Date: 22-05-24  Time: 04:21 am

Author Topic: New Bike....  (Read 1595 times)

nickm

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZ8 11-
    • View Profile
New Bike....
« on: 14 January 2014, 06:09:27 am »
Just bought a new FZ8 ABS...and I don't think you get value for money even though it is one of the best bikes to ride. For the money one would have thought that a centre stand would be standard fit!
Are there any after market stands for them and has anyone fitted scottoiler on one of these. I also need crash bungs if anyone knows where I could get some without paying Yamaha prices.

Phil

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • View Profile
Re: New Bike....
« Reply #1 on: 14 January 2014, 06:58:05 pm »
A bit late for you now, but when I bought mine I asked for centre stand, touring screen, Oxford heated grips at cost price + a certain % for delivery/fitting. For the dealer, they get a new bike sale and don't make a loss on the extra parts.

I didnt buy crash bungs, then had a slow speed off 3 months later. I now have R&G bungs and engine casing protectors, currently looking as new. They don't list the engine casing protectors for the 800cc but they are the same as the 1000cc, they went on my bike.

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 14 January 2014, 10:29:47 pm »
Just bought a new FZ8 ABS...and I don't think you get value for money even though it is one of the best bikes to ride. For the money one would have thought that a centre stand would be standard fit!
Are there any after market stands for them and has anyone fitted scottoiler on one of these. I also need crash bungs if anyone knows where I could get some without paying Yamaha prices.
Yamaha do a centre stand as an accessory for the FZ8, part number is 39p-f71a0-v0-00

nickm

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZ8 11-
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 17 January 2014, 01:40:15 pm »
I have already done 200 miles so by the first week in Feb I'll have to take it in for the first service...I will ask them about the centre stand and crash bungs. Hoping to fit scottoiler in the next 2 weeks.

Grandma

• Club Racer
  • What it says on the tin
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10 February 2014, 11:32:58 am »
I have already done 200 miles so by the first week in Feb I'll have to take it in for the first service...I will ask them about the centre stand and crash bungs. Hoping to fit scottoiler in the next 2 weeks.
See other thread about chain oiler, as I have dual feed Scottoiler on my Fazer 8, but because of the shape of the swinging arm, cable ties holding final fitting to sprocket kept moving, so have now taped it in place, when weather better will secure with one of the sticky pads that came with the kit.
Age is a question of mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter!
If I had a brain I would be dangerous