/Oxidisation, provided you do not use an acid flux (plumbing type flux).
So pleased to read you have sorted out the problem, I have been following the post with great interest.
tommyardin       

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 25 September 2022, 06:49:45 pm »
Good to see a lot of the old crew are still here.
No bike here at all now sold the FZS600 and the Honda C90 Step through, But I do still have the Blue Hairdressers Cage (SLK 230 Komp)  :rollin