Date: 20-04-24  Time: 02:20 am

Author Topic: Foot pump me please  (Read 8635 times)

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Re: Foot pump me please
« Reply #25 on: 14 March 2014, 11:37:01 am »
Those michelin foot pumps with the screw on. When you are un screwing them isnt it letting out the air, where as the clip on ones just give a once "pist" and thats it
this one is it  http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10001&langId=-1&productId=169794&catalogId=10151 because not many reviewers like it at all, I know people are most likly to complain that give a thumbs up but there must be somthing out there that isnt total crap.
Remember folks the quest is- because of where I store it in my car it has to be a foot pump and I dont want electric.
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

locksmith

• FOC-U Official Selfish Bastard
    A bit of a cheapskate
    imageJune 09
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-09 :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 14 March 2014, 11:49:56 am »
The screw type only lets out a pist as well!

My only complaint of the Michelin one is the plastic plugs that you use to keep it closed with, they are a bit fiddly.

dx408

• custard tart muncher
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Suzuki V-Strom 1050
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 14 March 2014, 05:18:15 pm »
I got one of these from costco about 5 years ago when it was on offer for £40. its a good bit of kit, but not cheap:

http://www.costco.co.uk/view/product/uk_catalog/cos_8,cos_8.5,cos_8.6.1/139578

Costco is like most other shops some things are cheap some things are not (try to pick things up when they are "changing seasons" some real good deals then)
The thing to bear in mind is that they mainly carry 2-3 of the top brands and their own Kirkland which is why you can get similar a lot cheaper other places. Not everything is cheap but it is a good quality. I have to say that the Kirkland stuff is good as well. I have never had a problem with anything I have bought from there and know if I did there would be a good response for problems from the customer services to get it sorted out. BTW Costco do an on line ordering option now and you don't have to be a member (there is a surcharge for non members)
I have bought redex from there 4 bottles work out cheaper than 2 from other places and they are much bigger bottles.

If you have an "executive" membership you even get money back on everything you buy at membership renewal not sure but think it's 2-3% depending on how much you buy that can pay for your membership and even give you money back in your pocket.

I know that the items such as meat, bakery and deli (Kirkland branded) are good quality as they don't use cheap stuff to make it with.

Have to say at this point I work for Costco :-) but that does not cloud my comments.

Hail the mighty costco.....i love costco Mick....people are like what you see in costco...its not cheap...i dont care...it is ace & has everything i "need"......plus you can usually be sure that something from costco is top quality.

Shame my nearest is 2 hours trip to cardiff
Dont ask it's a chef thing
After 15 years EX-Fazer owner XJR. XJR gone FJR, FJR gone NEW FJR that's gone, now Triumph Tiger Explorer  an CB400n Superdream sold BMW 650 Funduro sold Now a R1200GA Adventure Rallye next ? OK so where next turns out to be V-Strom 1050 NEXT?

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 07 April 2014, 09:05:24 pm »
RAC foot pump = C RAC P 1st one the valve just popped off with air, swapped for another which stayed on but the whole barrel was mounted twisted so every time you pumped down it was out of the frame, it got air in but started to make a dry rubbing noise like the barrel was working twisting to the side (which it was)
£12.99
So back to the drawing board
« Last Edit: 07 April 2014, 09:06:13 pm by fazersharp »

Davebo

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - None
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 08 April 2014, 09:00:37 am »
I just repaired my old double barrelled one. I have two battery compressors and a full compressor but I like the idea of a back up. The hose had split so i just cut it off and used a jubilee clip. time will tell if it's a good enough seal.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 08 April 2014, 07:23:18 pm »
Ok I have now got this one http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_974127_langId_-1_categoryId_255241#tab3
It looks plastic in the pic but is metal and feels strong and gives out a lot of air with each stroke - much more than the RAC one, so for the time being I will see how it gos
I will now be looking for a gauge (see my new thread post )